Comfort Cool Thumb CMC Abduction Orthosis Features
- Comfortable splint provides direct support for the thumb CMC joint while allowing full finger function
- CMC joint and the first metacarpal for direct joint support
- Reinforced stitching allows the splint to be trimmed below the thumb
- MP joint Made of thin, 1/16" (1.6mm) perforated neoprene with a terrycloth liner that helps keep skin cool and comfortable
- The same CMC thumb wrap-around orthosis as the Comfort Cool CMC Restriction Splint, but with the addition of a firm, moldable insert inside the thumb strap
- Microwave the thumb strap to soften the thermoplastic insert, and then mold it to fit precisely along the then are eminence crease
When to use Comfort Cool Hand Braces?
This Splint is used in case of-
- Thumb deformities
- Median Nerve Injuries
- Hand Osteoarthritis
What to buy with Comfort Cool Thumb Splint
What are the Indications of a Thumb Splint?
- The pain can develop suddenly in the thumb, wrist, or arm and may even travel up the forearm, depending on the cause of the pain
- They are designed to help with the healing of swollen, weak, and damaged joints and thumbs, along with other conditions as well
- Other treatment includes medication, steroid injections, physical therapy, and, in some cases, surgery might be required
- However, in most cases, these can be costly and may come with side-effects
- Thumb splints, braces, and stabilizers are more cost-effective, and there are no harmful side effects associated with this mode of treatment.
How do you measure your thumb for CMC Thumb Support?
- Use a measuring tape to calculate the wrist size. Place the end of the tape at the crease in your wrist and measure 10cm (4") up the forearm, then mark it.
- Then, at the 10cm mark, measure the circumference around the forearm, the "Forearm" measurement.
- Now, At the widest part of the palm, measure your hand circumference. It is called the "Hand Circumference" measurement.
FAQs About Comfort Cool Thumb CMC Orthosis
1. Is it ideal to wear a thumb brace to bed?
Yes! The thumb brace can be worn while you sleep.
2. How long should I wear a thumb brace?
A thumb splint with a spica will help rest the thumb while the other fingers can work, if only in a limited way. For maximum benefit, you must wear the splint day and night, generally for 4-6 weeks.
3. Will a thumb brace help with thumb pain?
A firm, comfortable thumb brace at night limits motion and enables the thumb joints to rest, reducing pain and inflammation.
4. Does wearing a Comfort Cool Thumb Brace help arthritis?
A thumb brace may help reduce pain resulting from arthritis and other conditions.
Thumb CMC Abduction Orthosis Specifications
MP Circumference (Left and Right)
||6" to 7" (15cm to 18cm)
||6-1/2" to 7-1/4" (17cm to 18cm)
||7" to 8" (18cm to 20cm)
||7-1/4" to 8-1/4" (18cm to 21cm)
||8" to 9" (20cm to 23cm)
||8-1/4 to 9-1/4" (21cm to 24cm)
Comfort Cool Thumb Abduction Orthosis Reviews