Hydrofera Blue Ostomy Ring Dressing Features
- Safe and highly absorptive moist wound dressing
- Formed by binding two organic pigments, gentian violet and methylene blue in open-celled polyvinyl alcohol (PVA)
- Provides a moist wound environment
- Compatible for use with fibroblast growth factors and enzymatic debriders
- Physically binds harmful endotoxins to the dressing and helps in providing patient comfort
- Antibacterial properties of Hydrofera ostomy dressing make it an ideal choice for a normal ostomy ring like Adapt Barrier Ring, Eakin Cohesive Seal, or Brava Ostomy Ring
- Placed directly on the skin with the shiny side facing away from the skin
- Helps maintain moisture balance
- Made of foam and is non-moldable
- Does not harm growth factors
- Provides antibacterial protection against microorganisms commonly found in wounds, like MRSA and VRE
- Does not interfere with adhesion of the skin barrier
Why choose Hydrofera Blue Classic?
Management of bioburden, removal of devitalized tissue and maintaining moisture balance is important for successful wound management. Hydrofera Blue Classic dressings provide all these in a single dressing.
- Bioburden Management: Two well-known organic pigments, gentian violet and methylene blue offer broad-spectrum antibacterial protection and impede the further growth of microorganisms.
- Autolytic Debridement: Use of Hydrofera Blue foam dressings promotes autolytic debridement.
- Moisture Management: PVA micro-pore foam structure absorbs and retains fluid. It becomes soft and flexible when moistened and maintains absorbency similar to other highly absorptive dressings.
- Edge Effect: This dressing assists in the resolution of epibole or flattening of wound edges.
When to use Hydrofera Antibacterial Dressing?
Hydrofera Blue ostomy ring dressing can be used for the treatment of following conditions:
- Pressure Ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Superficial burns
- Post-surgical incisions
- Donor sites
- Trauma wounds
Hydrofera Blue Safety Data Sheet
What to buy with Hydrofera Blue Ostomy Ring Dressing?
How to use Hydrofera Blue Ostomy Dressing?
- Prior to the initial application of Hydrofera Blue ostomy ring dressing, the wound should be debrided of any necrotic tissue. The wound should be cleansed with normal saline and/or an appropriate cleansing solution.
- Remove the dressing from the package, and hydrate the exposed foam side with approximately 25cc-30cc of sterile saline or sterile water.
- Squeeze out excess sterile saline or sterile water.
- Hydrofera Blue dressing may be cut to fit the wound bed. If rolled edges are present, the dressing should cover both the wound and peri-wound area.
- Place the hydrated foam side directly on to the wound with the film side on top.
- Secure with a secondary dressing. Selection of secondary dressing is based on exudate level.
- Change the first dressing at 24 hours.
- If the dressing retained its blue color, the new dressing can be left in place for up to 72 hours.
- If the dressing turned white or lightened in color, continue 24-hour dressing changes until blue color is retained.
- As with many wound care dressings, moisture balance is key. If the dressing is dry, thoroughly remoisten with sterile saline or water, then gently remove the dressing.
First Aid Measures:
- Eye contact is not considered a potential route of exposure. If in eyes, rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists, get medical advice/attention
- Inhalation is not considered a potential route of exposure. Move to fresh air in case of accidental inhalation If symptoms persist, get medical attention
- Ingestion is not considered a potential route of exposure. If this occurs, call a physician or poison control center for advice.
Compare Your Hydrofera Blue Foam Dressings
Hydrofera Blue Ostomy Dressing Reviews