ActiveLife 1-Piece Pre-cut Transparent Urostomy Pouch Features
- ConvaTec Activelife One-Piece Ostomy Pouch comes with 1-sided comfort panel and accuseal tap with valve
- Ideal for people living with a urostomy with unique needs
- Accuseal tap with valve is designed for easy manipulation and emptying
- Permit easy connection to night drainage
- Pre-Cut Durahesive Skin barrier:
- Swells up to protect the stoma, which helps create a more secure seal without harming your skin
- Easy to fit, apply and remove
- Disposable, provides added protection from liquid output
- Gently swell up and hug the stoma, better protecting the skin around stoma
- Helps to protect skin against urine
- Pouch size: 8"
What to buy with ActiveLife One-Piece Urostomy Pouch
How to use ConvaTec ActiveLife 1-Piece Pre-cut Transparent Urostomy Pouch?
Begin by cleansing the peristomal skin with mild soap and water (soaps should be free of oils, cream, and aloe). Do not use baby wipes. Pat dry thoroughly. The skin should be free of any solvent or greasy substances.
Preparation of Skin Barrier of ActiveLife One-Piece Pouching System
- Measure the stoma size with the measuring guide provided. Trace the exact stoma size onto the center white release paper of the skin barrier. The small starter hole should be in the center of your tracing.
- For skin barriers with pre-cut stoma openings: Select a pouching system with a pre-cut stoma opening the same size as the largest diameter of the stoma. Do not enlarge the pre-cut stoma opening.
- Important: Before cutting, separate the front and back panels to avoid cutting through the pouch. Make sure that the inner surfaces of the pouch are separated and that the pouch contains a small amount of air. Cut along the tracing with curved, short blade scissors.
- Cut the center hole the same size as the stoma, using the guidelines on the release paper. Do not cut beyond the last line.
- Remove the white release paper from the skin barrier. Leave the outer release paper on the tape collar in place.
A caulking material, such as Stomahesive Paste, can be applied to the back of the skin barrier to further fill gaps between the wafer and the stoma. Allow the paste to sit for one minute prior to application to the skin. (Do not spread the paste.)
Application of ConvaTec Durahesive Skin Barrier
- Place the ConvaTec one-piece pouching system gently in position over the stoma. Press the skin barrier against the skin, paying particular attention to the area closest to the stoma.
- During application, maintain gentle pressure on the skin barrier for 30 seconds to improve adhesion.
- After the skin barrier is in place, remove one side of the release paper on the tape collar and smooth onto the skin, working from the center out to the edges.
- Repeat with the other side, making sure the tape is smooth and wrinkle-free.
The Durahesive wafer will swell around the stoma, resulting in a turtleneck effect. This is a normal function of the wafer and will not harm the stoma or prevent the flow of urine and stool, even if the stoma is completely covered.
- Use ActiveLife drainable products: If you have a colostomy/ileostomy. For attachment of the tail clip, fold the bottom of the pouch over the tail clip only once. Press firmly on the center of the clip until it snaps securely closed.
- Use ActiveLife urostomy pouches: If you have a urostomy. Follow the instructions for skin barriers with pre-cut stoma openings. Make sure the tap is closed before applying the pouch.
- ActiveLife closed-end pouches: Filter covers are waterproof and should be used when bathing or swimming to prevent the filter from becoming wet. Remove after use. Use ActiveLife urostomy pouches if you have a urostomy. Follow the instructions for skin barriers with pre-cut stoma openings. Make sure the tap is closed before applying the pouch.
Removal of ConvaTec Skin Barrier
Gently pull the skin barrier down, away from the skin, while supporting the adjacent skin with your other hand.
ActiveLife stoma caps:
Change as needed.
Tips of ConvaTec Durahesive Skin Barrier
- For flush or retracted stomas, convex products are recommended to increase wear time.
- Remember to empty your pouch when it is one-third full.
- The use of soap or cleansers in the pouch is not recommended. If desired, rinse only with tepid water