Features of Bard 350mL Urine Meter with 2500mL Drainage Bag
- The collection chamber of the urine meter has clear measurement markings that allow healthcare professionals to easily and accurately measure urine output
- The urine meter is connected to a drainage bag, which collects the urine and can be emptied as needed
- It has an anti-reflux valve that prevents urine from flowing back into the patient's bladder, reducing the risk of infection
- A sampling port that allows healthcare professionals to easily access the urine for testing purposes
- The urine meter and drainage bag come in sterile packaging, which helps reduce the risk of infection during use
When to use Bard Urinary Drainage Bags?
- After surgery: Patients who undergo certain types of surgery may require the use of this to accurately measure their urine output during the recovery process.
- In critical care: Patients in critical care may require a urine meter to accurately monitor their urine output and manage their fluid balance.
- In cases of urinary retention: Patients with urinary retention, which can be caused by a variety of medical conditions, may require the use of this urinary bag to empty their bladder and accurately measure their urine output.
- During certain medical procedures: Some medical procedures, such as urological surgeries or diagnostic tests, may require the use of a urinary catheter and urine meter to accurately measure urine output and manage urinary drainage.
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Bard Urine Meter Drainage Bag?
- Prepare the patient: The patient should be positioned comfortably with their legs apart. The area around the urinary opening should be cleaned with an antiseptic solution.
- Insert the urinary catheter: The urinary catheter should be inserted according to the instructions provided and secured in place with tape or other appropriate devices.
- Connect the urine meter: The collection chamber of the Bard Urine Meter should be connected to the urinary catheter tubing, making sure that all connections are secure.
- Position the drainage bag: The drainage bag should be positioned at a level lower than the patient's bladder to allow for proper drainage.
- Prime the system: The urine meter should be primed by opening the clamp on the urinary catheter tubing and allowing urine to flow into the collection chamber until it reaches the appropriate measurement markings.
- Secure the drainage bag: The drainage bag should be secured in place and the anti-reflux valve should be checked to ensure proper function.
- Monitor urine output: Healthcare professionals should monitor the urine output at regular intervals and record the volume on the patient's medical chart.
- Empty the drainage bag: The drainage bag should be emptied as needed and the urine should be disposed of according to medical waste guidelines.
Tips for using this Drainage Bag:
- Keep the drainage bag lower than the catheter and the patient’s bladder.
- Never allow the tubing to loop or kink.
- Position the drainage bag at the foot of the bed.
- Hold the spine and lift meter to facilitate emptying.
Bard 350ml Urine Meter Drainage Bag User Guides
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it easy to use a Bard Urine Meter with a Drainage Bag?
Yes, the Bard Urine Meter with Drainage Bag is designed to be easy to set up and use. However, it should only be used by healthcare professionals who are trained in urinary catheterization and urine measurement.
How often should the drainage bag be emptied?
The drainage bag should be emptied regularly, depending on the volume of urine output. Healthcare professionals should monitor the urine output and empty the drainage bag as needed, typically at least once every 8 hours or more frequently if necessary.
Is this Drainage Bag sterile?
Yes, the Bard Urine Meter with Drainage Bag comes in sterile packaging to reduce the risk of infection during use.
What is an anti-reflux valve and why is it important?
An anti-reflux valve is a device that prevents urine from flowing back into the patient's bladder, reducing the risk of infection. It is an important feature of the drainage bag used with the Bard Urine Meter.
Can the Bard Urine Meter Drainage Bag be reused?
No, It is a single-use device and should not be reused. Healthcare professionals should dispose of the device according to medical waste guidelines after use.
Bard Urine Meter Drainage Bag Specifications
|Drain Tube Type
||60 Inch Inlet Tube
|Sample Port Type
||2000 mL, 2500 mL
|Latex Free Indicator
||Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex