Donjoy Renegade Knee Brace Features
- Ultra soft suede liners and pads encourage comfortable movement
- Four Points of Leverage dynamic frame design significantly reduces ACL strain
- Tapered tibia padding reduces pressure on the patellar tendon
- Molded tabs (x5) provide additional strap security
- White color for visual excellence
- Donjoy Knee Brace is available in seven sizes
When to use Renegade Knee Brace?
- Moderate to severe knee instability
- ACL injuries and reconstructions
- MCL/LCL instabilities or prophylactic use
Donjoy Renegade Knee Brace User Manual
What to buy with Knee Support Brace
How to apply Renegade Knee Brace by Donjoy?
- A: While sitting on the edge of a chair, step through the brace. Flexing the knee to 45° , position the brace, centering the hinge about 1" (2.54 cm) above the top of the kneecap and slightly past midline of the leg. Make sure the brace is not twisted on the leg.
- B: Secure the bottom calf strap first, then the top thigh strap.
- C: Keeping the knee bent at 45 degrees, push both condyles (hinges) toward the back of the leg.
- D: Maintaining the position of the hinges: for ACL version secure lower thigh strap, for PCL version secure upper calf strap, for CI version secure lower thigh strap then upper calf strap on the back of the leg.
- E: For ACL version, draw the hinges forward slightly before fastening the front tibial (shin) strap. For PCL version draw the hinges forward slightly before fastening the front thigh strap. For CI version draw the hinges forward slightly before fastening the front tibial (shin) and the front thigh strap. Do not pull the hinges beyond midline of the leg.
- F: For ACL version next, secure the upper calf strap. Be careful not to pull this strap too tight and risk circulation problems.
- G: When all strapping is complete, the hinge should center just above the top of the kneecap and slightly behind midline. To ensure that no slippage occurs during activity, it is recommended to do a few knee bends or walk for a few minutes, then re-tighten the straps following steps B-F or B-E for CI version.
How to adjust Donjoy Renegade Knee Brace Hinge?
- Your brace comes with 10° extension stops installed. To change the installed stops, first completely remove the screw as shown (for Armor by DonJoy & Legend, for 4TITUDE, 4Titude Advanced & Renegade. Then remove the stops.
- Insert the new stops, align with the holes in the hinge plate, then reinsert the screw. Using a Phillips head screwdriver, ensure that the screws are seated in the recess and completely tightened. Both medial and lateral stops must be identical in degree.
- Lateral slide shield hinge cover (standard on legend). In order to remove the extension stop, it is necessary to flex the hinge and slide the protective shield cover off before removing the stop.
- Extension Stops: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, and 40°. Flexion Stops: 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, and 90° (no flexion stops are installed upon shipment)
How to use and care for Renegade Knee Support Brace?
- If during activity, re-tightening is necessary, re-tighten all straps following steps in the application instructions.
- All straps and pads may be trimmed to fit individual variations in limb circumference.
- The brace may be used in fresh or salt water. Following use in water activities, drain thoroughly and rinse with clean, fresh water and then air dry.
- Hand wash your liners and condyle pads in cold water with mild detergent. Air dry only, do not heat dry liners or pad.
- The hinge mechanism requires little maintenance in normal use. However, you may apply a dry lubricant such as a Teflon spray to the internal mechanism of the hinge. Dry lubrication is recommended following use in water.
- Periodically inspect hinge screws for tightness and retighten as needed.
How to clean Donjoy Knee Support Brace?
- Hand wash in water (86°F/30°C) using mild soap
- Air dry
Warnings and Precautions:
- Loss of circulation, patient discomfort and patient re-injury are potential effects caused by device failure.
- ROM settings should not be changed without supervision of a medical professional.
- This product must be prescribed and fitted by a healthcare professional.
- The frequency, duration of use and directions for use should be determined by your healthcare professional.
- If pain, swelling, changes in sensation or other unusual reactions occur while using this product, you should contact your doctor immediately.
- Consult your medical professional immediately if you experience leg pain, tenderness, swelling or redness of the skin as these may be symptoms of a venous thromboembolism
- The support should be snug but not impair circulation.
- Do not use over open wounds.
- Do not use the device if it is damaged and/or the packaging has been opened.
Note: Contact manufacturer and competent authority in case of a serious incident arising due to usage of this device.
Donjoy Knee Brace Size Chart
||13 - 15.5” (33 - 39 cm)
||15.5 - 18.5” (39 - 47 cm)
||18.5 - 21” (47 - 53.25 cm)
||21 - 23.5” (53.25 - 59.5 cm)
||23.5 - 26.5” (59.5 - 67.25 cm)
||26.5 - 29.5” (67.25 - 75 cm)
||29.5 - 32” (75 - 81.25 cm)
DJO, LLC will repair or replace all or part of the unit and its accessories for material or workmanship defects for a period of six months from the date of sale. To the extent the terms of this warranty are inconsistent with local regulations, the provisions of such local regulations will apply.