Features of 3M Trace Prep
- 3M Red Dot Trace Prep Dispenser Roll provides cleaner and more stable traces for high-quality trace pickup
- It is made of a gentle abrasive material
- Gently removes the non-conductive skin layer for a better trace quality
- Requires less nursing intervention to fix trace problems
- The dispenser is easy to use and saves time
- It does not harm patients' skin and promotes better skincare
What to buy with 3M Trace Prep Dispenser Roll
FAQs About 3M Red Dot Trace Prep
Why is prepping needed for 3M Red Dot Electrodes?
This is not generally needed for Red Dot electrodes. Using Trace Prep and following the "Best Recommended Practices" will help any electrode perform optimally. This assures high-quality traces for the clinician, improves patient comfort, and reduces waste for the facility.
Will Trace Prep only work with 3M Red Dot electrodes?
Trace Prep and the "Best Recommended Practices" procedure can be used with any electrode and in all situations. The most common setting is the stress testing unit, but all departments would experience the benefits.
Why is skin abrading recommended prior to attaching electrodes?
To reduce skin impedance by exposing the inner conductive layer of the epidermis to enhance trace quality. 3M Red Dot Trace Prep is a "tool" to solve trace quality issues and artifacts (if skin impedance related). Virtually all electrodes face trace quality and skin impedance issues. 3M Red Dot Trace Prep is designed to minimize those issues. Skin abrading is not only meant for 3M™ Red Dot™ electrodes, it's a good practice to enhance all ECG trace quality. 3M has designed this tool to solve customer issues related to trace quality.