Mens Liberty External Catheter Features
- Reduces the chance of infection from indwelling catheters
- The Liberty Acute catheter, unlike condom catheters, prevents leaking and skin disintegration
- Its seven-petal faceplate and faceplate strip are easy to apply and form an occlusive seal around the urinary meatus for leak protection
- The design is comfortable for most men and may be worn with retracted, circumcised, or uncircumcised anatomies
- The first application should last 6-12 hours, and the second should last 24-48 hours
- This catheter is fully external and is designed to be non-invasive
- Reduce the irritation caused by traditional adhesives and sensitivities to latex
- A - Faceplate: Seven-petal faceplate made of gentle hydrocolloid adheres directly to anatomy preventing leakage
- B - Vent: Gravitational vent allows air, ushering urine away from the skin to prevent pooling and skin breakdown
- C - The Tube connects to any leg or bedside bag. One size fits most incontinent patients
- D - Faceplate strip is a hydrocolloid faceplate seal that provides a second layer of leak protection
What to buy with an External Catheter
How to use Men's Liberty Catheters?
Step 1: Wash and Dry Always begin with a clean and dry penis. Keep the foreskin back completely throughout the application. To begin, wipe the head of the penis with the alcohol wipe and allow it to dry
Step 2: Pre-Application Prep Wipe the head of the penis with a BioPlus+TM wipe. Allow 15-20 seconds to dry until the skin is no longer tacky.
Step 3: Positioning and Application Remove release papers around the petals and attach the faceplate to the tip of the penis with the center opening directly in line with the urinary opening. Smooth down petals of Men's Liberty Acute External Catheter.
Step 4: Secure and Seal Apply the faceplate strip around the head of the penis, flat and wrinkle-free. Be sure the adhesive material is pressed into all of the ridges and grooves in the skin. Press and hold for 10-15 seconds to secure the seal.
Step 5: Connect to Leg or Bedbag Connect to Leg or Bedside Bag, and be sure to keep it below the bladder or bed to ensure drainage. Do not twist or kink the tube.
What are the Application Tips?
- Ensure the patient’s anatomy is completely dry before applying Men’s Liberty Acute External Catheter.
- Do Not use any cleansing wipes, moisturizing creams, lotions, or oils on the penis prior to application.
- Do Not use other products between Men’s Liberty Acute applications (i.e., cleansing or chlorhexidine wipes). Excess skin moisture caused by other incontinence products will interfere with Men’s Liberty Acute’s seal, shortening wear time.
- Do Not connect to suction.
Absolute (When the product should not be used at all)
- Demonstrated sensitivity to hydrocolloid (rare)
- Anatomic abnormality (severe acquired hypospadias, urethral fistula, penile shaft erosions)
Relative (When the product can be used after healing)
- The unhealed wound at the application site (wait to heal)
- Active rash at the application site (wait to heal)
- Active inflammation or infection of the glans, prepuce, or urethra (wait to heal)
- Purulent or bloody urethral discharge (wait to heal)
What Can be the Wear Time of an External Male Catheter?
- The first application for each patient will last shorter than the subsequent product applications.
- You can expect the first application to last 6-12 hours and subsequent applications to last 24-48 hrs
- This is due to the hydrocolloid material that absorbs underlying moisture in the skin.
Note: The product is not reusable and could cause the product to malfunction or risk infection if reused. Once removed, dispose of it in a trash can.
How to Remove It?
- Remove and replace men's liberty acute catheter when the adhesive turns a white color, when it is loose, or when it has been soiled.
- We recommend using an adhesive remover to remove Men’s Liberty Acute.
- You can also use warm water for removal by soaking the petals or wrapping a washcloth around the device until the hydrocolloid turns milky white and rolls gently from the skin.