Luna II QX CPAP Features
- Leak Reporting
- Advanced Algorithm comes with CPAP machines
- Exhalation relief
- Sleek, modern design
- Integrated CSA detection
- Whisper quiet
- Full color LCD
Why to buy Luna II QX CPAP Machine?
Automatic Pressure Adjustments
- It can automatically select the therapy pressure based on your breathing measurements.
Patient Friendly Reporting Option
- Easy Cloud-Based SD Card Report Generation
- Smartphone App for Effortless QR Code Scan Reporting
- As part of the design, this saves you from purchasing a heated humidifier separately.
What 3B Medical Luna II QX Includes
- Luna II QX CPAP with humidifier
- Power Cord
- 6 ft. Tube
- Travel Case
- SD Card
- Power adapter
- User manual
When to use Luna II QX CPAP Machine with Humidifier?
The Luna II CPAP and Luna II Auto CPAP Machine are intended to deliver positive pressure for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea. The optional integrated heated humidifier is indicated for the humidification and warming of air from the flow generator. These devices are intended for single patient use by prescription in the home or hospital/institutional environment on adult patients.
3B Medical Luna II QX CPAP Contraindications
Studies have shown that the following pre-existing conditions may contraindicate the use of positive airway pressure therapy for some patients:
- Mediastinal emphysema
- Fluid leak
- Traumatic brain injury
- Shock caused by a variety of conditions before treatment
- Active epistaxis
- Upper gastrointestinal bleeding before treatment
- Coma or impaired consciousness making the use of mask during therapy impossible giant vocal fold polyp, etc.
Severe coronary heart disease complicated with left ventricular failure, acute otitis media, excessive respiratory secretions and weak cough, weak spontaneous breathing, nasal or oral tracheal intubation and tracheotomy, severe nasal congestion caused by a variety of conditions, lung bullae, and allergies to breathing masks, etc.
The following side effects may occur during treatment:
- Dryness of the mouth, nose and throat
- Abdominal bloating
- Ear or sinus discomfort
- Eye irritation
- Skin irritation due to the use of a mask
- Chest discomfort
What to buy with Luna II QX CPAP Machine
How to use Luna II QX CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier?
Luna QX CPAP Machine first time setup
- Place the device on a firm, flat surface.
- Attach the air filter to the filter cap.
- Install the filter cap containing the air filter to the device
- The air filter must be in place when the device is operating.
- Installing the air filter and filter cap, device must be unplugged
Connecting CPAP Machine to Power
- Insert the plug of the power adapter into the DC Inlet on the back of the device.
- Connect the power cord to the power adapter.
- Plug the other end of the power cord into the power outlet.
Points to notice
- After interruption and restoration of the power supply, the device will restore its pre-interruption working status automatically.
- To remove AC power, disconnect the power cord from the power outlet.
Assembling the CPAP Tube and Mask
- Connect one end of the tube to the air outlet of the device.
- Connect the other end of the tube to the mask according to the user manual for the mask.
Using Oxygen Therapy with the Device
Oxygen may be added at the mask connection. Please observe the instructions listed below when using oxygen with the device.
- Connect the oxygen tube to the oxygen inlet of the mask.
- The oxygen supply must comply with the local regulations for medical oxygen.
- Turn on the device before turning on the oxygen. Turn off the oxygen before turning off the device. Explanation of Warning: When the device is turned off, but the oxygen flow still exists, oxygen may accumulate within the device's enclosure and pose a fire hazard. Turning off the oxygen before turning off the device will prevent oxygen accumulation in the device and reduce the risk of fire. This warning applies to CPAP devices.
- Oxygen supports combustion. Keep the device and the oxygen container away from heat, open flames, any oily substances, or other sources of ignition. DO NOT smoke in the area near your Luna GII or the oxygen container.
- Sources of oxygen should be located more than 1 m from the device.
- When using oxygen with this system, a Pressure Valve must be placed in-line with the patient circuit between the device and the oxygen source. The pressure valve helps prevent the backflow of oxygen from the patient circuit into the device when the unit is off. Failure to use the pressure valve could result in a fire hazard.
- Do not connect the device to an unregulated or high pressure oxygen source. The pressure of oxygen source does not exceed the work pressure of the device.
How to insert SD Card in 3B Medical Luna II QX
Only for the device that equipped with SD card
- Insert the SD card into the SD card slot
- If the SD card is inserted correctly, a symbol indicating correct insertion will appear in the Main Interface on the screen of the device
- If the SD card is inserted incorrectly, a symbol indicating incorrect insertion will appear in the Main Interface on the screen of the device
How to operate Heated Humidifier for CPAP?
The humidifier is available from your home care provider. The humidifier may reduce nasal dryness and irritation by adding moisture (and heat if applicable) to the airflow.
How to fill Water in Luna II QX CPAP Humidifier Water Chamber?
- Grab the water chamber, and pull it out of the device.
- Open the cap and fill the water chamber with approximately 360 ml of water.
- Make sure that the water does not exceed the maximum water level line.
- Close the cap after it is filled with water and return it to the device
Setting the Humidity Level of CPAP Machine
- After the device is powered on, turn the Knob. to turn on or turn off the heated humidifier and to adjust the humidity level according to instructions on the screen of the device.
- There are five humidity levels available, and the number of blue indicator lights that light up is directly proportional to the humidity level. If none of the indicator lights light up, it means that the heated humidifier is turned off.
- The temperature of the water in the water chamber maintains a constant set level. Three indicator lights light up when the humidity is adjusted to Level 3.
For more information on how to use please checkout 3B Medical Luna II QX CPAP With Integrated Heated Humidifier User Manual
Luna II QX CPAP Machine with Humidifier Mobile Application Guide
Luna II QX Clinician Setup Instructions
Luna II QX CPAP Machine Specifications
|Dimensions||274 mm Ãƒâ€” 184 mm Ãƒâ€” 115 mm|
|Water capacity||To maximum fill line 360 mL|
|Temperature||5Ã‚Â°C to 35Ã‚Â°C (41Ã‚Â°F to 95Ã‚Â°F)|
|Relative Humidity||15% to 93% Non-condensing|
|Atmospheric Pressure||760 ~ 1060 cmH2O|
|Mode of Operation||Continuous|
|AC Power Consumption||100 - 240 V ~, 50 / 60 Hz, Max 2 A|
|Pressure Range||4 to 20 cm H2O|
|Ramp||0 to 60 minutes.|
|Sound Pressure Level||< 28 dBÃ‚Â at the pressure of 10 cm H2O|
|Sound Power Level||< 38 dB at the pressure of 10 cm H2O|
|Delivered Gas Temperature ||= 43Ã‚Â°C|
Luna II CPAP Machine Warranty
Two-year warranty for the main unit, and three months for all accessories.