4401 Urocare Urinal Kit Features
- Can either serve as a drip urinal for those who are only partially incontinent or with the use of the various supplied adaptors
- Urinal can be directly connected to any reusable or disposable leg bag or drainage system
- Detachable sheath for easy cleaning
- Stretchable fabric waistband with adjustable closure to fit several waist sizes
- Adaptors for connection to any reusable or disposable leg bag or drainage system
- Contains latex
- Also available (separately):
What to buy with Standard Male Urinal Kit
How to use Urocare Male Urinal Kit?
Important! Read This First
For best results, certain precautions should be taken before each application. Among them, be certain that: all snaps are firmly fastened to both the garment and the urinal sheath before each use, there are no loose stitches and there are no sharp edges on any of the components.
CAUTION: Those with known allergic reactions to synthetic materials, especially latex rubber, should not wear this system. Discontinue use immediately at first signs of any skin or other complications and consult a fitter or physician. If discomfort occurs or prolonged wear affects the performance of the garment, discontinue use. This product is intended for use in medical rehabilitation for urine collection, not as any form of protection during sports
Using Urocare Standard Male Urinal Kit as a Drip Urinal
- Trimming the Inner Sheath: Pull out the funnel-shaped, inner sheath. The opening of the sheath should be trimmed to fit snugly around the penis to prevent leakage. If the opening of the sheath is too small 1 or tight, trim off not more than an /8" (3mm) at a time. Repeat if necessary until satisfied that you have a comfortable, snug fit. Cut the sheath with a pair of large, sharp scissors to prevent jagged or nicked edges before application.
Application of the Urinal Sheath: After the sheath has been trimmed, allow the penis to enter as far as possible so that the end of the inner sheath is as far as possible behind the head of the penis. Return the inner sheath with the penis inserted to its original position inside the out sheath. If the Standard Bottom Drain Valve #( 6004) is not already in place, inset into the valve housing at the tip of the urinal sheath and while turning gently clockwise, screw it into position.
- CAUTION: For comfort, the inner sheath is made of thinner, lightweight latex and may tear if cut or trimmed improperly. Be certain there are no signs of jagged or nicked edges before application.
Application and Adjustment of the Suspensory: With the urinal sheath already applied to the penis, pull the garment over the legs passing the tip of the urinal sheath through the opening in the front of the garment. Then snap the urinal sheath firmly into position as shown in Figure 3. Adjustment of the suspensory garment should be made while wearing. Please note: The garment should fit snug around the waist, but not too tight
- CAUTION: Do not over-tighten drain valve—doing so may damage the valve housing. Remember to close the drain valve before use. To open the valve for drainage, twist it counter-clockwise 1½ turns.
Using Urocare Urinal Kit With a Urocare Latex Leg Bag
- Deciding on a Position for the Latex Leg Bag: Follow steps one(1) through three(3) same as Drip Urinal procedure. Once the suspensory and sheath are in place it's time to decide on a position for your leg bag. If your preferred leg bag position is either over or below the knee, the use of an extension tube (6005, supplied, or 6016, not supplied) may be necessary.
- Removing the Bottom Drain Valve and Standard Top Adaptor: If you prefer to connect the bag directly to the sheath, both the Standard Bottom Drain Valve(6004) and the Standard Top Adaptor (6002) must be removed. Start by removing the drain valve from the sheath by turning it counter-clockwise until it separates from the valve housing, then remove the Standard Top Adaptor from your latex leg bag in the same manor and set them aside—be certain the anti-reflux valve does not fall out or get lost.
- Attaching the Male Urinal Adaptor: With the anti-reflux valve still in place, attach the Male Urinal Adaptor (6022) to the Top Valve Housing of the leg bag by turning it clockwise until firmly seated in position
- Attach Straps to the Leg Bag: Whether you are using the latex leg straps supplied or a set of fabric straps, you should attach them to your latex leg bag prior to connecting the bag to the urinal sheath. Feed the strap ends/ties through the strap loops on the latex leg bag. Once the above is completed, the Male Urinal Adaptor already attached to the bag can be connected to the urinal sheath by inserting the tip of the adaptor into the valve housing of the sheath and turning both the adaptor and the bag clockwise until firmly in place. Once the urinal adaptor has been properly attached to the sheath it's time to secure the leg straps to the leg. This is the final step. At this point you may wish to make some minor adjustments to the suspensory garment, sheath or leg bag position for comfort.
Using Urocare Standard Male Urinal Kit With Other Leg Bags
Urocare Standard Male Urinal Kit Use Mannual
- Deciding on a Position for the Latex Leg Bag: Follow steps one(1) through three(3) same as Drip Urinal procedure. Once the suspensory and sheath are in place it's time to decide on a position for your leg bag. If your preferred leg bag position is either over or below the knee, an extension tube (No.6005, supplied, or No. 6016, not be supplied) may be necessary
- Replacement of the Standard Bottom Drain Valve: If you prefer to connect your leg bag directly to the sheath, the Standard Bottom Drain Valve (6004) must be replaced with the Straight-Thru Adaptor (6005). Remove the drain valve from the sheath by turning it counter-clockwise until it separates from the valve housing. Then, insert the Straight-Thru Adaptor and turn clockwise until firmly seated into position.CAUTION: Do not over-tighten the Adaptor—doing so may damage the valve housing
- Attaching the Leg Bag
Urocare Urinal Kit Specifications
|Standard||For Waist Size: 26" to 38"|
|Large||For Waist Size: 38" to 46"|