Features of Serola SI Belt
- Re-establishes the normal motion of joints be relieving stress and providing support with compression.
- Breathable, moisture-wicking, hypoallergenic materials with a conforming design.
- Features a non-elastic layer that mimics the actions of ligaments.
- Chances of injury are lessened considerably during work or play.
- Serola SI Belt is designed to hold the SI Joints together so the likelihood of any muscle tear, stretch or injury is greatly reduced.
- If the joint re-opens, the SI Belt will minimize re-injury to the joint and its ligaments.
- Intended to normalize ROM.
- Muscle tone, and strength, are normalized by reducing stress in ligaments.
- During rehabilitation, the Serola SI Belt holds the Sacrum to the Ilia with the proper tension so that, during exercise, as you bring the Ilia backward, it carries the Sacrum with it.
- Ensures that the ligaments are not stressed and the joint remains intact, which is critical to proper rehabilitation.
- Exercise without the SI Belt will only give temporary relief from muscle pain but may force the joint further into a lesion, which will cause micro-trauma to the ligaments, and allow the muscle tightness to return later, possibly with increased force.
When to use the Serola Sacroiliac Joint Belt?
The 3" wide Serola Sacroiliac Belt can be used by people of any age under the following circumstances -
What to buy with Sacroiliac Joint Belt
How does Serola SI Joint Belt Work?
- The Serola SI Belt assists in treatment and healing of the sacroiliac joint
- Acts like an external ligament
- Serola belts help prevent stress on the sacroiliac ligaments
- Correctly holds the SIJ stable
- Serola normalizes the function of the SIJ
- Reduces muscular pain due to sacroiliac injury
- Balances muscular compensation patterns to SIJ injury
- This Support Belt increases tone in inhibited muscles
- Decreases tone in tight muscles
- Increases muscle strength and endurance throughout the body
- Helps prevent re-injury during bending, lifting, and twisting
- Helps maintain tone in the pelvic floor muscles during pregnancy
- Normalizes core power transfer
- Enhances rehab programs
- Improved posture reduces the likelihood of the leg muscles "giving out"
How to Wear Serola Sacroiliac Belt?
- Position the serola belt around your hip (not your waist)
- Pull the elastic bands from each side towards the front and fasten the belt using the hook n loop that it provides
- Adjust the belt to fit according to your comfort. Make sure it is not too tight.
- Test the strength of any muscle and ensure you are feeling stronger with the belt on. One easy test you can do is raise one leg off the ground while sitting and push down on the thighs.
Serola Belt for Back Pain- FAQ
How to clean Serola SI Belt?
How do you measure yourself for the Serola Belt?
The measurement is taken directly where the belt is worn. While standing, lift your leg up and feel where the crease near your hips forms. This area is where the belt is worn and the area that should be measured to ensure the correct size is chosen. For more information on positioning and placement of the Serola Sacroiliac Belt, please see the instructional video. If you are using the belt during pregnancy, please see the specific instructional video for pregnancy.
The four sizes of Serola Belt accommodate the following hip measurements -
- Small - Upto 34"
- Medium - 34" - 40"
- Large - 40" - 46"
- X-Large - 46" - 52"
Can the Serola SI Belt be used during Pregnancy?
The Serola Sacroiliac Belt is also famous by the term "Serola Maternity Belt" as it is perfect for use during pregnancy. We made a video discussing all the uses and benefits of the Serola Belt during pregnancy.
What is the importance of using a Serola Sacroiliac Belt during pregnancy?
The importance of using the Serola Maternity Belt during and, especially, after pregnancy cannot be overemphasized. During pregnancy, the ligaments, under hormonal influences, become lax and stretch to allow the pelvis to spread for delivery. It is important to hold the sacroiliac and pubic joints firmly together after delivery in order to assist the ligaments in shortening and re-aligning the pelvis properly.
What if the Sacroiliac Joint Belt causes discomfort?
The belt should not cause any discomfort. In the majority of cases, the belt is being worn incorrectly and improper positioning can cause discomfort. Be sure to watch the educational video on how to properly wear the Serola Sacroiliac Belt. If the belt continues to cause discomfort for any reason after proper placement discontinue use immediately and contact the manufacturer so they may further assist with the issue.
Can the Serola Sacroiliac Belt be worn directly against the skin?
Yes. The Serola Sacroiliac Belt is made from a high-quality, patented, and hypoallergenic foam that can be used against the skin safely.
How long should you wear SI Belt?
There is no limitation to how long the belt can be worn and wearing the belt for long periods of time will not cause any negative effects.
Is it ideal to wear a sacroiliac belt to bed?
The Serola Sacroiliac Belt can be worn 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, even while sleeping.
How to clean Serola SI Belt?
- Hand wash with either hot or cold water
- Rinse well in cold water to remove soap residue from the small open cells in the foam
- Line dry
Why choose Serola? - Hear what our customers have to say!
“It Was Like Magic!!”
May 12, 2021 by Julimarr
“Today I was at my PT office for therapy on a shoulder replacement. During the rehab phase I developed left hip pain (I'm guessing from sleeping on that side all the time) She tried helping me with it, I went to a chiropractor, I ordered resistance bands, went on pilates table, etc....Today the groin pain was back again...Had to lift my leg in and out of car...super painful in groin!! She asked me if I ever tried an SI belt? No...She applied it, I took a few steps and it was GONE!!! I was amazed!! I have been dealing with this for months...taking pain medicine (which I never do!) to sleep. All discomfort was not gone, but it had shifted to the lateral side and was just discomfort...not pain anymore! I work in the medical field and have also had a lot of physical therapy. Have never seen this type of belt before. When she applied it and I walked...it was a miracle. Never thought anything could work that fast, but it did!! I love it and cant wait for my daughter to try it. Her hips are uneven from some scoliosis in her lower back. and this might be the thing she needs for her life long hip and lower back pain. Its Amazing!”
“This Belt Changed My Life”
August 10, 2021 by Sandy E. (Oregon, United States)
“After three years of pain and many visits to a chiropractor, as well as a multitude of other things people suggested, I can honestly say that I am pain free. The difference was almost immediate. I am now able to sit for extended periods without any discomfort and walk and stand with greater ease. The belt is easy to put on. It stays in place quite nicely, even on top of clothing. It has really changed my life.”
March 1, 2020 by Olivia F. (CA, United States)
“My chiropractor suggested to use the belt for my sciatica. No pain and movement has improve beyond my belief, good product like the Doc said.”
December 24, 2020 by timothy (MA, United States)
“Began to help with pain soon after starting wearing. Worth every penny!”
Serola Sacroiliac Belt Reviews