Coloplast SpeediCath Catheters Features
- Compact and discreet in size, making it easy to carry in a pocket or bag
- The catheter comes pre-hydrated with sterile saline solution, which reduces the risk of infection and ensures a comfortable insertion process
- It has a hydrophilic coating which means it becomes slippery when it comes into contact with moisture. This provides smooth and gentle insertion without the need for additional lubrication
- Ergonomic design that ensures a comfortable and secure grip during the catheterization process
- Features an intuitive handling system that allows for one-handed insertion and removal, minimizing the risk of contamination
- Easy-open tab that ensures the catheter can be quickly and safely removed from its packaging
- Latex-free reducing the risk of allergic reactions in patients who are sensitive to latex
What is a SpeediCath Catheter used for?
Frequently Bought Together
How to use SpeediCath Compact Catheter?
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Clean the head of your penis properly. Gently pull the foreskin back and wash the head of the penis.
- Open the catheter and grab the white funnel connector and pull the catheter out of the tubing. You may feel a little resistance when pulling the catheter out of the tubing. The catheter is now ready to use. Make sure that the catheter does not touch anything before you insert it into the urethra. If it does, discard the catheter and use a new catheter. A catheter that has been in contact with the sink or your skin may be contaminated and could potentially cause infection
- Hold the penis pointing upwards and towards the stomach, this will ease the insertion of the catheter as the natural s shape of the urethra is changed into a u-shape
- Provide gentle pressure to the head of your penis in order to open up the urethra to help insertion of the catheter it is important that you relax
- Slowly and gently insert the catheter into the urethra. You may feel some resistance when the catheter is passing the prostate and the sphincter, so be gentle
- Insert the catheter until it reaches your bladder and the urine starts to flow then continues for a few centimeters further.
- When the flow stops move a little and straighten yourself up to make sure that the bladder is completely empty
- Withdraw the catheter slowly to ensure that you drain any remaining urine at the base of your bladder
- Once any additional flow of urine has finished, slowly withdraw the remainder of the catheter
- The catheter can then be placed back into the tubing or disposed of directly with a little force you push the catheter into the tubing
- Now close the lid and the tubing is sealed
- Dispose of catheters and tubing in household rubbish. Do not flush it down the toilet
- Wash your hands
Note: Patients are to contact their healthcare professional before performing self-catheterization for the first time and follow instructions carefully
How to clean?
- Wash the catheter with mild soap and water and immerse it in an antiseptic solution
- You can also use a syringe to inject soapy water through it
- Rinse the catheter thoroughly with water
- Keep the catheter folded in a towel for drying it
- Once dry, place the catheter in a clean bag
How often should I use the Coloplast SpeediCath Catheter?
The frequency of use depends on your individual medical needs and the advice of your healthcare provider. Generally, the catheter is used for intermittent catheterization as needed to empty the bladder.
Is the SpeediCath Compact Male Catheter easy to use?
Yes, the catheter is designed for ease of use, with a compact size and ergonomic design that ensures a comfortable and secure grip during the catheterization process. It also features a hydrophilic coating for smooth insertion without the need for additional lubrication.
Is the SpeediCath Catheter sterile?
Yes, the catheter comes pre-hydrated with sterile saline solution and is individually packaged for single-use. This reduces the risk of infection and ensures a hygienic catheterization experience.
Can I travel with this catheter?
Yes, the catheter is compact and discreet in size, making it easy to carry in a pocket or bag. This makes it a convenient option for male patients who are on the go and require intermittent catheterization.
Do I need a prescription to use this?
Yes, the catheter is a medical device that requires a prescription from a healthcare provider.
SpeediCath Compact Catheter Specifications
|Catheter French Size
||12FR, 14FR, 16FR, 18FR