Nutricia Complete Amino Acid Mix Features
- Balanced mixture of essential and non-essential amino acids
- Supplements increased protein needs in enteral formulas
- Recommended feeding concentration is 5% w/v (example 5gm powder to 100ml of water)
- Osmolality: 5% w/v = 360 mOsm/kg
- Approximate displacement: 0.75 mL/g
- Not suitable as the sole source of nutrition
- Micronutrients and energy must be supplied separately
- Not for parenteral use
What to buy with Nutricia Amino Acid Mix
How to take Nutricia 553341 Complete Amino Acid Mix?
- Wash hands thoroughly and clean the preparation area. Sterilise bottles and teats (if using).
- Boil fresh water for five minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist. Pour the required amount of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
- Fill the scoop provided with infant formula and level off with a clean dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop. Only use the scoop provided.
- Add the prescribed number of scoops of infant formula to the water. Replace the cap on the bottle and shake until powder is dissolved. Before feeding, ensure that the formula is at the correct temperature by placing a few drops on the wrist.
- Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Formula must not be rewarmed during feeding.
- Complete Amino Acid mix may be taken as a drink or paste
- Suggested dilution 1 to 20 i.e. 5g of powder plus 100ml water
- Mix the prescribed amount of the powder to a paste with cold water and make up to required volume
- If taken as a paste, water or diluted drinks should be offered at the same time
- Complete Amino Acid Mix may also be flavoured using a flavour from the SHS range
- Flavouring is not recommended for infants less than 6 months old
When to use Complete Amino Acid Mix
- Conditions in which a nutritionally complete feeding is not suitable or a modular approach is required
- Conditions where an oligoallergenic diet is indicated (e.g. individuals with intolerance to milk protein or other whole protein)
- Intractable malabsorption
- Feeding difficulties in post-operative conditions
- Chronic intestinal diseases (e.g. Crohn’s disease)
- Short bowel syndrome following intestinal resection
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Once opened, use within one month. Always replace container lid after use
- Once reconstituted, the prepared feeding should be stored in a refrigerator and must not be kept longer than 24 hours from the time of preparation
- Stir or shake immediately before serving
- Intake should be determined by a doctor or dietitian and is dependent on the age, body weight and medical condition of the patient
- Complete Amino Acid Mix must not be used as the sole source of nutrition
- Micronutrients and energy must be supplied to meet nutrient needs and to ensure proper growth
- L-Lysine, L-Glutamate, L-Leucine, L-Arginine, L-Proline, L-Valine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, L-Isoleucine, L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Serine, L-Tyrosine, L-Alanine, L-Cystine, L-Tryptophan, L-Methionine, L-Glutamine, L-Glutamic Acid.
Complete Amino Acid Mix FAQS
Can Complete Amino Acid mix be used as sole source of nutrition?
No, Complete Amino Acid Mix is not suitable as the sole source of nutrition. Fluids, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals must be supplied separately.
How much product should I use?
Dosage should be determined by a healthcare professional and is dependent on the age, body weight, and medical condition of the patient. For accuracy, Complete Amino Acid Mix should be weighed on a scale that measures in grams. The daily intake of Complete Amino Acid Mix should be divided into equal portions and distributed throughout the day. The recommended feeding concentration is 5% w/v (e.g. 5 g powder to 100 mL of water). Per 5 g of powder, Complete Amino Acid Mix provides 4 g of protein.
Complete Amino Acid Mix Vitamin Supplements Specifications