Features of DonJoy OA FullForce Knee Stabilizer
- Lightweight Comfort: Lightest OA frame provides a snug comfortable fit allowing maximum knee function
- Reduce ligament strain: The 4-Points-of-Leverage is clinically shown to reduce ACL strain by keeping the knee in a stable position to minimize further cartilage damage
- Minimize pain: The adjustable system shifts the painful joint loads from the degenerative compartment to the healthy compartment. 4 degrees of correction is built into the frame while the hinge allows the ability to fine tune the load
When to use Donjoy OA Fullforce Brace?
- Mild to moderate Knee OA
- Chondral defect and Meniscus repairs (OATS, ACI, Meniscectomy, Microfracture)
- Ligament instability with meniscal injury
What to buy with DonJoy OA FullForce Knee Brace
What is Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis occurs when the joint surface wears and tears, deteriorating the cartilage within the joint that allows the bones to move freely against each other.In OA of the knee, the result can be the painful rubbing together of the femur (thigh bone) against the tibia (shin bone).
How Donjoy Brace can help in Osteoarthritis?
- An osteoarthritic knee is corrected by an OA knee brace.
- DonJoy OA braces alleviate pain through the application of corrective load against the knee joint.
- Siply put, the braces apply an opposing force against the knee, causing the joint to realign, thereby decreasing or eliminating the contact between the two bone surfaces. The result is decreased pain and increased mobility.
How to apply Osteoarthritis Knee Brace by DonJoy?
- While sitting on the edge of a chair, step through the brace. Flexing the knee to 45°, position the brace as shown in figure 1, centering the hinge about 1” (2.54 cm) above the top of the kneecap and slightly past midline of the leg. Make sure the brace is not twisted on the leg. Secure the bottom calf strap first, then the top thigh strap.
- Keeping the knee bent at 45 degrees, push both condyles (hinges) toward the back of the leg. To maintain the position of the hinges, secure lower thigh strap on the back of the leg.
- Draw the hinges forward slightly before fastening the front tibial (shin) strap. Do not pull the hinges beyond midline of the leg. Secure the upper calf strap. Be careful not to pull this strap too tight and risk circulation problems.
- When all strapping is complete, the hinge should center just above the top of the kneecap and slightly behind midline. To ensure that no slippage occurs during activity, it is recommended to do a few knee bends or walk for a few minutes, then re-tighten the straps.
How to use and care Donjoy Osteoarthritis Knee Stabilizer?
- If during activity, re-tightening is necessary, re-tighten all straps following steps in the application instructions.
- All straps and pads may be trimmed to fit individual variations in limb circumference.
- The brace may be used in fresh or salt water. Following use in water activities, drain thoroughly and rinse with clean, fresh water and then air dry.
- Hand wash your liners and condyle pads in cold water with mild detergent. Air dry only, do not heat dry liners or pads.
- The hinge mechanism requires little maintenance in normal use. However, you may apply a dry lubricant such as a Teflon spray to the internal mechanism of the hinge. Dry lubrication is recommended following use in water.
- Periodically inspect hinge screws for tightness and retighten as needed.
Warning and Precautions:
- This product is to be prescribed and fitted by a qualified healthcare professional.
- The frequency, duration of use and directions for use should be determined by your prescribing healthcare professional.
- ROM settings should not be changed without supervision of a medical professional.
- If discomfort, knee pain, swelling, changes in sensation or other unusual reactions occur while using this product, you should contact your doctor immediately.
- If you develop an allergic reaction and/or experience itchy, red skin after coming into contact with any part of this device, please stop using it and contact your healthcare professional immediately.
- Do not use over open wounds.
- Do not use the device if it is damaged and/or the packaging has been opened.
Note: Contact manufacturer and competent authority in case of a serious incident arising due to usage of this device.
Specification of OA FullForce
||13" - 15.5" (33 - 39 cm)
||12" - 13" (30.5 - 33 cm)
||10" - 12" (25.5 - 30.5 cm)
||15.5" - 18.5" (39 - 47 cm)
||13" - 14" (33 - 35.5 cm)
||12" - 14" (30.5 - 35.5 cm)
||18.5" - 21" (47 - 53.25 cm)
||14" - 15" (35.5 - 38 cm)
||14" - 16" (35.5 - 40.5 cm)
||21" - 23.5" (53.25 - 59.5 cm)
||15" - 17" (38 - 43 cm)
||16" - 18" (40.5 - 47 cm)
||23.5" - 26.5" (59.5 - 67.25 cm)
||17" - 19" (43 - 48.25 cm)
||18" - 20" (47 - 50.75 cm)
||26.5" - 29.5" (67.25 - 75 cm)
||19" - 21" (48.25 - 53.25 cm)
||20" - 22" (50.75 - 56 cm)
||29.5" - 32" (75 - 81.25 cm)
||21" - 23" (56 - 61 cm)
||22" - 24" (53.25 - 58.5 cm)