Benefits of Allevyn Life Sacrum Foam Dressing
- Smith and Nephew ALLEVYN Life Sacrum dressing is a multi-layered dressing that incorporates hydrocellular foam, hyper-absorber lock away core and masking layer which has been designed for people and their everyday life through
- The Unique quadrilobe shape with a wide border is designed to fit the contours of the human body more securely and allows patients to shower with the dressing in place
- The protective masking layer of Allevyn Life Sacrum Dressing minimises the visual impact of strikethrough, providing the patient with confidence that their dressing may not attract the negative attention of others.
- Smith and Nephew Allevyn Composite Dressing demonstrates excellent fluid locking under pressure
- Provides the patient with peace of mind leakage prevention
- Common wound odour absorption when tested on representative compounds
- Silicone wound contact layer offers minimal pain and discomfort on removal while allowing the dressing to be repositioned
- Change indicator optimises dressing change frequency and minimises wastage
When to Use Allevyn Life Sacrum Foam Dressing?
- Shallow, granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full and partial thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites
- Skin tears
- Fungating ulcers
Allevyn Life Sacrum may be used on infected wounds. Where the product is used on infected wounds, the wounds should be treated as per local clinical protocol.
Patient Concerns Regarding Wound Care Dressings
- Leakage, visible strikethrough and odour can be embarrassing and stigmatising
- Poor cushioning from knocks and bumps can cause fear and pain
- Dressings that don’t stay in place and fall off are highly frustrating
- Frequent dressing changes and slow wound healing cause anxiety
Allevyn Life Sacrum Dressing Application Technique
Allevyn Life Sacrum User Manual
What to buy with Allevyn Life Sacrum Foam Dressing
How does Allevyn Life Sacrum Dressing Works?
This inspired the development of Allevyn Life Sacrum which is a multi-layered dressing incorporating hydrocellular foam, hyper-absorbent lock away core and masking layer designed specifically for people and their everyday life.
- The masking layer minimizes the visual impact of strike-through, providing the patient with confidence that their dressing may not attract the negative attention of others.
- It acts as a change indicator which optimizes dressing change frequency and minimizes wastage.
- The Lock-away layer providing patient peace of mind. The hyper-absorbent lock away core provides excellent fluid locking under pressure, absorbs common wound odors when tested on representative compounds and provides the patient with peace of mind leakage prevention.
- Cushioning Layer provides maximum protection
- Allevyn Life Sacrum dressings have multi-layered design (hydrocellular foam, hyper-absorbent lock away core and masking layer) that provides cushioning and helps to spread pressure so the patients can feel comforted that they are cushioned against everyday trauma.
How to apply Allevyn Life Sacrum Dressing?
- Cleanse the wound in accordance with local clinical protocol.
- Select an appropriate dressing size.
- Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area and remove excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound.
- Using a clean technique remove one of the protector films from Allevyn Life Sacrum and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin. Smooth the dressing over the wound ensuring there are no creases. When positioning Allevyn Life Sacrum dressings, place the narrow end of the dressing a minimum of 2cm (3/4in.) above the anal sphincter, then smooth the dressing over the sacrum.
- Remove the remaining protector film and smooth the dressing over the remainder of the wound without stretching, ensuring no creases. Only the pad area of the dressing must be adhered across the entire surface of the wound.
- Allevyn Life Sacrum can be used to dress awkward areas such as elbows; the dressing corner lobes can be overlapped when positioning the dressing, ensuring no creasing or stretching occurs.
Changing Frequency of Allevyn Life Sacrum Silicone Gel Adhesive Dressing
- Dressings can be left in place undisturbed for up to 7 days, except the sacral area where dressings can be left in place for up to 5 days, depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin, or until exudate covers more than 50% of the absorbent pad outside of the central screen.
- The above is guidance and the decision of when to change should be dependent upon clinical assessment and local protocols should also be taken into consideration.
- If dressings are applied to the sacral area, due to the increased potential for contamination and infection in this area, increased monitoring of dressing adherence may be required as per local clinical protocols
How to Remove Allevyn Life Sacrum Hydrocellular Foam Dressing?
To remove Allevyn Life, lift the edge of the dressing and slowly peel back until completely removed from the wound. Allevyn Life Sacrum should be removed from the top edge down towards the anus to minimize the potential for fecal contamination
Allevyn Life Sacrum Dressing Specifications
|Code||Size (inch)||Size (cm)||Pad Size|
|66801306||6.75" x 6.87"||17.2cm x 17.5cm||4-7/8" x 3-5/16" (8.5cm x 12.4cm)|
|66801307||8.5" x 9"||21.6cm x 23cm||6-3/4" x 4-13/16" (12.3cm x 17cm)|
Allevyn Life Sacrum Reviews