IntelliDose Drug Delivery System Features
- Fully Self-Contained: Thereby eliminating the need for separate dose controllers, charging stations, and battery packs associated with the most widely used systems
- Contains an Intelligent Biofeedback Microprocessor and SmartPower LED: Allows each patch to communicate with both clinician and patient, ensuring effective drug delivery by accurately measuring skin impedance and operational effectiveness of the patch
- Require No Saline: It does not require saline and provides ease of use in every application as well as preventing over-hydration and/or potential operator error by eliminating the chance of accidentally adding the saline or prescribed medication to the wrong chamber of the iontophoresis patch
- SHUNT technology: It automatically turns off the electrode when the 80 mA minute treatment is complete.
- Not made with natural rubber latex
- Can be removed and reapplied to complete treatment if necessary or used for two treatment sites
- Accurate timing and dosage ± 2% versus other wireless iontophoresis treatments that can be as much as ± 37%
- The patch delivers 40mA*min dose in 1.25 hours, or 80mA*min dose in 2.5 hours
Note: Can be sold to Healthcare Professionals only
What does ActivaPatch Intellidose Drug Delivery System Include?
- An iontophoresis patch platform that includes a power source, delivery electrode, and ground electrode, Latex-free.
- One alcohol wipe.
- One Patient Instruction card
How does ActivaPatch Intellidose Work?
- Open pouch and remove contents: (1) ActivaPatch; (1) alcohol wipe; (1) Patient Instruction Card.
- Gently apply your thumb to the battery case and remove the pull tab to activate the patch.
- The LED will flash to indicate treatment mode. One flash every four (4) seconds indicates an open circuit. This means the patch is functional and ready to use. If the circuit does NOT light up, discard the patch and use another.
- Inspect the area where ActivaPatch is to be placed and ensure skin is intact. Clean treatment site with alcohol and wipe thoroughly.
- Ensure that the treatment site is dry before applying ActivaPatch.
- With a marked syringe, draw 2.0 cc of ionic solution and hydrate the active ionic solution reservoir.
- Do not under-or overfill the reservoir. Note: Make sure that there are no visible dry spots. If dry spots are visible, touch up lightly with the tip of the syringe until they are gone (do not overfill).
- Peel liner and place patch directly on the treatment area. Do not compress the electrode on the reservoir area, or the solution may leak.
- Once treatment has begun, pull off the remaining release liner over the pull tab, and refer to the Flash Sequence chart. The LED indicator and the power will turn off when 80 mAmp*min is complete and the ActivaPatch can be removed.
The approximate treatment time for 40 mAmp* dosage is 1 hour and 15 minutes. Approximate treatment time for 80mAmp* dosage is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
ActivaPatch Intellidose User Manual
What to buy with ActivaPatch IntelliDose 2.5
IntelliDose 2.5 Specifications
||40 or 80mA*min
|Maximum Buffer Capacity
||6V with intelligent microprocessor