Why choose Allevyn Life Heel Foam Dressing?
- Multi-Layer Design
- Allevyn Dressings with multi-layered design incorporates silicone adhesive, hydrocellular foam, hyper-absorber lock away the core, protective masking layer and breathing film.
- Designed to redistribute pressure, these dressings are a cost-effective solution to complement the pressure ulcer prevention program.
- Silicone wound contact layer helps minimize trauma to the wound and pain to the patient during dressing changes and also allows the dressing to be repositioned.
- Pressure Redistribution
- The unique multi-layer design helps redistribute pressure more evenly than traditional foam dressings.
- In addition, the quadrilobed shape with wide border helps ensure that the dressing stays in place.
Benefits of Allevyn Life Dressing
- Discretion Layer for Patient Confidence:
Discretion minimizes the visual impact of strikethrough, giving patients the confidence that the dressing may not attract the negative attention of others. Masking layer acts as a change indicator that optimizes dressing change frequency and minimizes waste.
- Lock-away Layer Providing Peace of Mind:
Allevyn Life dressing has a hyper-absorbent lock away core that provides excellent fluid locking under pressure. It absorbs common wound odors when tested on the representative compounds and provides the patient with peace of mind from leakage prevention.
- Cushioning Layer for Maximum Protection:
Multi-layered design (hydrocellular foam, hyper-absorbent lock away core and masking layer) provides cushioning and helps to redistribute pressure. Patients feel comfortable as they are cushioned against everyday trauma.
When to Use Allevyn Heel Foam Dressing?
- Shallow, granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full- and partial-thickness wounds
- Pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, and diabetic foot ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second-degree burns
- Donor sites
- Skin tears
- Fungating ulcers
Allevyn Life Heel Foam Dressing User Manual
What to buy with Allevyn Foam Dressing
About Allevyn Life Foam Dressing
The next generation of silicone foam dressings was designed following a global patient ethnographic study.
What led to the innovation of Allevyn Life Dressing?
- Leakage, visible strikethrough and odor can be embarrassing and stigmatizing
- Poor cushioning from knocks and bumps can cause fear and pain
- Dressings that do not stay in place and fall off are highly frustrating
- Frequent dressing changes and slow wound healing cause anxiety
This inspired the development of Allevyn Life, which is a multi-layered dressing incorporating hydrocellular foam, a hyper-absorbent lock away core and a masking layer designed specifically for people and their everyday life.
What is Allevyn?
Complete wound care means far more than just physical healing, particularly to patients living with their wounds 24/7. Allevyn is the dressing that has stood by it and worked backward from the human body, transpiring just the right amount to keep each wound at the optimum moisture levels. 96% of patients assessed Allevyn Life as a comfortable dressing during wear.
How long can Allevyn stay on?
- In-vitro studies and clinical experience demonstrate that Allevyn Life dressings can stay in place for up to seven days.
- This capacity results from a combination of properties.
- The perforated wound contact layer allows even viscous exudate to pass into the dressing.
How to Apply Allevyn Life Foam Dressing?
- Cleanse the wound in accordance with local clinical protocols.
- Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area and remove excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound.
- Using a clean technique remove the central protector film from ALLEVYN Life Heel and position the heel onto the dressing, with the upper (malleolus) lobes at right angles to leg.
- Remove protector film from one of the upper lobes and fold upper lobe onto malleolus and secure in place.
- Smooth the dressing over the wound ensuring there are no creases.
- Repeat with the other upper lobe.
- Remove the remaining protector film from the lower lobes without stretching ensuring there are no creases and fold heel flap lip and ensure pad edge aligns with upper lobe pad edge.
- Secure lower lobe tab is in place and repeat process.
- Allevyn Life Heel can be left in place for up to 7 days, depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin, or until exudate covers more than 50% of the absorbent pad outside of the central screen.
- During the early stages of wound management, ALLEVYN Life Heel should be inspected according to local clinical protocol and when used on infected wounds, the infection should be inspected and treated as per local clinical protocol.
When to Change Allevyn Foam Dressing?
No need to change
No need to change
- Dressings can be left in place for up to 7 days, except the sacral area.
- Dressings in the sacral area can be left in place for up to 5 days, depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin, or until exudate covers more than 50% of the absorbent pad outside of the central screen.
- The above is guidance and the decision of when to change should follow local clinical protocols.
- Due to the increased potential for contamination and infection in the sacral area, increased monitoring of dressing adherence may be required as per local clinical protocols.
Allevyn Life Foam Dressing Removal
- To remove the dressing, lift the edge of the dressing and slowly peel back until completely removed from the wound.
Allevyn Life Dressing FAQ's
Is Allevyn Foam Dressing showerproof?
Yes, it is showerproof.
Does Allevyn Life Heel Foam Dressing have any odour?
No the dressing does not have a smell. The dressing absorbs common wound odours, when tested in-vitro on representative compounds so they are retained within the dressing.
How should I remove Allevyn Dressing?
To remove Allevyn Life, lift the edge of the dressing and slowly peel back until completely removed from the wound.
Allevyn Heel Dressing Reviews