Trio Siltac Ostomy Seal Features
- Trio Siltac Silicone Ostomy Seal specially developed to not absorb moisture, such as sweat and body waste throughout days of usage
- Prevents skin damage caused by unhygienic hydrocolloid seals
- Trio Ostomy Seals provide added security and confidence
- Flexible and stretchy formula provides a truly custom fit for everybody's stoma
- Allowing peristomal skin to breath does not cause a build-up of sweat
- Does not absorb body waste allows for a hygienic seal that maintains its integrity
- This silicone ostomy seal sticks to skin instantly and allows for quick bag changing and added security
- Removes in one piece leaves no residue and removes without stripping peristomal skin
Responsive Silicone Technology:
- Uncompromised security and comfort
- Silicone does not absorb sweat from the skin surrounding your stoma or body waste. Because of this, silicone ostomy care products maintain their integrity throughout days of usage and therefore maintain adhesion
- More hygienic alternative to hydrocolloid products
- Helps avoid damage to the skin surrounding your stoma and calm existing red, sore skin
- Allows ostomates to enjoy the comfort they deserve and need to partake in the excitement of life
What to buy with Siltac Silicone Ostomy Seal
How to use Trio Silicone Ostomy Seal?
- Step 1: Take the pack containing the Siltac seal from the dispenser carton, then peel and dispose of the lid from the clear plastic blister.
- Step 2: Grip the blister’s peel tab with one hand, and using the thumb of your other hand, gently rub the edge of the Siltac seal away towards the centre of the blister.
- Step 3: Then using the thumb and forefinger, carefully pull the seal from its pack. It is normal for the seal to be adhered to the blister pack, but it has been designed to be strong enough to be pulled free from the blister without tearing or damage.
- Step 4: Before applying the seal, it is very important to ensure your skin is dry. The seal will not stick to wet skin. Taking the edge of the seal in both hands, stretch it around your stoma. You will find that Siltac stretches smoothly and easily and is very tacky in order to form a secure seal around your stoma.
- Step 5: Then allow Siltac to retract around your stoma to form a comfortable seal. Siltac has been designed to conform and seal around any shape of stoma, so there is no need to mould it to shape; its gentle elasticity will form the seal by itself.
- Step 6: Once Siltac has sealed around your stoma, gently press it onto the peristomal skin surface. Now place your ostomy pouching system directly onto the surface of the seal as normal, and hold it in place until secure.
Note: Siltac is available in three sizes and care should be taken to select the correct size that will retract sufficiently to form a perfect seal around your stoma. When removing your pouching system Siltac will normally just peel off with the wafer, or if not, it can easily be peeled from the skin in one piece leaving no residue.
When to use Siltac Silicone Ostomy Seal by Trio?
Trio Siltac Ostomy Seal Specifications
The table below shows the difference between Trio advanced silicone technology and traditional hydrocolloid adhesives
||Trio’s Advanced Silicone Technology
||Poor instant adhesion due to non-adhesive hydrocolloid fillers used in final composition
||Instant adhesion due to low surface energy and high flexibility of silicone polymers
|Adhesion level does not increase over time (resulting in ease of removal and reduction in ‘skin stripping’)
||Increases over time due to the adhesive matrix flowing into skin (non – cross-linked polymer)
||No significant change in adhesion over time (cross-linked polymer)
||Absorbs faeces and urine
||Non-absorbent but breathable to moisture
|Clean removal (no residue)
||Breaks down in the presence of faeces and urine
||Maintains integrity and shape in the presence of faeces and urine allowing for one piece removal –leaves no residue