Why choose Elevated Toilet Seat of Drive Medical?
- Adds 5" to height of toilet seat
- Tool-free arms can be removed or added
- Arm sleeves and receivers are made of metal
- This raised toilet seat is lightweight and portable
- Easily attaches to toilet bowl
- Fits most toilets
- Made using recycled materials
- Available in white color
Note: This item cannot be returned or exchanged due to hygienic reasons
What is the purpose of a Raised Toilet Seat?
A raised toilet seat provides a safer environment by helping prevent falls in the bathroom. The seat raises the height of the toilet to a more comfortable level, making it easier to sit down and stand up. It also decreases the space between the user and toilet to help alleviate any burden placed on the hips and knees.
What to buy with Toilet Riser
How to install Drive Locking Raised Toilet Seat?
- To install arms, depress push pins on arm and insert into mounting tubes. There will be an audible click. Ensure the push pins fully protrude through the holes in the mounting tubes. Make sure arms are locked in place by pulling them. To remove arms, reverse steps.
- Lift toilet lid and seat assembly and place rear wings of toilet seat around rim of toilet bowl. (Some toilet bowls may require that seat assembly be removed to allow proper fit.) In addition the front adjustment bracket must clear the rim in order for the raised toilet seat to fit securely.
- With raised toilet seat resting correctly on rim, straighten and center raised seat over toilet bowl as necessary. Turn adjusting knob clockwise to tighten toilet seat securely in place. Hand tighten only - use no tools, and be careful not to over-tighten, as threads on adjustment bracket may strip.
- Check for secure fit routinely before using toilet seat. User’s weight should be centered over toilet seat, not too far forward or too far to one side, as unit may tip.
How to remove Drive Medical Two In One Toilet Seat?
- Rotate knob counter clockwise until seat is loose
- Lift front of raised toilet seat and pull forward to move
How to clean Drive Elevated Toilet Seat?
- Use a non-abrasive detergent or household cleaner with warm water
- Rinse with warm water and wipe dry
Note: Do not use an abrasive cleaner or cloth with this toilet seat, as damage may ensue
Safety Considerations of Drive Two In One Locking Elevated Toilet Seat
- Be sure to center your weight
- Routinely check for secure fit before using the toilet seat
- Use arm supports only for assistance
- Do not use arm supports to support your full body weight
How to choose a Raised Toilet Seat?
- Determine the height needed -
- Measure the length of your lower back leg. Add 2". Example - 19" + 2" = 21"
- Measure the height of your toilet bowl. Be sure not to include the seat and lid.
- Calculate the difference. 21" – 17" = 4". You need a 4" raised toilet seat! Note: If you calculate an odd number, simply round up!
- Determine the shape of toilet - Toilets come in 2 different shapes standard round and elongated. To measure the toilet bowl correctly, measure from the center front to the center of the mounting holes.
- Determine right type of installation - Considerations; If other family members share the bathroom, consider choosing an easily removable option. A riser will allow you to continue using your existing seat and lid.
- Determine important features -
- Lid vs. No Lid
- Hinge vs. No Hinge
- Armrests vs. No Armrests - Armrests aid transfer on and off the unit. Note the distance from your toilet to the wall when considering armrests.
- Contoured Style - The front of the unit contours gently downward, making getting on and off of the raised toilet seat easier. Both the front and back feature openings for ease of accessibility to take care of personal cleansing.
Drive RTL12027RA Elevated Toilet Seat User Guides
- Always be sure that the seat is correctly and securely locked in place before using
- Be sure that the adjustment knob in front of the seat is tight at all times, thus securing the seat to the toilet bowl
- This raised toilet seat is designed for use with the most common types of commodes. It will not fit all commode types; be sure that the unit is correctly installed, fits properly and is stable before use
- On models with arm rests: The arms are for the purpose of providing assistance when getting on and off the seat. Do not try to use the arms to support full body weight during transfer, as this may result in failure of the unit.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Specifications of Drive Two In One Raised Toilet Seat with Arms
|Width Between Arms
Drive Locking Elevated Commode Riser Warranty
Lifetime limited warranty