Breg Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy System Features
- Breg polar care cube shoulder pad is lightweight, compact and easy to use
- High flow rate results in even pad temperature
- Polar System (cold therapy machine) has strong pump for optimal durability
- Polar care cube shoulder pad provides motorized cold treatment for 6 – 8 hours
- When using a wrap on pad, blue side is kept up
- Elastic straps are used to hold the pad in place
- Ice machine shoulder wrap is very reliable with proper setup and maintenance
- Classified by the FDA as Class II Medical Devices
Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy System User Manual
Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy System_Instructional Manual
How to Operate Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy System?
How to use Cube Cold Therapy System?
Setting up Polar Care Cube
- To refill:
- Unlock handle and remove lid
- Fill with cold water to line, then ice to line
- Replace lid and lock with handle in upright position
Coupler Connections in Cold Therapy System
- To Connect Unit to Pad:
- Push down on the two metal tabs
- Push connectors together until metal tabs pop up
Operation of Breg Polar Care Cube
- To Turn on/off:
- Plug power supply into wall and receptacle on lid
- Operation begins automatically with power
- Unplug power supply to turn off
- To Refill:
a. Turn off.
b. Press down on two metal tabs to disconnect unit and cold therapy pad.
c. Remove lid and place upside down on a flat surface.
d. Drain and follow fill instructions.
Check Skin under WrapOn Pads
Inspect the patient skin under the pad as prescribed, typically every one to two hours. You should be able to inspect the skin by lifting the pad and insulation barrier.
Cold Therapy End Session
To stop the pump, disconnect the electrical power and remove the pad.
What to buy with Breg Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy System?
How to clean Breg Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy System?
- After use, empty and dry the unit with a soft cloth
- Warm water and mild detergent may be used occasionally to clean the pump and tubes
How to use Breg Cold Therapy System?
- Use cubed or chunked ice for optimal performance.
- It is recommended to drain the Cold Therapy Pad between uses. To drain the pad, hold the Cold Therapy Pad upright with the hose pointed toward the ground. Depress the black plunger and allow water to drain out of the pad.
- You may disconnect the breg polar care cube shoulder wrap from the unit without removing the pad from the affected area by depressing the silver tabs on the hose coupling and gently pulling the hoses apart. Breg Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy Pad and unit will seal itself and will not leak.
Note: Some dripping during release is normal.
- Do not run the pump without water. The pump in this unit is designed to run with water.
- Running the unit without water will cause permanent damage to the pump.
- Unplug unit before removing lid
- History of cold injury, frostbite, or adverse reactions to local cold application
- Patients who are incoherent due to general anaesthesia, sedation, or coma
- Application areas with compromised local circulation or potential wound healing problems, including localized compromise due to multiple surgical procedures
- Circulatory syndromes, including Raynaud disease, Buerger disease, peripheral vascular disease, vasospastic disorders, sickle cell anaemia, and hypercoagulable clotting disorders
- Local tissue infection
- Hand/wrist or feet/ankle surgery with polyneuropathy
- Diabetic Polyneuropathy