Breg Polar Care Cube Features
- Provides motorized cold treatment for 6 to 8 hours
- High flow rate results in even pad temperature
- Strong pump for optimal durability
- Lightweight, compact and easy to use
- Multi-use pad can be used on various core body parts
- When using a wrap on a pad, the blue side is kept up
- Elastic straps are used to hold the pad in place
- Classified by the FDA as Class II Medical Devices
- Very reliable with proper setup and maintenance
When to use Polar Cold Therapy System?
- Post Operative
- Arthroscopic procedures
- Reconstructive Procedures
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Post Trauma
- Chronic Pain
- Physical Therapy
What to buy with Breg Ice Machine
How to use the Breg Polar Care Cube?
Setting up Breg Cold Therapy
- To Refill:
- Unlock the handle and remove lid
- Fill with cold water to line, then ice to line
- Replace lid and lock with handle in upright position
Coupler Connections in Cold Therapy System
- To Connect Unit to Pad:
- Push down on the two metal tabs
- Push connectors together until metal tabs pop up
Operation of Breg Polar Care Cube
- To Turn on/off:
- Plug power supply into wall and receptacle on lid
- Operation begins automatically with power
- Unplug power supply to turn off
- To Refill:
- Turn off. Press down on two metal tabs to disconnect unit and cold therapy pad
- Remove lid and place upside down on a flat surface
- Drain and follow fill instructions
Check Skin under WrapOn Pads
Inspect the patient skin under the pad as prescribed typically every one to two hours. You should be able to inspect the skin by lifting the pad and insulation barrier.
Cold Therapy End Session
To stop the pump, disconnect electrical power and remove pad
Breg Polar Care Unit FAQ's
How to clean Polar Cube Ice Machine?
- After use, empty and dry the unit with a soft cloth
- Warm water and mild detergent may be used occasionally to clean the pump and tubes
How long to use Polar Care Device?
Use for 30 mintues or as needed for pain control. Inspect skin under pad evry 1 to 2 hours
How to drain a Polar Care Cube?
To drain the pad, hold the Cold Therapy Pad upright with the hose pointed toward the ground. Depress the black plunger and allow water to drain out of the pad.
Note: It is recommended to drain the Breg Cold Therapy Pad between uses
Tips for using Polar Care Unit
- Use cubed or chunked ice for optimal performance
- You may disconnect the Cold Therapy Pad from the unit without removing the pad from the affected area by depressing the silver tabs on the hose coupling and gently pulling the hoses apart. Breg Cold Therapy System and Pad will seal itself and will not leak.
Note: Some dripping during release is normal
- Do not run pump without water. The pump in this unit is designed to run with water.
- Running the unit without water will cause permanent damage to the pump
- Unplug unit before removing lid
PolarCare Cube Cold Therapy System User Manuals
Contraindications of Breg Polar Care Unit
- History of cold injury, frostbite, or adverse reactions to local cold application
- Patients who are incoherent due to general anesthesia, sedation or coma
- Application areas with compromised local circulation or potential wound healing problems, including localized compromise due to multiple surgical procedures
- Circulatory syndromes, including Raynaud disease, Buerger disease, peripheral vascular disease, vasospastic disorders, sickle cell anemia and hypercoagulable clotting disorders
- Local tissue infection
- Hand/wrist or feet/ankle surgery with polyneuropathy
- Diabetic Polyneuropathy
Breg Polar Care Cube System Warranty
6 months warranty
Polar Care Cube Ice Therapy System Reviews