An abdominal binder or belly binder is a compression belt that encircles abdomen. Post surgical abdominal binders are commonly used to boost the recovery process after abdominal surgery, pregnancy, weight loss bariatric surgery, cesarean section, tummy tuck, hysterectomy, spinal surgery or abdominal hernias. At HPFY, you can find the best in class abdominal binders from top tier manufacturers like BSN Medical, Aspen Medical, Advanced Orthopedics, AT Surgical and many more.
What is Abdominal Support Belt used for?
Abdominal binder after surgery are used to speed up the recovery process after abdominal surgery. Your doctor may recommend that you wear an abdominal brace after:
- Spinal Surgery
- Caesarean Section
- Bariatric Surgery
- Exploratory Laparotomy
- Tummy Tuck
How to measure Binder Sizes?
It is vital to know the amount of compression required When buying an abdominal binder. It is essential to do sizing and other measurements before undergoing surgery.
Measurements are always taken directly through the skin. During the first two weeks after surgery, stage 1 garment is worn. It is less tight for initial swelling. And then, from 2 to 8 weeks after surgery, the stage 2 garment is worn, which is tighter and smaller.
How to use Belts for Abdominal Muscle Strain?
- The binder is concealable under your clothes, but one should avoid tight-fitting clothes.
- Wrap the stomach binder around your abdomen, and then secure the straps.
- Binder should be tightened to fit snugly around the belly and it should not be very tight.
- For measurement, you can consider wrapping a binder to the point you can breathe comfortably.
- Keeping it dry is a must as a wet binder can irritate the skin and cause infections.
- Always follow the manufacturer's guidelines on how to wash and clean the binder.
Where can I buy Tummy Belt Online?
An abdominal binder comes in many sizes and widths. Most are made from elastic and have Velcro or hook and loop closures. At HPFY you can buy a wide range of abdominal binders from manufacturers like BSN Medical
, Aspen Medical
, AT Surgical
and many more
Frequently asked questions
Abdominal binders are wide compression belts that encircle the abdomen. These belts come in many sizes and widths. An abdominal binder may be prescribed to speed-up the recovery process after abdominal operations. It relieves pain and provide support to the affected area.
An abdominal binder may be recommended after:
- a caesarean section
- bariatric surgery •an exploratory laparotomy
- a hysterectomy
- a tummy tuck
- spinal surgery
A properly fitted, carefully-positioned abdominal binder may be used in people with spinal cord injury to help:
- support the abdomen
- maintain abdominal pressure
- improve respiratory function
An abdominal binder may be used after a hysterectomy as it:
- holds your abdominal muscles together to relieve pain
- increases circulation at your surgical site to promote healing and decrease swelling
- makes physical activity more comfortable
- strengthens abdominal muscles
- Binding your abdomen reminds your abdominal muscles how to behave. The compression helps the abdominal muscles to snap back from being stretched to accommodate the baby.
- Wearing a compression garment helps to heal the incision faster because compression will increase blood flow to that area and help reduce the swelling around the incision.