Features of Butterfly Liner
Butterfly absorbent patches have the following features that add comfort and convenience to your life:
Absorbent core and odor shield protect against accidental leakage
Gentle adhesive adheres to the skin for a secure fit and comfortable protection
Unique winged shape design provides simple and clean application and removal
What is Bowel Leakage?
Minor bowel leakage is a common problem experienced by tens of millions of people in the US1. Minor bowel leakage (also known as bowel incontinence, fecal incontinence, anal incontinence, or "ABL") is usually not a serious medical condition but it can be unexpected, can happen suddenly at inconvenient times, and can seriously interfere with daily life.
Bowel Leakage is associated with many potential causes including:
- Childbirth – which can damage the pelvic floor muscles
- Chronic diarrhea
- Irritable bowel syndrome/IBS
- Inflammatory bowel disease/IBD (Crohns disease, ulcerative colitis)
- Nerve damage (due to diabetes, multiple sclerosis, or other conditions)
- Prostate issues
- Advanced age
- Medication side-effects
Why use Attends Butterfly Pads?
- Suffering from minor bowel leakage can be an extremely personal and isolating issue. The butterfly liner was developed specifically to provide a simple and effective personal care solution for people who experience minor bowel leakage.
- Butterfly body liners are a smart solution for buttocks known to leak; an absorbent and odor-neutralizing patch that tucks between the cheeks to prevent soiled underwear and catch other minor bowel leaks before they can become a problem. The unique and proprietary design allows users to return to a feeling of normalcy and comfort.
What to buy with Butterfly Body Liner
How to use Butterfly Liner?
Butterfly patches look easy, but may take some practice to master. Be sure to read the directions and get to know the product before you try patches for the first time.
Step 1: Peel off the paper backing and fold the patch in half with the adhesive on the outside of the fold.
Hold the patch so that, when in position, the Long Wings are facing up towards your back for easy removal.
Step 2: Reach around (or reach between your legs) and use your finger to guide the center of the patch to your anus.
Press adhesive to secure the patch to your cheeks. It may take a few tries to learn how to position it just right.
Tips while using
- When patches are placed correctly, the center of the patch should touch your anus. The adhesive should gently cling to your skin. The Long Wings should face upward for easy, hygienic removal. The Short Wings should be out of the way of your stream of urine. Here are some additional tips of how to apply Butterfly liner.
- Between the Legs - Grab in the middle of outside wings. Bend it, sticky side out, long wings up, forefinger behind the absorbent core. Reach between your legs and tuck the patch all the way up between your cheeks.
- Around the Back - Grab in the middle of outside wings. Bend it, sticky side out, long wings down, forefinger behind the absorbent core. Reach around and tuck the patch all the way up between your cheeks.
- Do not wear it long wings down. The long wings are meant to go up for maximum comfort and easier removal.
- The adhesive should not touch your hand. Make sure the adhesive side is facing out when you fold and insert the patch.
- Do no stick patches to your underwear. It is not a panty liner.
- Do not flush it down the toilet. Properly dispose of patches in the trash can.
1. How do I keep the Pads from getting wet when I urinate? (for women)
Make sure you have got the Long Wings facing up towards your back, and the absorbent core gently touching your anus. If that does not do the trick, consider either trying a smaller size or removing the Butterfly liner before you urinate.
2. Will I get used to the feeling of wearing Butterfly Body Liners?
At first, you may find the feeling of something in between your buttocks unusual. But hang in there. When placed correctly, the patch should feel comfortable. If it is not, be sure to check that you have the center of the Butterfly liner tucked all the way up between your buttocks with its absorbent core touching your anus and the adhesive gently adhered to your skin.
3. Does the Butterfly liner have to adhere to me?
Yes, Some people worry the adhesive touching their skin will feel uncomfortable but actually, the opposite is true. The patch is most comfortable and effective when gently adhered to your skin so it does not move or bunch up.
4. Do I wear the Butterfly Liners adhered to my underwear?
No, The Butterfly liner is made to be tucked up between your cheeks with its absorbent core gently touching your anus. This puts the protection right where the problem is, absorbing minor bowel leakage and helping neutralize odors.
5. Are Butterfly Incontinence Pads flushable?
No, Butterfly liner are not safe to flush and they are not septic-safe. Please dispose in the trash.
6. What are Attends Butterfly Pads used for?
Butterfly Body liners are used to provide protection from bowel leakage. It is the first and only secure protection that adheres comfortably and discreetly in between the buttocks.