Atos Medical Provox Xtraflow HME Features
- Helps make it easier to breathe
- Use it during the day when you are physically active
- If you have a voice prosthesis, simply press the HME to speak
- The top lid can be pushed down with a finger to close the cassette and redirect air through the voice prosthesis to enable speech
Provox Extra Flow HME user manual
What to buy with Provox XtraFlow HME
How to use Provox Extra Flow HME?
Step 1 - Insert the Provox XtraHME Cassette into the connector of the attachment device (Fig. 1 or 2). Breathe normally.
Step 2 - To speak, press the top lid of the Provox XtraHME Cassette down with a finger
Step 3 - To remove the Provox XtraHME Cassette, hold the attachment device in place with two fingers and remove the HME Cassette from the holder
- Always release the lid completely at inhalation to avoid increased breathing resistance.
Provox Xtra HME Lifetime and Disposal
- The HME is for single use and must be replaced at least every 24 hours, or more often if needed.
- Always follow medical practice and national requirements regarding biohazard when disposing of a used medical device.
Precautions to take while using Provox HME System
- Always test the function of the Provox XtraHME Cassette prior to use. The top lid should immediately return to its open position after releasing the finger.
- Do not disassemble the Provox XtraHME Cassette since this will interfere with its proper function.
- Do not reuse the Provox XtraHME Cassette or attempt to rinse it with water or any other substance. This will substantially reduce the function of the HME. Additionally the risk of potential infections may increase due to bacterial colonization of the foam.
- Do not use the Provox XtraHME Cassette longer than 24 hours. The risk of potential infections may increase with the time of use due to bacterial colonization of the foam.
- Do not administer medicated nebulizer treatment over the device since the medication can become deposited in the device.
- Do not use humidifiers or heated humidified oxygen via a mask over the tracheostoma while using the device. The HME will become too wet. If oxygen therapy is required, use only non-heated humidified oxygen.
Atos 7291 XtraFlow HME Reviews