Urias Pressure Splints Features
- Easy to use: The splint is easy to apply and can be inflated using a hand pump, making it a quick and convenient option for emergency situations.
- Lightweight and portable: The Urias Air Splint is made from lightweight, durable material, making it easy to transport and store when not in use.
- Customizable: Can be adjusted to fit the patient's specific body part, providing a custom fit and maximum support.
- Radiolucent: This means it does not interfere with X-rays or other imaging tests, making it easy for healthcare professionals to monitor the progress of the injury.
- Easy to clean: The splint can be easily cleaned and disinfected, making it a hygienic option for healthcare settings.
- Multiple sizes: Comes in multiple sizes to accommodate different body parts and patient sizes.
- Reusable: The splint can be reused multiple times, making it a cost-effective option for healthcare facilities.
When to use this Air Splint?
- Head injury
- For muscle facilitation in neurological rehab
- Post surgery edema management
- Contracture reduction
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Urias Inflatable Hand Leg Pressure Air Splints?
- A thin cotton sleeve should cover the patient's limb while the air splint is in use.
- The splint must be orally inflated. Pressure should not exceed 40mm Hg and should be read when limb is at rest.
- The splints may be wiped over with a mild disinfectant to clean them, then dried with a towel. If necessary, the valve may be disconnected and washed and the inflation tube cleaned with a test tube brush dipped in mild disinfectant, allowed to dry and then re-assembled.
- Do not let the fluid run inside the splint as it can not drain out.
- The Urias Air Splint should not be worn in direct sunlight.
- No splint should be left on for more than one hour.
- Do not use the tube as a handle when fitting the splint.
- Do not store in sub-zero temperatures. Recommended storage temperature is +10°C.
- Dispose of in the household rubbish bin.
- Do not burn on household fire or electric incinerator.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the Urias Air Splint work?
The splint is inflated with air using a hand pump, providing a customized fit to support the injured limb. It immobilizes the limb to prevent further injury and promote healing.
Is the Air Splint easy to use?
Yes, the splint is easy to use and can be quickly inflated using the hand pump. It comes in multiple sizes to fit different body parts and patient sizes.
Is this splint reusable?
Yes, the Air Splint can be reused multiple times. It is made from a durable, lightweight material that is easy to clean and disinfect.
Can this be used in imaging tests?
Yes, it is radiolucent, which means that it does not interfere with X-rays or other imaging tests. This makes it easy for healthcare professionals to monitor the progress of the injury.
Is the Urias Air Splint suitable for all patients?
The Urias Air Splint comes in multiple sizes to accommodate different body parts and patient sizes. However, healthcare professionals should assess the patient's condition and needs to determine if the Urias Air Splint is the most appropriate treatment option.
Urias Air Splint Specifications
|Long Arm (80cm)
|Long Arm (70cm)
Top width: 7-3/4" (20cm)
Bottom width: 16-1/2" (42cm)
|Small Leg (no foot)
Top width: 11" (28cm)
Bottom width: 7-3/4" (20cm)
|Large Leg (no foot)
Top width: 11-3/4" (30cm)
Bottom width: 9" (23cm)