ABC Rose Contour Mastectomy Bra Features
- Seamed, soft cups provide flattering lift and separation
- ABC Mastectomy Bra offers gentle support that makes it easy to wear
- Straps are stretchy and adjustable for an ultimately comfortable fit
- The bra is made from a soft, breathable fabric that wicks away moisture, keeping the skin dry and comfortable
- Cotton and spandex pockets secretly hold breast forms in place
- Wider straps offer extra softness without compromising support
ABC 103 Rose Contour Bra Fabric
- Back: 85% Nylon, 15% Spandex
- Pockets: 95% Cotton, 5% Spandex
- Cups: 100% Polyester
How to use ABC Rose Contour Bra?
- ABC Rose Contour Mastectomy Bra is put on like a regular bra.
- Breast Form must be inserted into the bra before the bra is worn.
- The breast form should remain wrapped inside the breast form cover when put inside the bra pocket.
- Insert the breast form (with the form cover intact) delicately into the bra pocket, while avoiding excessive pulling or squeezing.
- After placing the breast form in the pocket, you can put on the ABC Bra Style 103 as you would with a regular bra.
- It is recommended to hand wash ABC Rose Contour Mastectomy Bra in warm water. Wash with mild soap or with specialized garment washing/cleansing solutions such as TruKleen Washing Solution.
- Fabric softeners are not recommended.
- For best results, American Breast Care Bras should be hung until it is completely dry.
- Taking care of the mastectomy bra will:
- Prolong the elasticity of the fabrics
- Extend the lifetime of the bra
- Provide long-lasting comfort and security
- Offer an overall natural look and feel
How to measure ABC Bra Style 103?
Measure for the Band size:
- Measure circumference at bra band.
- Measurement should be snug.
- Have patient hold arms at sides or on hips while you measure the circumference.
- Add either 4 or 5 inches to the circumference measurement to achieve an even number.
- For the patient who presents in a wheelchair:
- Some patients can stand even if they cannot ambulate
- Its ok to ask patient if she can stand.
- If patient cannot stand, measure her while seated.
- If seated, do not add extra to the chest circumference measurement.
Measure for the Cup size:
- Measure from the center of the sternum, over the apex of the natural breast, under the arm, to the center of the spine.
- Measurement should be taut, not snug.
- Double the measurement.
- Calculate the difference between the cup measurement and the band measurement.
- The difference determines the cup size :
0 inch = AA Cup
1 inch = A Cup
2 inch = B Cup
3 inch = C Cup
4 inch = D Cup
5 inch = DD Cup
6 inch = DDD Cup
American Breast Care Bra Guides
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the ABC 103 Rose Contour Mastectomy Bra be worn immediately after breast surgery?
It is recommended that women wait until their surgical site has fully healed before wearing a mastectomy bra. However, the ABC 103 Rose Contour Mastectomy Bra is designed to be comfortable and supportive for women who have undergone breast surgery. It is best to consult with a healthcare professional to determine when it is safe to start wearing a mastectomy bra.
Is it ideal to wear a bra after a mastectomy?
Yes, you can wear a bra or camisole right after mastectomy surgery (with or without reconstruction).
How to measure the bra size after a mastectomy?
Measure all around your body underneath the bust. To find your bra size, add 4 inches if your measurement is an even number and add 5 inches if your measurement is an odd number.
How tight should the post-surgical bra be?
The ideal fit for a post-surgery bra should be snug but not tight. The bra should be comfortable and should not be painful.
What is the material of the ABC Bra Style 103?
This bra is made with jacquard fabric and is a perfect everyday bra.