Features of SenSura One-Piece Maxi Standard Transparent Ostomy Bag
- This drainable pouch has soft cloth on the back and front
- Coloplast Sensura One-Piece system has two layers, designed to deliver the security needed to live every day with confidence:
- Protection layer protects the skin from stoma output
- Skin care layer keeps skin healthy by absorbing excess moisture
- EasiClose outlet is 1/2" wider than many drainable outlets
- Extra-easy to empty and clean
- Integrated Velcro closure that can be easily tucked away
- SenSura double-layer barrier is permanently attached to the pouch
- To change the pouch, the whole appliance is removed and replaced at once
- Pouch size: 11-1/2" (29cm)/655ml
What to buy with Coloplast SenSura EasiClose 1-Piece Ostomy Pouch
How to use Coloplast SenSura Transparent Ostomy Bag?
- Trace the size and shape of the stoma on the stoma guide
- Cut the hole to fit the size and shape of the stoma
- To reduce the risk of leakage and skin problems, it is very important that the hole in the adhesive fits perfectly around the stoma
- Cutting is easier if you use a curved pair of scissors.
- Ensure that the skin is clean and dry before you proceed with the application of your pouch.
- Removal of protective film:
- Place the thumb on the white tab
- Pull the blue/turquoise release tab away to remove the protective film.
- Apply the adhesive around the stoma
- To ensure perfect fit, fold the pouch backwards, align the adhesive around the stoma & press it firmly onto the skin.
- Start at the bottom and smooth it upwards with your fingers.
- Pull down the white removal tab to loosen the adhesive from the skin
- Gently remove the adhesive by rolling it step by step downwards
- Apply light pressure on your skin with your other hand
How to use EasiClose Outlet on Open Pouches?
Note - Close the outlet before use
- Place the pouch on a table or a flat area so the adhesive is downwards. Bend the lower, small plate over the upper, large plate
- Fold the outlet twice – until you see the velour plate
- Seal the outlet by folding the hook (Velcro) ears onto the velour plate and press firmly
- Opening of the pouch - Take hold of the end of the hook (Velcro) ears. Lift both hooks (Velcro) ears off the velour plate. Unfold the outlet in the position where you want to empty the pouch.
- Emptying of the pouch - Allow the contents to run out while you control the emptying with your fingers.
- Cleaning of the outlet - Use a tissue or dry wipe to clean the outlet in one sliding movement away from your body.
- Fold the small plate backward so that only the large plate is visible. You can now clean the edge. The outlet is now cleaned and ready to be closed again.
Reuse of this single-use product may create a potential risk to the user. Reprocessing, cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization may compromise product characteristics which in turn create an additional risk of physical harm to or infection of the patient.
Please seek advice from your stoma care nurse or doctor before using Convex Light products.