Why Choose BodySport Slam Balls?
- Non-bouncing functional training ball forces users to engage more muscles
- Designed to withstand high impact exercises and rugged use
- Popularly used for numerous cross-fit exercises
- Preferable choice of many famous trainers and diverse athletes
What to buy with Slam Ball Functional Training Ball
Personal workouts can always be upgraded by adding more compatible equipments to it. Below are some exercise products we recommend you to purchase along with the BodySport Slam Ball to take your workout to the next level -
What Exercises Can Be Performed With Slam Balls?
There are numerous ways to workout using Slam Ball. Below mentioned are some Slam Ball Workouts and instructions to perform them perfectly:
How To Do Ball Slams?
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent and the Slam Ball held overhead.
- Throw the ball down to the ground in front of your feet with as much force as possible. Exhale during the movement and contract the abs powerfully.
- If possible, catch the ball as it bounces from the floor. If there's no bounce at all, keep the ab muscles engaged and pick the ball from the floor.
- Lift the medicine ball back the the starting position and repeat.
How To Do Cleans Using Slam Balls?
- Start standing with feet hip-width apart, Slam Ball between feet, laces facing outward. Put both hands on the sides of the medicine ball, fingers facing down, in a quarter squat position. Make sure your shoulders are just over the ball, the chest is up, and back is flat.
- In one fluid motion, keeping arms long, pull the ball up from the ground, and stand up straight. Stand up quickly, as if you were jumping towards the ceiling. The aim here is to be explosive, so engage your butt and squeeze those glutes.
- Immediately shrug your shoulders to your ears, shoot elbows forward, rotating hands around the ball, and drop into a squat. You should end with the ball in a front-rack position (propping it up in front of your chest), and stand up to finish.
How To Perform Jerks Using Exercise Balls?
- Start this exercise with feet shoulder width apart, a slight bend in the knee and the Slam Ball held in both hands - at chest height.
- Bend the knees slightly and drive up through the kneels pressing the medicine ball up above your head (don't lock out), and dipping into a shallow squat to take the weight of the ball.
- Return to the starting position and repeat.
How To Perform Snatches With Exercise Balls?
- Get into a low squat with the Slam Ball held between the heels and head looking straight forward.
- Keeping the ball tight to the body, drag the ball up your body, jumping once it reaches chest level.
- As you jump in the air, continue bringing the ball towards the ceiling resulting in the ball being above your hands with arms fully extended, just as a barbell, kettlebell, or dumbbell would be overhead during a snatch. The ball going from ground to overhead should be one fluid motion.
- Return the weight back down in one fluid motion, reversing the steps by dragging the ball back down the body and to the ground between the heels.
How To Do Overhead Throws Using Slam Ball?
- Stand with the feet shoulder-width directly over the Slam Ball. Pick up the ball cupping it more at an angle underneath the sphere rather than directly on the sides of the ball.
- Hinge the hips back, dropping the Slam Ball between the knees into a squat position. Once at the base of the squat immediately explode out of the squat by gaining a triple extension of the ankles, knees, and hips as you granny toss the medicine ball directly overhead in an arching pattern. The objective is to send the ball in a pattern of achieving both height and distance in the throw. If you jump off the ground ascending upward that is to be expected.
- Once the throw is complete turn and run (or jog depending on what level of work capacity you want to stress) to chase the ball in order to perform a subsequent throw bringing the ball back to the starting point.