Features of Polar Active Ice 3.0 Shoulder Cold Therapy System
- Specifically designed to deliver drug-free pain relief after injury or post-surgery, when serious pain relief is required!
- Patent Pending Programmable Digital Timer Control allows the unit to be set specifically per your health care professional's recommendation! A Critical Safety Feature! The user can set custom "on" and "off" times. Examples include (but are not limited to) setting our system to cycle throughout the night with 20 minutes on and then 40 minutes off, or on for just 30 minutes and then shut off.
- Whisper quiet, a high-efficiency pump circulates cool water throughout the Therapy Pad.
- The market's largest cooling reservoirs hold more ice and allow for more time between adding ice. With twice the reservoir size and twice the ice as our biggest competitors, Active Ice will get you through the night!
- The Cold Therapy Pad is optimized to provide comfortable cold therapy to the desired body part while providing gentle compression. The insulated outer fabric directs maximum cold therapy to the target area.
- Comfortable and easy to reuse time and time again; simply add ice and water to the cooler!
- High flow, dry, quick disconnect couplings allow for freedom of movement if needed. The cooler lid on the unit is hinged and snaps in place, keeping it properly sealed. No mess!
Polar Active Shoulder Cold Therapy System Accessories
- Shoulder Bladder (17.5" x 12.5") with elastic and Velcro straps
- Fifteen quart cooler with wheels and retractable handle
- Five feet of insulated cool water lines
- Electronic digital timer with on/off switch
- AC Power Adapter with cord
What to buy with Polar Active Cold Therapy System
How to use Polar Ice Therapy Machine?
- Connect the therapy pad hose tubes to the Active Ice System hose tubes with the quick disconnect couplings. Be sure the tabs on the female couplings are pushed all the way down, then insert the male couplings into the female couplings. Couplings "click" when they are properly locked together.
- Open the reservoir and fill it with clean, cold water to the water fill line in the cooling reservoir. Be sure water covers the pump in the reservoir.
- Completely fill the reservoir with ice to the water return flow tube located near the top of the reservoir.
- Plug the power supply into a wall outlet. Then plug the Programmable Digital Timer Control #DTP into the power supply. If the optional Digital Temperature Flow Control #TCD was purchased, it is now connected to the Digital Timer Control. Finally, plug the Digital Timer Control, or Digital Temperature Flow Control if purchased, into the plate on the side of the cooling reservoir. Ensure all connections are secure.
- If the optional Digital Temperature Flow Control was purchased it should always connect to the electrical jack on the plate on the side of the cooling reservoir. Adjust the setting. Programmable Digital Timer Control Instructions
- When the system is set up and ready to turn on, push the center on/off button on the programmable digital timer control.
- The unit will immediately turn on and the LED display on the timer will quickly flash “Off” then “10” then “On” then “10”. This means the timer is initially set to cycle 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off.
- Increase or decrease the “on” time by pressing the right (+) or left (-) button.
- Increase or decrease the “off” time by pressing the top (+) or bottom (-) button.
- The timer will cycle with the on and off times set until they are changed or the unit is turned off by pressing the center on/off button.
- If it is desired to have the unit on for a certain number of minutes then turn off with no cycling, then set the time off to “0.”
- As long as the timer is plugged in, the last setting on the timer will automatically come up each time it is turned on.
- If the timer is unplugged, the sequence starts over at number 2 above.
- Lay the therapy pad on a flat surface and turn on the programmable digital timer control. Water will begin circulating through the therapy pad and back into the cooling reservoir via the water return flow tube. Allow the unit to run several minutes before securing the therapy pad to the target body part. This will ensure good flow through the system. Always ensure that there is water flowing out of the return tube into the cooling reservoir.
- Use the elastic belt(s) with hook and loop tabs to secure the therapy pad comfortably on the target body part.
- When the water temperature has risen above the desired level, refill the reservoir with ice. (See steps ‘c’ and ‘d’.) Drain water if necessary.
- Confirm that water is flowing out of the return flow tube at the top of the cooling reservoir when the system is on.
How to use the Therapy Session of Polar Active Cold Therapy System?
- Turn the unit off and disconnect the power supply.
- Press the tabs on the female couplings and gently pull the therapy pad hose tubes from the system tubes.
- Empty the reservoir and wipe out after each use.
How to care for the Cold Therapy System?
- Empty and wipe out the cooling reservoir after each use.
- When necessary, rinse the cooling reservoir and hoses with warm, antibacterial soapy water.
- Once every 2 weeks, pour 16 ounces of Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol in the reservoir with the ice and water while the system is in use.
- Allow the alcohol and water mixture to circulate through the system for at least 30 minutes.
- Periodically check the pump filter sponge and clean it or replace it.
- Do this by grasping the back of the pump and pulling the pump cover off.
- Then remove the black filter sponge.
- Clean and replace.
Cleaning and Extended Storage of Polar Ice Therapy Machine
Note: It is not possible to remove all of the water from the therapy pad, system and tubing; therefore follow these instructions before extended storage.
- To clean the system after you have finished all of your cold therapy treatments and prior to extended storage, fill the reservoir with water to the fill line and mix in 2 tablespoons of liquid bleach.
- Connect the therapy pad to the system and turn the unit on.
- Allow the water/bleach mixture to circulate for 5 minutes. This will help keep the system clean.
- Turn the unit off and unplug the power supply.
- Carefully drain the water and bleach mixture out of the reservoir and wipe dry. Store in a cool dark place leaving the lid slightly open. (Exposure to sunlight and extreme heat may damage hoses and units.)
- When reusing the unit after extended storage, remove the filter sponge from the pump motor and clean or replace it. Then fill the reservoir with clean water, connect the old therapy pad and turn the pump on to circulate the water through the hose and therapy pad, and flush the remaining water mixture out of the system (use the old therapy pad for this procedure; discard the therapy pad after cleaning is completed). A new therapy pad should be purchased when using the system after extended storage.
- Dispose of water and refill the reservoir with fresh ice and water.
- Before you use the unit, inspect hoses and therapy pad for any tears or breaks.
User Manual of Polar Active Ice 3.0 Shoulder Cold Therapy System With 15 Quart Cooler
Reasons to buy from HPFY
- Customer care available 24/7 on chat
- Safe and Secure shopping
- Flexible Payment Options
- Authorized Retailer of most reputed brands in medical supplies and equipment
Warranty of Polar Active Ice 3.0 Shoulder Cold Therapy System
If the unit is within its 180 day warranty period, it will be repaired or replaced with a new unit at no charge.