MedDev corporation is best known for its ophthalmic devices for protecting the eye. It also manufacture exercise devices including Ultimate Hand Helper, Thumb Helper and Soft Touch which has simple, yet effective design that gently exercises the muscles and tendon groups of the hand and forearm to help keep joints active, increase range-of-motion and improve flexibility.
Frequently asked questions
Speech disorders are of various types:
- Articulation disorders – these include difficulties in producing sounds in syllables or saying words incorrectly to the point that listeners are not able to understand what's being said.
- Fluency disorders: these problems include stuttering, in which the flow of speech is interrupted by abnormal stoppages, partial-word repetitions (""b-b-boy""), or prolonged sounds and syllables (sssssnake).
- Voice or Resonance disorders: these disorders include problems with pitch, volume, or quality of voice that distracts listeners from what is being said. These types of disorders may cause pain or discomfort for a child when speaking.
Language disorders include receptive or expressive disorders:
- Receptive disorders: includes difficulties understanding or processing language.
- Expressive disorders: are those when the kids have difficulty putting words together, limited vocabulary, or inability to use language in a socially appropriate way.
Speech therapy includes:
- Language intervention activities: these activities include interacting with a child while playing and talking, using pictures, books, objects, or ongoing events to stimulate language development. You may also model correct vocabulary and grammar using repetition exercises to build language skills.
- Articulation therapy: Articulation means sound production. These exercises involve creating correct sounds and syllables in words and sentences for a child, often during play activities. The level of play is age-appropriate and related to the child's specific needs.
Personal voice amplifier is a small yet powerful amplifier with speakers that provides a loud, clear output required for high quality voice amplification.
Larynx speech aids allows the user to add inflection to their speaking voice for emphasis and a more natural sounding voice.