Features of Unisom Sleeping Aid
Unisom Sleep Tabs active ingredient, doxylamine succinate, is a non-habit-forming antihistamine that blocks certain natural substances (histamine, acetylcholine) that your body makes. The lack of histamine causes users to get drowsy and fall asleep more quickly. As a result, users will get a good night’s sleep from Unisom tablets.
What are the ingredients of Unisom Sleeping Pills?
- Active ingredient: Doxylamine succinate 25 mg
- Purpose: Nighttime sleep-aid
- Inactive ingredients:
- Anhydrous dibasic calcium phosphate
- Dibasic calcium phosphate dihydrate
- FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake
- Magnesium stearate
- Microcrystalline cellulose
- Sodium starch glycolate
- Do not use in children under 12 years of age
- Ask a doctor before use if you have
- a breathing problem such as asthma, emphysema, or chronic bronchitis
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other drugs
- When using this product:
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- take only at bedtime
- Stop use and ask a doctor if sleeplessness persists continuously for more than two weeks. Insomnia may be a symptom of serious underlying medical illness.
- If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
What to buy with Unisom Pills
Unisom SleepTabs Night time Sleep Aid Tablet FAQ
Can you take more than 1 tablet at a time?
For adults 12 years of age and older, 1 tablet should be taken 30 minutes before going to bed, or as directed by a doctor. Do not exceed labeled dosing. Use only as directed.
Can you take it with other sleep medications?
You should speak directly with your healthcare professional before taking any Unisom products with other sleep medications.
Can I take the tablet with food?
Unisom SleepTabs can be taken with or without food.
What are the side effects?
Potential side effects may include daytime drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, and memory problems. If you experience any effects, discontinue use and consult your doctor. See drug facts on the product packaging for full warning information.
Is it gluten free?
Unisom SleepTabs do not contain any ingredients made from a gluten-containing grain (wheat, barley, or rye).