Features of Sentinel Enteral Feeding Pump
- Has a bright dual display that shows the infusion rate and volume delivered simultaneously
- Ensures reliable delivery while helping to minimize false alarms
- Advanced software retains pump history until manually erased, even in power failures and when the pump is turned of
- Unique rotor shape helps indicate pump operation from a reasonable distance
- This enteral pump has easily recognizable audible and visual alarms
- Easy and convenient transport
What to buy with Feeding Pumps
Also available (separately)
How to use Sentinel Feeding Pump?
- Turning The Pump On
Press the Green On button. The alarm sounds brief and displays a flash of all 8's
- Set Infusion Rate
Press the UP or DOWN button until desired infusion rate is displayed
- Set Dose Limit
To set the dose limit, press SET then press UP or DOWN until the desired dose is displayed. Note - If the dose limit is not set (display = 0), the pump will run until the container is empty or the pump is stopped
- Begin Feeding
Open the roller clamp, and press RUN/STOP to begin feeding
- Changing the Infusion Rate
- To change the infusion rate, press RUN/STOP to stop the pump
- Press UP or DOWN to make the necessary adjustment
- Press RUN/STOP to resume
- The infusion rate is retained in the memory
- Note - If UP or DOWN is pressed without stopping the pump, an alarm will sound and the pump will continue running and there will be no change in infusion rate.
- Viewing Total Accumulated Volume
- To view the total accumulated volume delivered, press DOSE CHECK
- Note - If pressed while running, the pump will stop momentarily
- Adjusting Display Brightness
Press/hold UP and SET simultaneously to change bright or dim
- Locking/Unlocking Keypad
To lock/unlock the keypad, while pumping, press/hold UP and DOWN simultaneously
- Turning Pump Off
To turn the pump off at any time, press the red OFF button
- Clearing Pump Setting
- To clear pump settings, press RUN/STOP to stop the pump
- Note - If CLEAR is pressed while the pump is operating, the alarm will sound and the pump will continue operation. Settings will remain unchanged.
- Resetting Volume Delivered
To reset Volume Delivered to 0 - Press and hold CLEAR, the pump beeps once, pauses beeps twice and the volume clears to 0
- Resetting Dose Limit
To reset the Dose Limit to 0 - Press SET then presses and hold CLEAR within 3 seconds. The pump will beep once, pause, beep twice, and display clears to 0
- Resetting the Total Accumulated Volume Delivered
To reset the total accumulated volume delivered to 0 - Press DOSE CHECK, then press and hold CLEAR within 3 seconds. The pump will beep once, pause, beep twice, and the display clears to 0
- Clearing Volume Delivered, Dose Limit, and Resetting Infusion rate to 5
To clear Volume Delivered, Dose Limit, and reset Infusion Rate to 5 -Press and hold CLEAR for 7 beeps total (approx. 10 seconds)
How to Clean this Enteral Feeding Pump?
- With warm, soapy, water dampen a cloth or sponge
- Clean the pump housing and rotor
- Clean the drop sensor with soft cotton swabs dipped in isopropyl alcohol
FAQs About Alcor Feeding Pump
1. What is the battery life of this feeding pump?
6 hours minimum at 125 mL/hr.
2. Is there a pause button on the pump?
To pause the pump, simply press the RUN/STOP button and the pump will notify you every 2 ½ minutes that it is not running.
3. Can I infuse water with the Sentinel pump?
Yes. The Sentinel Enteral Feeding Pump is designed to work with all liquid nutrition formulas and water. It has a patented system to recognize fluid drops and to minimize false alarms caused by soiled drip chambers.
4. When a programmed dose limit is reached, how many beeps does the pump alarm signal?
The alarm will signal 4 beeps and the indicator will flash “DOSE COMP. This repeats every 2½ minutes.
Sentinel Enteral Feeding Pump Specifications
||5 to 295ml/hr in 1ml increments
||1 to 2000ml in 1ml increments/2000-9999ml in 5ml increments
||Â± 10% of selected flow rate with ALCOR sets
||Does not exceed 15 psi
||12V, 1.3 AH sealed lead acid
||Continuous while unit is plugged into AC outlet
||Retained without power required
||5.9"H x 7.8"W x 3.5"D
||3.13lb Or 1.42Kg