3M Steri-Strip Blend Tone Skin Closure Features
- Designed to blend seamlessly with various skin tones, making them less noticeable once applied and enhancing cosmetic outcomes
- The hypoallergenic adhesive used in these closures is gentle on the skin, minimizing the risk of irritation or allergic reactions
- Steri-Strip closures provide a non-invasive method of wound closure, reducing the need for more invasive procedures
- Suitable for a wide range of wound types, including small lacerations, surgical incisions, and minor wounds, offering versatility in wound closure applications
- Applying these closures is a quick and straightforward process, saving time for medical professionals and reducing patient discomfort
- The closures are flexible, allowing them to move with the skin and adapt to the body's natural contours, ensuring a comfortable fit
- Offer high tensile strength, contributing to secure wound closure and reducing the risk of wound dehiscence
- Used in the emergency department, operating rooms, clinics, and physician offices, same-day surgery centers
- Easy to apply wound closure strips
How do these Skin Closure Strips work?
These closures use adhesive technology to hold the edges of a wound together, promoting healing and reducing the risk of infection. They are especially effective for small lacerations and incisions.
Frequently Bought Together
How to use 3M Steri Strips Skin Closures?
- If tension is noted under 3M Steri-Strip wound closures, they may be replaced under the direction of a health care professional.
- Lifted edges of Steri Strip Dressings may be trimmed. However, when less than 1/2 inch of Steri-Strip closures remain on either side of the wound, one might consider gently removing the closure and replacing it with a new one.
How to apply 3M Steri Strip Skin Adhesive Strips?
- Clean and dry skin at least two inches around the wound.
- Peel back package tabs to access the sterile 3M Steri-Strip Blend Tone Skin Closures. Remove the card, using sterile precautions as necessary. Bend the card at the end perforation and gently remove the tab.
- Grasp the end of the skin closure with forceps or a gloved hand; lift straight upward (90-degree angle). Closures lifted at a lesser angle or directly back on themselves may "curl", complicating handling.
- Wound closure generally starts in the middle of the wound. 3M Steri-Strip Blend Tone Skin Closures must be applied without tension. Do not stretch or "strap" Steri-Strip closures. Apply one-half of the first 3M Steri Strip Skin Closure to the wound margin and press firmly in place.
- Using fingers or forceps, appose skin edges as closely as possible. Press free half of the Steri Strip Dressing firmly on the other side of the wound.
- The rest of the wound should be closed with additional Steri-Strip closures spaced approximately 1/8 inch (3mm) apart by:
(a) sequentially bisecting the remaining length of the wound with Steri-Strip closures or
(b) applying Steri-Strip closures 1/8 inch apart until edges are completely approximated.
If edges are not accurately apposed, remove 3M Steri Strip Skin Closures over the affected area (peeling each side towards the wound) and reapproximate the wound.
- Additional 3M Steri-Strip Blend Tone Skin Closures may be applied parallel to the wound, approximately 1/2 inch in from ends (cross stays, railroad tracks). This may reduce stress beneath the ends of Steri-Strip closures decreasing the risk of skin tension blisters and premature lifting of Steri-Strip closures.
How to remove Steri Strip Dressing?
- Remove cross stays. Gently grasp and loosen the ends of the 3M Steri-Strip skin closure.
- Stabilize the skin with one finger. Remove Steri-Strip closure "low and slow" towards the wound, keeping it close to the skin surface and pulling it back over itself. Removing the Steri-Strip closure at an angle will pull at the epidermis increasing risk of mechanical trauma.
- As the 3M Steri Strip Skin Closures are removed, continue moving your finger as necessary, supporting newly exposed skin. When both sides of the Steri-Strip closure are completely loosened, lift the strip from the center of the wound.
- 3M Steri-Strip Blend Tone Skin Closures are contraindicated where adhesion cannot be obtained. Potential causes of inadequate adhesion are the presence of exudate, skin oils, moisture, or hair.
- The use of these closures on infected wounds is contraindicated.
- 3M Steri Strip Skin Closures are contraindicated for use in high tension wounds which cannot be easily approximated with fingers or forceps.
- The skin should be clean, dry, and free of skin oils to ensure good adhesion.
- Do not apply skin closures under tension. Skin shearing, skin blistering, or loss of adhesion may result if excessive tension is applied.
- The development of postoperative edema may cause skin shearing, skin blistering, or loss of tape adhesion to occur at either end of the strip.
- Application of any surgical tape or adhesive skin closure may result in skin stripping upon removal.
- As with all adhesive products applied to the skin, a small percentage of individuals may experience hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation following removal.
- Occasional cases of mild acne and folliculitis have been observed in testing on healthy volunteers.
3M Steri Strips Skin Closures - Application And Removal Guide
3M Steri Strips Skin Closures - Article Information Sheet
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Steri-Strip closures suitable for all skin types?
Yes, Steri-Strip closures are designed to be hypoallergenic and gentle on various skin types, making them suitable for most patients.
How long do Steri-Strip Blend Tone Skin Closures stay on?
Steri-Strip Blend Tone Skin Closures should be left in place for 3-5 days or until the wound is healed. However, if they start to come loose, you can reapply them. If they become completely detached, you should see a doctor to have the wound stitched or stapled.
Can I shower or bathe with Steri-Strips on?
Yes, Steri-Strip closures are water-resistant and designed to withstand exposure to water. However, avoid excessive soaking and pat the area dry afterward.
Will Steri-Strips leave a scar?
When properly applied and removed, Steri-Strip closures can help minimize scarring compared to other closure methods. However, individual healing varies, and some scarring may still occur.
Steri Strip Dressing Specifications
|Dimensions (in mm)
|6 mm x 75 mm
|6 mm x 100 mm
|12 mm x 100 mm
Steri-Strip Blend Tone Reviews