Breg Polar Care Kodiak Features
- Breg Polar Care Kodiak cold therapy system is easy to use with intuitive design
- Breg kodiak has advance technology for whisper quiet performance
- Robust motor for optimal durability
- Superior filtration system prevent clogs
- Lightweight, portable design is easy to carry, fill and use
- Proven reliability and effectiveness
- Proper use requires an insulation barrier between the Intelli-Flo pad and the skin of the patient
Polar Care Intelli-Flo Pads
- Water-circulating pads are designed to fit a specific of body parts, and are cleaner and easier to use than messy ice or gel packs
- Customized Intelli- Flo pads provide temperature control specific to each treatment area resulting in superior coverage and comfort
When to use Breg Polar Care Cold Therapy System?
- Post Operative
- Arthroscopic Procedures
- Reconstructive Procedures
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Chronic Pain
- Physical Therapy
What to buy with Cold Therapy Unit
Also Available (Sold Separately) -
How do you use Polar Kodiak?
Breg Cold Therapy Setup
- To fill -
- Unlock the handle and remove lid
- Fill with cold water to the line, then ice to line
- Replace lid and lock with handle in the upright position
- To connect unit to the pad -
- Push down on the two metal tabs
- Push connectors together until metal tabs pop up
Breg Polar Care Kodiak Unit Operation
- To turn on/off -
- Plug the power supply into the wall, and receptacle on lid
- Operation begins automatically with power
- Unplug power supply to turn off
- To refill -
- Turn off
- Press down on two metal tabs to disconnect the unit and pad
- Remove lid and place upside down on a flat surface
- Drain and follow fill instructions
How does Breg Polar Care Kodiak work?
Pain is the result of the chemical response of the body to cell death, along with increased pressure on the nerve endings caused by swelling. This vicious cycle of pain and inflammation continues until it is interrupted. Cold therapy helps combat the inflammatory process and reduce pain. Ice is only safe for brief periods, resulting in lack of sustained pain relief. Prolonged application of cold therapy is the best way to interrupt this cycle. Polar Care Kodiak Cold Therapy provides prolonged pain relief.
Instructions while using Breg Polar Care Kodiak Cold Therapy System
- Use cubed or chunked ice for optimal performance
- User can disconnect the cold therapy pad from the unit without removing the pad from the affected area by depressing the silver tabs on the hose coupling and gently pulling the hoses apart. The Breg Polar Care Cold Therapy Pad and unit will seal itself and will not leak. Note: Some dripping during release is normal.
- Do not run pump without water. The pump in this unit is designed to run with water. Running the unit without water will cause permanent damage to the pump.
- Unplug unit before removing lid
How do you clean Polar Kodiak?
- After using polar kodiak, empty, and dry the unit with a soft cloth
- Warm water and mild detergent may be used to clean the pump and tubes
- Avoid flammables and oxidizers
- Do not use in places with inflammable vapors or gasses (e.g., flammable anesthetics), high oxygen concentrations, or other oxidizers (e.g., nitrous oxide)
Compare Your Cold Therapy Systems
Polar Care FAQ'S
How to drain the Cold Therapy Pad?
It is recommended to drain the Cold Therapy Pad between uses. To drain the pad, hold the cold therapy Pad upright with the hose pointed toward the ground. Depress the black plunger and allow water to drain out of the pad.
Can I use CT anywhere?
It comes with an optional battery pack for use anywhere.
Can I wear unit to bed/sleep?
It is not recommended to use cold therapy system while sleeping.
- Breg Polar Care Kodiak can be cold enough to cause serious injury, including full skin necrosis
- Follow the Operating Instructions and carefully read the Product Insert (see pouch on side of unit) and the Intelli-Flo Pad Fitting Instructions (provided with each Cold Therapy Pad) prior to use
Breg Polar Care Kodiak Cold Therapy Unit user manuals
Polar Care Kodiak Cold Therapy System Specifications
|Feeder Hose Length
Kodiak Cold Therapy Warranty
6 months warranty