Two-Way Infection Control Foley Catheter Features
- Bard Bardex Two-Way I.C. Infection Control Latex Foley Catheter With 30cc Balloon Capacity preserves the integrity of the urethral mucosa
- Occurrence of urinary tract infection is 3-2/3 times greater in patients catheterized with a standard catheter than in patients catheterized with the Bardex I.C. Foley catheter with Bacti-Guard silver alloy coating and Bard hydrogel
- Allows atraumatic insertion for enhanced patient comfort
- Hydrogel coating maintains its integrity throughout the course of use, resulting in less trauma upon removal
Bardex Infection Control Foley Catheter User Manual
What to buy with Bardex 2-Way Foley Catheters
Indications to use Bard I.C. Indwelling Catheter
It is indicated for use in the drainage and/or the collection and/or measurement of urine. Generally, drainage is accomplished by inserting the catheter through the urethra and into the bladder. However, drainage is sometimes accomplished by suprapubic or other placement of the catheter, such as nephrostomy tract. For urological use only.
Directions to use Bardex Foley Catheter
- Visually inspect the product for any imperfections or surface deterioration prior to use. If package is opened or if any imperfection or surface deterioration is observed, do not use.
- Using proper aseptic methods, remove catheter from package
- Prepare patient per hospital/nursing recommended procedure
- Proceed with catheterization using standard techniques
- Inflate the balloon with sterile water to the volume stated on the inflation lumen of the catheter by using a water-filled Luer tip syringe
- Connect catheter to collection container
- To deflate the balloon, gently reinsert the Luer tip syringe into the valve and aspirate
To deflate catheter balloon:
- Gently insert a Luer slip tip syringe in the catheter valve. Never use more force than is required to make the syringe “stick” in the valve.
- Allow the pressure in the balloon to force the plunger back and fill the syringe with water. If you notice slow or no deflation, re-seat the syringe gently.
- Use only gentle aspiration to encourage deflation if needed.
- Vigorous aspiration may collapse the inflation lumen, preventing balloon deflation. If permitted by hospital protocol, the valve arm may be severed. If this fails, contact adequately trained professional for assistance, as directed by hospital protocol.
- Should balloon rupture occur, care should be taken to assure that all balloon fragments have been removed from the patient
Storage: Store catheters at room temperature away from direct exposure to light, preferably in the original box
- This product contains natural rubber latex that may cause allergic reactions
- Sterile unless package is opened or damaged
- Do not use if package is damaged
- Recommended indwelling time not to exceed 28 days
- Do not aspirate urine through drainage funnel
- On catheter, do not use ointments or lubricants having a petrolatum base. They will damage latex and may cause balloon to burst.
- After use, this product may be a potential biohazard. Handle and dispose of in accordance with accepted medical practice and applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Visually inspect the product for any imperfections or surface deterioration prior to use. Use Luer tip syringe to inflate with stated mL of sterile water OR for pre-filled products, remove clip and squeeze reservoir to inflate with stated mL of sterile water.
- Store catheters at room temperature away from direct exposure to light, preferably in the original box
Bard I.C. Indwelling Catheter Specifications
|Catheter Tip Length
|Catheter French Size
|Ballon Size (CC)
Bardex 30cc Balloon Foley Catheter Reviews