GlucanPro 3000 Oat Beta-Glucan Occulsive Cream Features
- Burn and wound cream made with oat beta-glucan that forms an occlusive barrier over the site to hold moisture and limit heat loss
- Ointment holds moisture to help the body heal, and decrease pain and scarring
- The consistency of GlucanPro 3000 provides coverage that remains in place, making it effective for hard to cover areas and post-resurfacing procedures
- Provides a moist healing environment with the associated benefits of Beta-Glucan
- Research has shown Beta-Glucan to be an exceptional biological response modifier, which stimulates the macrophage activity and promotes rapid wound healing.
What are ingredients of Glucanpro 3000?
Main Ingredient of Glucanpro 3000 is Oat Beta-Glucan. It contains paraffin wax and other active ingredients mainly oat beta-glucan, an oat derivative that is currently indicated for the management of superficial abrasions, scrapes, and cuts.
- Oat Beta-Glucan, a complex carbohydrate technology derived from the cell wall of oats, has been considered by researchers to have exceptional biologic properties which provide an optimal wound healing environment
When to use this occulsive ointment?
- Partial Thickness Burns
- Facial Burns
- Donor Sites
- Outpatient Burn Management
- Hard to Cover Areas
- Skin Resurfacing Procedures
- Skin Ulcerations
Frequently Bought Together
How to apply GlucanPro Cream?
- Clean the affected area according to the standard clinical practice
- Apply GlucanPro 3000 liberally to the affected area
- For best results apply as soon as possible post-injury
- If desired, cover with a non-stick bandage, wrap or place a bulky dressing over the affected area
- GlucanPro 3000 should be applied 1-3 times daily until re-epithialization has occurred
- At this time a less occlusive cream such as GlucanPro Cream may be used
- For external use only
- Avoid contact with the eyes
- Intended for single patient, multiple uses
- If the condition worsens or if a user experiences any undesired effects, stop using GlucanPro 3000 and consult physician
- Do not use GlucanPro 3000 if a user is sensitive to any of its ingredients
- Do not use this medicine if the user has had an allergic reaction to this product
- If the wound does not improve or there are any signs of infection, call health care provider
- Signs of infection may include: increase in redness, swelling, pain, drainage from the wound, fever, or chills
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Glucan Pro 3000 used for?
GlucanPro 3000 is an occlusive burn and wound cream containing the highly advanced carbohydrate Oat Beta-glucan. It is used for facial burns or other hard to cover areas and post-resurfacing procedures.
What does beta-glucan do to skin?
Stemming from Beta-Glucan's power to protect the skin's barrier, Beta-Glucans can help prevent cell damage and help to soothe redness and irritation.
Can oat beta glucan occlusive ointments be used on all skin types?
While occlusive ointments can be helpful for people with dry, sensitive, or eczema-prone skin, it's always a good idea to check with a dermatologist before using a new skincare product, especially if you have a pre-existing skin condition or are prone to allergies.