What to buy with SUR-FIT Durahesive Skin Barrier
ConvaTec SUR-FIT Durahesive Skin Barrier Features
- Swells up to protect the stoma
- Special effect, called turtlenecking, helps create a more secure seal without harming the skin
- Easy to fit, apply, and remove
- Adhere securely to the skin while showering, bathing, and swimming
- Coupling ring provides audibe click confirming secure connection to pouch
- Built in CONVEX-IT technology provides extra protection for recessed, retracted or flush stomas
- White fabric collar increases flexibility
- Unique combination of naturally derieved hydrocollides provide long lasting, skin friendly protection but still remain kind of removal
- Suitable for sensitive sking providing maximum protection
- Keeps the user active throughout the day
How to use ConvaTec SUR-FIT Skin Barrier?
Begin by cleansing the peristomal skin with mild soap and water (soaps should be free of oils and creams). Pat dry thoroughly. The skin should be free of any solvent or greasy substances.
ConvaTec SUR-FIT Natura Skin Barrier/Wafer Preparation
- Measure the stoma size with the measuring guide provided. Select a skin barrier/wafer with a flange (white ring) that is at least 1/2" (13mm) larger than the widest diameter of the stoma. If this size is not available, go to the next larger flange size.
- Trace the exact stoma size onto the center white release paper in the back of the skin barrier/wafer. The small starter hole should be in the center of your tracing.
- Cut along the tracing with curved, short-blade scissors. For skin barriers/wafers with precut stoma opening: Select a skin barrier/wafer with a precut stoma opening the same size as the largest diameter of the stoma. Do not enlarge the precut stoma opening. Remove white release paper from the skin barrier/wafer. Leave the outer release paper on the tape collar in place.
- Stomahesive Paste can be applied to the back of the skin barrier/wafer to further fill gaps between the skin barrier/wafer and the stoma. Allow the paste to set for one minute prior to application to the skin. (Do not spread the paste.)
How to apply ConvaTec SUR-FIT Natura Skin Barrier/Wafer?
- Center the skin barrier over the stoma. Press the skin barrier against the skin. If using a tape bordered skin barrier, remove the remaining backing paper one side at a time.
- During application, maintain gentle pressure on the skin barrier for 30 seconds to improve adhesion.
How to remove ConvaTec SUR-FIT Skin Barrier/Wafer?
Gently pull the skin barrier down, away from the skin, while supporting the adjacent skin with your other hand. To assist with the barrier removal, an AllKare Adhesive Remover wipe may be used to remove any adhesive buildup.ConvaTec SUR-FIT Natura Two-Piece Convex Pre-Cut Skin Barrier User Manual