If additional air is required, insert the top of the hand pump into the valve. Refer to the inflation chart on the side of the pump for recommended number of strokes.
Once the cushion appears about 60% full, check for proper inflation. If you can easily roll one side of the product past the first set of holes, but not to the second, your cushion is ready to use.
After you have checked the air pressure and it is just the amount needed, use your cushion. Place valve side down, towards the back of the seating surface.
Maintainance of EHOB Waffle Pillow
- Should be at normal room temperature before inflating. Store in room temperature of 55 to 85 degrees
- Clean cushion with soapy water or bleach/water. Do not use cleaning solvents containing alcohol or petroleum distillates. Refer to infectious disease protocol and follow disinfectant manufacturers instructions
- Do not wash or dry in institutional laundry. Proper product inflation and skin care protocol must be maintained to maximize the skin care management provided by these products. Skin inspection, daily hand checks and turning schedules are vital to your skin care program
- Use facility procedure for disposing of product and packaging materials
- Altitude and temperature may affect inflation
- Note:- Return Policy for the Cushion is 14 days
EHOB Cushion Precautions
- If used in a chair, position shifts should be made every 15–30 minutes or per individualized schedule.
- Avoid direct contact between skin and product by using a pillowcase, sheet, or breathable under-pad.
- Single patient use.
- Do not smoke or use near open flame.
- It is not sterile and is not intended to be sterilized.
- Keep packaging materials away from children.
Ehob Waffle Seat Cushion Instruction Manual
What to buy with Waffle Cushion for Recliner
EHOB Waffle Seat Cushion FAQ
1.What is a waffle pillow?
The EHOB WAFFLE Cushion is the leading non-powered reactive air pressure redistribution cushion. It is a clinically proven solution designed to redistribute pressure at bony prominences and achieve better patient outcomes.
2. What is an Ehob cushion?
Ehob Pre-Inflated Seat Cushion waffle is designed to distribute the user's weight evenly, helping the user to provide comfort and reducing the user risk of pressure injury and bedsores.
3. What does Ehob stand for?
Elevate Head Of Bed. Ehob is a commonly used instruction given by doctors after specific surgeries. Ehob was founded by a Head and Neck surgeon in 1985, Dr. James Spahn, who named the company after this familiar medical term.
4. What is a waffle cushion used for?
The Waffle Seat Cushion is a static air cushion featuring a recessed valve system that allows inflation tailored to the individual patient. The Waffle Seat Cushion aims to prevent and treat stage 1-4 pressure ulcers and deep tissue injuries.
5. What does Waffle Air Seat Cushion do?
- The Waffle Cushion protects the user by reducing the risk of pressure injuries and helps improve comfort when sitting.
- The Seat Cushion lifts sit bones and tailbone off the surface when properly inflated.
- Allows the body to sink into the product, helping increase comfort.
- Unique venting holes provide airflow to keep the user comfortable.