Invacare Hydraulic Manual Patient Lift Features
- Six-point swivel bar attachment easily adapts to all sling styles and positions
- Pump handle can rotate from side to side for convenience of attendant
- 20" - 64" range allows for patient to be picked up from lying position on floor
- Elongated handle design serves a broad range of operator heights and offers improved handling ability
- Offset mast and boom style provide better lift path, maximizing full travel range
- Completely enclosed cam moves legs of adjustable base
- Base offers obstruction-free operation; ideal for cleaning
- Low friction casters significantly improve rollability and contribute to caregiver safety
- Screw-in pin at mast base provides maximum stability and prevents removal of mast
Invacare Hydraulic Manual Patient Lift Owners Manual
||A. The Castered Base
|B. The Shifter Handle
|C. The Mast
|D. The Boom
|E. Swivel Bar
|F. Hydraulic Pump
|G. Pump Handle
|H. Control Valve
What to buy with Invacare Patient Lift?
How to use Invacare Hydraulic Patient Lift?
Assembling The Patient Lift:
Base, Mast and Boom Assembly: Follow the below instructions for step-by-step assembly
- Unpack the components from the shipping cartons.
- Remove the locking screw from the bottom of the base. The bottom of the mast assembly will have a notch.
- Match the notch at the bottom of the mast assembly with the tabs inside the socket of the base assembly.
- Insert the mast assembly into the socket and onto the tabs.
- Turn the mast assembly to make sure that the notch is locked on the tabs of the socket. If the mast does not turn, the mast is centered and locked in place.
- Insert the locking screw into the bottom of the base and securely tighten.
- Remove the bolt and locknut from the top of the mounting bracket of the mast assembly.
- Align the holes of the boom assembly and mast assembly mounting bracket. Insert the bolt completely through the holes of the mast assembly mounting bracket and the boom assembly.
- Tighten the bolt and nut using the Allen wrench provided and an adjustable wrench.
- To check for tightness of nut and bolt:
A. Raise the boom assembly.
B. Push the control handle away from the pump assembly.
C. If the boom assembly pivots easily, then the nut and bolt are not too tight.
D. If the boom assembly does not pivot easily or does not pivot at all, then the nut and bolt are not aligned properly.
Mast assembly mounting bracket, boom assembly, bolt and locknut must all be flush against each other.
Base Shifter Handle Assembly: For the assembly, follow the below given instructions
- Insert the base shifter handle of Manual Lift into the cam lock assembly at the back of the base.
- Align the holes of the shifter handle and cam lock assembly.
- Tighten the thumbscrew to secure the shifter handle in place. This should prevent the base shifter handle from being removed.
Operating the Patient Lift:
Opening the Legs of the Adjustable Base: The Shifter handle is used to open the legs of the base for stability when lifting a patient.
- Grasp the shifter handle in one-hand and place the opposite hand on the steering handle of the mast for balance.
- Push the shifter handle to your right to release the lock pin from its mounting hole.
- Turn the handle clockwise until you are able to secure the lock pin into the opposite mounting hole to fully open the legs of the base.
NOTE: The lock pin must insert into its mounting hole in the socket assembly to lock the legs in the full open position. The shifter handle will be in the vertical position; parallel with the mast assembly.
Raising/Lowering Hydraulic Lift: There are two controls on the pump assembly, control valve and pump handle.
- Raising the Lift: The control valve must be in the closed position (control valve positioned towards pump handle) to move the pump handle up and down to elevate the boom and the patient.
- Lowering the Lift: The control handle must be in the open position (control valve positioned away from pump handle) to lower the boom and the patient. The rate of descent can be controlled by varying the amount that the control valve is opened.
Invacare Hydraulic Patient Lift Specifications
Open: 42.25", Closed: 22"
|Front: 5", Rear: 5"
|Boom Height at Sling Attachment
||Min: 17", Max: 61", Range: 44"
|Boom Overall Height
Invacare Patient Lift Warranty
3 year limited warranty on lift and 1 year limited warranty on slings, hydraulic pump and electronic components