Amerigel Hydrogel Wound Ointment Features
- Amerigel Wound Ointment promotes natural wound healing for cuts, scrapes, and wounds.
- Ease of application and use of Amerigel ointment increases patient compliance
- Hydrating base provides necessary moisture to assist the body in creating an optimum wound healing environment
- Requires fewer dressing changes when providing a moist wound environment for extended time periods
- Safe for patients with known allergies to common topical triple antibiotics
- Amerigel wound dressing does not evaporate or cause maceration
- Increases patient satisfaction
- Promotes wound contracture
- Approved by APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association)
- FDA approved
How Does Amerigel Work?
PEG liquefies at body temperature for better migration across all wound surfaces. It addresses wound tunneling and undermines without the need for packing. Zinc works together with the hydrating base to prevent scabs from forming. Scabs can delay the healing process and lead to scarring.
When to use Amerigel Wound Dressing?
AmeriGel Hydrogel Wound Dressing is indicated for the following uses:
- Cuts and abrasions
- Meadowsweet Extract
- Zinc Acetate
What to buy with Amerigel Hydrogel Dressing?
How to use Amerigel Wound Dressing?
Wound Care Tips:
- For the first week, change the dressing twice a day. Thereafter change the dressing once a day.
- If the gauze sticks to the wound, saturate it with Amerigel Wound Wash until it comes off without pulling on the wound.
- Increased drainage may occur and the wound may appear to get deeper with the first few applications. This is a good sign as long as they both happen together.
- Wounds generally heal from the inside out, becoming shallower, allowing the surrounding skin to close over the wound.
- Place gauze to cover the entire wound bed and saturate it with Wound Wash.
- Pick up the gauze with your fingers or tweezers and dab the wound for 1-2 minutes.
- Discard the gauze and then squirt the Wound Wash directly into the wound bed to rinse out any loose matter.
- Blot the wound dry with a clean piece of gauze.
- The wound is now cleansed and ready for application of AmeriGel Hydrogel Wound Dressing.
Applying Amerigel Ointment:
- After the wound has been cleansed, apply a thin coat of AmeriGel Hydrogel Wound Dressing.
- It should be applied to the wound and surrounding skin, about one-half inch beyond the wound.
Dressing the Wound:
- Moisten a gauze with Amerigel Wound Wash.
- It should be similar in dampness to a washcloth that you would wash your face with, not dripping wet, but not wrung dry.
- Place this dampened gauze over the wound that has just been coated with AmeriGel Hydrogel Wound Dressing.
- Next, place a dry piece of gauze on top of the damp one.
- This will help provide a moist environment for the wound and additional gauze to absorb any drainage.
- Secure into place with tape or roll gauze.
Precautions to take while using Amerigel Hydrogel Dressing
- For external use only
- Do not use if there is a known allergy or sensitivity to oak or any other ingredient
- Avoid contact with the eyes
- Do not use on children under 2 years of age without consulting a physician
Amerigel Wound Dressing User Guide
Amerigel A2001 Dressings Reviews