Eko DUO ECG and Digital Stethoscope Benefits
- Provides unprecedented insight into cardiac function
- Removable earpieces support wireless auscultation using the Eko mobile App and headphones with 60x amplification of heart, lung, and body sounds.
- The single-lead ECG enables clinicians to monitor the heart's electrical activity and screen for arrhythmias.
- FDA, CE cleared and ISO 13485 Certified
- The free Essentials Plan enables clinicians to visualize, record and save sounds and ECGs for further analysis, or securely share them for a second opinion.
- HIPAA Compliant
What does Eko DUO include?
- (1) Eko Duo
- (1) Wireless Touch Charging Pad
- (1) 5w / 2a Usb Power Adapter
- (1) Micro USB To USB Cable
- (1) Eko Earpiece
- (6) Silicone Rubber Eartips
- (1) Getting Started Instruction Card
- Downloadable App for Android, iOS, Windows
Eko DUO ECG + Digital Stethoscope Features
- Digital Stethoscope -
- 60x sound amplification
- 12 volume settings
- Digital-only sound mode
- 20Hz - 2Khz frequency response
- 4000Hz sample rate
- 4 selectable audio filters: Diaphragm 100-500Hz, Bell mode 20-200Hz, Midrange 50-500Hz, Extended 20-2000Hz
- Power -
- Wireless induction charging
- Automatic power off after 5 minutes of inactivity
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with 9-hour life
- Single-Lead ECG -
- 2 stainless steel electrodes
- 0.01Hz high pass filter
- Selectable 50 / 60Hz mains filter
- 500 Hz sampling rate
- Connection & Storage -
- Threaded 3.5mm jack for headphones or audio cable
- Bluetooth 4.0 low-energy
- .WAV and .PDF file formats
- Materials -
- 6061 machined aluminum and
- High-impact ABS thermoplastic
- Does not contain natural rubber latex or phthalate plasticizers
When to use Eko DUO System?
- The Eko DUO System is intended to be used by healthcare professionals to electronically amplify, filter, and transfer body sounds and single-channel electrocardiogram (ECG) waveforms
- The Eko DUO System also displays ECG waveforms and phonocardiogram waveforms on the accompanying mobile application for storage and sharing (when prescribed or used under the care of a physician)
- It can be used to record heart sounds and cardiac murmurs, bruits, respiratory sounds, and abdominal sounds during physical examination in normal patients or those with suspected diseases of the cardiac, vascular, pulmonary, or abdominal organ systems
- The device can be used on adults and pediatrics
- The data offered by the device is only significant when used in conjunction with physician over read as well as consideration of other relevant patient data
- The device should not be used on infants weighing less than 10kg
Why choose Eko DUO ECG Plus Stethoscope?
Two in One Eko Stethoscope + ECG -
- DUO combines a digital stethoscope and ECG in a single device
- A large audio driver and comfortable ear-tips deliver rich heart sounds
- Its patient-friendly software makes it simple to visualize and share sounds and ECGs
- DUO can be used by clinicians, or by patients at home for longer-term self-monitoring when prescribed by a physician
- Indicated to use for for patients over 10kg
Pair Eko DUO with Eko Software
Unlock the full potential of DUO by pairing with the Eko Platform.
- Visualize heart sound waveform (phonocardiogram) & ECG (electrocardiogram) tracings in real-time
- Capture 15, 30, 60, or 120-second recordings to chronicle a patient’s exam history
- Share recordings for a second opinion or referral as easily as sending an email
- A single dashboard connects you to multidimensional patient care, exam records, reports and colleagues
- Add the Pro Plan to help detect early-stage heart murmurs and AFib with Eko AI analysis algorithms
- Add the Pro Telehealth Plan for AI-powered live stream auscultation and ECG with integrated videoconferencing.
System Requirements for Eko App Software
- The mobile app software can be used with iPhone 5S and newer models, iPad Mini 2, 3, iPad Air/Air 2, and iPad 3rd/4th generations with iOS 11.0+ and at least 25MB of free memory
- The mobile app software can be used with Android OS 8 & greater
- DUO uses Bluetooth Smart; mobile devices used must be compatible with Bluetooth Smart
What is Eko AI analysis and the Pro Plan?
The Pro plan enables AI analysis of heart sounds and ECG to your device and helps identify AFib, heart murmurs, and early signs of structural heart disease. The Pro Plan is recommended for individuals and small clinics that want to digitize their practice and identify early signs of heart disease.
What is Eko Telemedicine and the Pro Telehealth Plan?
The Pro Telehealth plan combines high-fidelity stethoscope auscultation sounds and ECG, videoconferencing, and AI analysis into a single platform. Pro Telehealth is built for small clinics and multi-site hospitals to quickly deploy without the overhead of large scale telemedicine platforms.
What to buy with Digital Stethoscope
Eko DUO Device Cleaning Instructions
- To ensure a proper ECG and PCG recording, clean the electrodes with an alcohol-based cleaning solution prior to use
- The device and earpieces should be cleaned between each patient use. All cleaning instructions pertaining to stethoscopes and ECG units in general apply.
- It is unnecessary to separate the device from the earpieces for cleaning. All external parts of the hardware can be cleaned with 70% isopropyl alcohol wipes.
Note: Do not immerse the device in any liquid or subject it to any high-pressure/autoclave sterilization processes.
How to use DUO ECG + Digital Stethoscope with Earpieces?
1. Eko DUO Setup -
Install included Earpiece by plugging the audio jack into the 3.5mm audio port at the base of DUO and tightening the threads
2. Charging DUO101 -
- To charge DUO, place the device on the Wireless Touch Charging Pad
- Connect the charging pad to a power source using the included USB charging cable and power adapter
- The LED light ring on DUO will begin to flash to signal the charging status
- All of the LEDs in the ring will light up when the device is fully charged
- DUO should be periodically recharged even when in storage
- Lithium ion batteries slowly lose charge when in storage and may fall to an unacceptably low level, damaging the battery
Note: DUO will not operate or connect to the Eko App while charging
DUO is controlled using the action button located on the top face. An LED ring illuminates when the device is powered on.
||LED Ring Response
|Power On / Off
||Press and hold the action button for two seconds.
||The active LED turns on/off
|Change audio filters
||Press the action button three times quickly.
||The active LED rotates to a new position corresponding to the filter type.
|Take a recording
||Press the action button two times quickly. Press once to end recording. Recording will start after a 0.2 second delay to prevent button click sound from being included in the recording. Recordings can also be initiated in the Eko App
||The active LED remains on.
- Power Save Mode: DUO will automatically power off after 5 minutes of continuous inactivity. To resume DUO, press and hold the action button for two seconds.
- Volume Control: The device’s sound level can be amplified in 12 increments. Change the volume level by pressing the top (+) and bottom (-) of the volume button on the side of the device. Increasing the volume by one level can be confirmed by the increasing number of LEDs lit in the LED ring.
3. Eko DUO Device Charging Interface -
1. The device is OFF. All functions of the device are disabled.
2. The device is ON but not paired. Active LED blnks every 1.5 seconds. The device is discoverable and ready to connect via Bluetooth.
3. The device is ON and paired with a phone/tablet. Active LED is lit and solid. The device is streaming live audio and ECG to the paired device
4. The device is ON. The filter change is indicated by the active LED in the LED ring rotating to a new position.
5. The device is ON and has low battery. The red warning LED turns on. Device functions normally.
6. The device is ON and its battery level is below 10%. The LED flashes rapidly for 4 seconds, then turns off. The device will no longer stream or playback audio or ECG.
7. The device is OFF and is charging.
8. The device is OFF and fully charged.
4. Eko DUO ECG Plus Digital Stethoscope Uses -
DUO can be used in various locations and orientations of the chest. Each position will produce a unique heart sound and ECG tracing.
- PCG -
- Capture sounds by placing DUO anywhere on the body
- For best audio, press the device firmly against the skin to ensure good contact
- ECG -
- Capture ECG by placing and orienting DUO on the chest
- The optimal position to capture ECG data is at an inward-facing 45° angle at the upper left pectoral below the clavicle
- If the patient has particularly dry skin, body fat or hair, the conductive gel used with other ECG systems may be used to improve the quality of the data
5. Eko DUO-101 Operating Conditions -
- Environmental: The operating range of the Core is 10° to 40°C (50 to 113°F), and 10% to 95% relative humidity. The storage and transport range is -10° to 60° and 10% to 95% relative humidity. Acceptable pressure is 1 atm.
It is recommended to avoid exposure to extreme heat, cold, solvents and oils. Extreme heats and colds will negatively affect the lithium ion battery in the device, and may affect battery life.
- Operating Warnings: Failure to follow care and maintenance recommendations could result in damage to the internal components of the device. Internal damage to the product could cause malfunction of the product, possibly leading to complete loss of function. If problems are encountered with the device, do not attempt to repair it.
Eko DUO Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the Eko DUO ECG + Digital Stethoscope?
A. The DUO is a combined digital stethoscope and single-lead ECG. Its earpieces screw on and off so it can be used like a traditional stethoscope or without earpieces for telemedicine workflows or ECG screening. DUO can be used only as a digital stethoscope, only as an ECG, or both at the same time.
Q. What are the electrodes made of?
A. The ECG electrodes are made of stainless steel. They are designed to work without any gel or cream, however gels or creams can improve the signal quality in some situations.
Q. How does the DUO work for Bluetooth or Wireless Auscultation?
A. The DUO provides wireless functionality utilizing Bluetooth technology. DUO supports wireless auscultation using the Eko App and headphones, Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids, or other devices. Alternatively, DUO is fitted with a 3.5mm audio jack, so it can directly connected to headphones or other streaming devices.
Q. What stethoscopes work with Eko Platform?
A. Compatible stethoscopes:
- Eko CORE Digital Attachment
- Eko CORE Digital Stethoscope
- 3M Littmann CORE Digital Stethoscope
- DUO ECG + Digital Stethoscope
Q. How do Eko Pro and Pro Telehealth plans work?
A. Both the Pro and Pro Telehealth plans are available for subscription. Checkout with just a subscription or purchase a stethoscope & subscription bundle. All stethoscopes come with the free Essentials plan. All paid plans come with a risk free 30-day trial plans that can be canceled at any time.
DUO101 ECG + Digital Stethoscope User Manual