- Drive Tamper Proof Magnetic Pull Cord Alarm activates when magnetic pull switch is removed
- Convenient on/off switch for easy activation and deactivation
- Cord adjusts from 28" to 58"
- Easily mounted on wheelchair or bed
- Volume: 97dB to 103dB
- Comes with screwdriver to remove battery cover
- One 9V battery included
- Attachment to a wheelchair:
Pull Cord Alarm is supplied with a holster for attaching the unit to a wheelchair. Insert the strap in the holster and hang on push handle of wheelchair.
- Attachment to the bed:
For a more secure attachment, use the mounting screws included to secure the holster to the headboard. A hook and loop fastener strip is also supplied for easy attachment of the unit to any flat surface such as a headboard or the side of a bed.
- Place the Magnetic Sensor in the sensor area. Turn on the unit by sliding the on/off switch to "LO" (for low sound emis sion, 85 dB) or "HI" (for high sound emission, 95 dB).
- Secure the Magnetic Sensor to the patient by clipping the attached cord to the patient's clothes. Clip the cord to a piece of clothing the patient is not likely to remove. The clip should be located out of the patients reach, if possible. Be sure that the long pull cord cannot entangle or choke the patient. Use the Cord Adjuster to adjust the length of the pull cord.
- A pull on the cord from any direction will cause the Magnetic Sensor to release from the sensor area to sound the alarm. The alarm will sound in a cycle of approximately 3 seconds on, 2 seconds off to minimize annoyance to the patient and surrounding occupants
- Stop the alarm either by replacing the Magnetic Sensor or turning the unit off with the on/off switch
- Battery information: The unit uses 2 alkaline AAA size batteries (included). To insert batteries:
- Remove the two screws on the battery door
- Take special care not to remove the rubber seal
- When inserting batteries observe the battery type and polarity (+/-) marking on the unit
- Insert batteries accordingly
- Replace the battery door
- Make sure that the rubber seal is properly positioned and secured with the two screws
- Do not overtighten the screws
: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
1 year limited warranty