Features of Invacare Deluxe Wide Recliner
- Three easy-to-attain positions: sitting, elevated leg or full recline
- Articulating headrest comfortably supports the neck and head, and makes it easier for user to see visitors
- Excellent durability and superior ergonomic comfort for users up to 400 lbs
- Two rear steering casters may be locked to secure chair in place
- Blow-molded side panels remove quickly, with press pins, for easy cleaning
- Footrests fold completely under chair, allowing the resident to a standing position more easily
- Additional 4" of seat width for user comfort
- Flame retardant upholstery is resistant to fluids and meets California Technical Bulletin 117 standard
Invacare Deluxe Wide Three Position Recliner Owners Manual
What to buy with Invacare 3 Position Recliner?
How to assemble the Invacare Deluxe Three-Position Recliner?
Assembling the Invacare Recliner
- Remove back frame with back cushion from its carton.
- Lock the rear casters. Work from the rear of the recliner base. Ensure that footrest is in closed position before installing the back frame with cushion.
- Lift the Invacare Medical Chair back in an upright position behind the rear seat cross brace.
- Slide the back tubes into the open tube ends of the rear seat cross brace.
- Lift the plastic skirt mounted on the bottom of the seat and align behind the rear seat frame crossbrace.
- Align the holes in the skirt to the holes in the chair back by fastening the hardware.
- Securely tighten the two hex screws to secure the back cushion to the back frame.
Reclining the 3 Position Recliner
- While seated in the recliner, grip the armrests and simultaneously lean body weight back and push forward with your arms until a recline position reached.
- Swing recline lock bar up to chair back and lock into position.
- Grasp the armrest with one hand and the push bar with the other hand.
- Push the back of the chair down slowly until a desired position is reached.
How to replace the parts of Invacare Deluxe Wide Recliner?
Removing the Position Lock Lever of Invacare Deluxe Recliner
- Remove two screws, nylon washers and locknuts securing the position lock lever to the seat frame.
- To install, secure the position lock lever to the seat frame with the two screws, nylon washers and locknuts.
Replacing Caster assembly of Invacare Deluxe Wide Recliner
- Place the recliner on its side to gain access to the existing caster assemblies.
- Remove the hex screw and locknut that secures the caster assembly to the recliner frame.
- Align hole in caster insert with hole in recliner frame and install new caster assembly. Reinsert and tighten the hex head screw and nut.
- Return the recliner to its upright position
Replacing Caster Wheels of Wide Three Position Recliner
- Remove axle bolt and locknut that secure the existing caster wheel to the fork.
- Remove existing caster wheel from fork.
- Install the new caster wheel into the fork.
- Install the axle bolt and locknut and tighten securely.
Replacing Plunger Release Knob of Deluxe Three-Position Recliner
- Remove glide from end of frame.
- Remove retaining ring from end of plunger pin.
- Slide plunger release knob off the plunger pin.
- Lift plunger pin and spring out of the frame tube.
- Insert new plunger pin and spring into the frame so that grooved end of pin extends below the frame tube.
- Place plunger release knob over the plunger pin.
- Snap the retaining ring into groove of the plunger pin.
- Replace the glide into the end of the frame.
Removing/Installing the Side Panel of 3 Position Recliner
- To remove, press the push buttons near the bottom of the right side panel.
- Hold the push buttons in while pulling the panel outward.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for the other side panel.
- To install, slip the top of the right side panel into the mounting tab.
- Push the side panel upward until the side panel fit into the side frame.
- Pop the side panel into position when the push buttons are visible, through the push pin holes, near the bottom of the side frame.
Replacing/Installing the Armrest Cushion of Invacare Deluxe Recliner
- Remove four screws securing the armrest cushion to the recliner frame.
- Remove the armrest cushion from the recliner frame.
- Align the armrest cushion with the recliner frame.
- To install, secure the armrest cushion to the recliner frame with the four screws.
How to clean the upholstery of Deluxe Wide 3 Position Recliner?
- Ordinary dirt stains: Clean upholstery with warm water and mild detergent to remove superficial soil.
- Ground-in dirt stains: Use soft bristle brush and powdered cleanser or similar detergent.
- Tar, asphalt or creosote: These will stain and should be removed as soon as possible. Area can be cleaned with kerosene or naptha.
- Chewing gum: Scrape off carefully. Remove remainder with kerosene or naptha.
- Paint or shoe polish: Remove immediately. Use a white cloth dampened with kerosene, naptha or turpentine.
- Excrement: Remove immediately. Clean with 1:10 mix of bleach and water.
Specifications of Invacare Deluxe Wide Three Position Recliner
|Overall Depth Upright
|Overall Depth Recline
|Seat To Back Height
|Seat To Floor Height
|Seat Angle Range
||14° - 38°
|Back Angle Range
||38° - 61°
Warranty of Invacare Deluxe Wide Three Position Recliner
Limited Warranty - 3 Year - Chair, 1 Year - Upholstery