ADC Adtemp Temple Touch Thermometer Features
- Delivers clinically accurate readings in about 6 seconds
- Reduces the risk of cross-contamination
- The compact design measures just 4.7" x 1.17" x 1" (12.0 cm x 3.0 cm x 2.4 cm ) and weighs 1.3 oz (37g), including batteries
- Avoids the need for costly probe covers
- Ideal for the hospital, clinic, or physician's office
- Auto-off function conserves battery life
- Uses conductive technology
- Last reading memory
- Dual scale (°F/°C)
- Large LCD display
- Uses 2AAA batteries (included)
- Temp range 95°F to 107.6°F +/- 0.2°F (35°C to 42°C +/- 0.1°C)
How does it work?
ADC Adtemp Temple Touch Thermometer uses infrared technology to measure body temperature. When you place the thermometer on your forehead or temple and press the button, it emits an infrared beam that detects the heat radiated from the skin's surface.
This digital thermometer uses an algorithm to convert the infrared radiation measurements into a temperature reading displayed on the thermometer's digital screen. The temperature reading is typically shown in both Celsius and Fahrenheit units.
It is a non-invasive option, as it does not require any contact with bodily fluids. This makes it a hygienic option in healthcare settings and at home.
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Temple Thermometer by ADC?
Use this thermometer on a clean, dry forehead. Wipe away any perspiration and move any hair away from the temporal area.
- Press and release the multifunction button. The display will flash, and you’ll hear a single audible beep. The previous result will display for 2 seconds and then disappear.
- Place the thermometer probe in the center of the temple area between the end of the eyebrow and the hairline. Hold the unit gently but firmly against the temple to ensure good contact with the skin.
- The measurement will start automatically once the thermometer is in place. A running circle will appear, indicating that the measurement is progressing successfully.
- Ensure the thermometer and the patient do not move while the measurement progresses.
- A temperature reading will be displayed within 6-8 seconds. You&rsquo'll hear one long beep when the measurement is complete. The reading will remain displayed for about 1 minute. The unit will turn off automatically in about one minute. To prolong battery life, press the multifunction button to turn it off manually.
Switching Temperature Modes
The default temperature scale is Fahrenheit (°F). To change the scale to °C, or back to °F:
- While off, press and hold the multifunction button for about five seconds. The hourglass icon will display, then the °F or °C will change.
- Release the button.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Wipe the tip and probe with a cotton swab moistened with 70% isopropyl alcohol before and after each use. After cleaning, wait at least 2 minutes before taking a measurement for the unit to re-adjust to room temperature.
- Use only a soft dry cloth to clean the body of the thermometer (if necessary).
- Never use an abrasive cleanser or submerge the thermometer in water or other liquids
ADC Temple Touch Thermometer User Manual
1. How to change ADC thermometer to Fahrenheit?
To change the ADC thermometer from Celsius to Fahrenheit, or vice versa, you can follow these steps:
- Turn on the thermometer by pressing the power button.
- Press and hold the multifunction button for approximately 3 seconds until the display shows either "°C" or "°F".
- Release the button when the desired temperature unit is displayed.
- The thermometer will now display temperature readings in the selected unit.
2. How long does it take to get a temperature reading with ADC Thermometer?
The ADC Temple Touch Thermometer is designed to provide temperature readings quickly, usually within a few seconds.
3. Can this thermometer be used on infants and young children?
Yes, it can be used on infants and young children.
4. What is Temple Touch Thermometer accuracy?
ADC Thermometer is designed to provide accurate temperature readings. However, like all thermometers, its accuracy can be affected by factors such as the user's technique, environmental conditions, and the thermometer's calibration.
ADC Temple Touch Thermometer Specifications
|Feature performance / data
||Measurement time 6-8 seconds
||95°F to 107.6°F (35°C to 42°C)
||60.8°F to 104°F (16° C to 40° C) Humidity: 15-95% (non condensing)
||-4°F to 122°F (-20° C to 50° C) Humidity: 15-95% (non condensing)
||Celsius or Fahrenheit
||Complies with ASTM E 1112-00 standard requirements
||TN LCD 0.63" X 0.44" (16 mm X 11 mm)
||2 AAA 1.5V batteries
||Minimum 1000 full duty cycles over 24 month period
||1.3 oz (37 gr) including batteries
||4.7" x 1.17" x 1" (12 cm x 3.0 cm x 2.4 cm )
||Last-reading display when turned on
|Auto shut off
||After 60 seconds