Digital Oral Thermometer Features
- Versatile thermometer:
Displaying temperature readings in Celsius or Fahrenheit, the thermometer can be used orally, rectally or axillary
- One-touch operation:
Simple to use with a one-touch temperature reading and battery saving auto-off function
- Easy to clean:
The digital thermometer is easy to clean and sanitize to reduce cross-contamination
Why Choose Vive Oral Thermometer? Measurement Range:
- Celsius: 32° - 42.9°
- Fahrenheit: 90° - 109.9°
- Digital LCD display
- Displays up to four digits
- Low battery indicator
- Requires one 1.5V alkaline battery (LR41)
- Battery life: One year or 1200 temperature reading
- Records last measurement for quick comparing
- Once thermometer turns on, last temperature will automatically display on screen until a new temperature is recorded
What Vive Digital Thermometer Includes?
- Vive digital thermometer
- One LR41 battery
- Protective case
- One year guarantee
What to buy with Digital THermometer
How to use Vive Digital Thermometer?
Taking an axillary temperature (under the arm):
- Press ON/OFF button to activate. The unit will beep and display 188.8.E . This LCD test will go on for around 2 seconds. (for F° and C° switch function hold the button for 3 seconds when turning on.)
- The temperature taken the last time will be displayed with the letter "M" in the right corner
- When Lo and flashing F°/ C° displays, the thermometer is ready for temperature measuring. If the room temperature is lower than 32.0*(90°) the room temperature will be displayed instead of "lo"
- The beep will sound when temperature measuring is complete
- Press ON/OFF button to power off the unit. (The unit will automatically power off after approximately eight minutes after use.)
- Taking oral Temperature: Place the probe tip under the tongue making sure to close your mouth during the measurement.
Taking a rectal temperature:
- Wipe the underarm with a dry towel and place the probe tip under the arm so the tip is touching the skin and keep your arm tucked against your body during the measurement. Approximate measuring time: 2-3 minutesNote: axillary temperatures are generally 0.50/1.0" lower than oral readings
- Apply a water-soluble lubricant to the probe cover. Gently insert the probe (maximum 1/2") into the rectum. Approximate measuring time:1 minute.Note: Rectal temperatures are generally 0.5°/1.0° higher than oral readings
Vive Oral Thermometer Care Instructions
Vive Digital Oral Thermometer User Manual
- Store thermometer in a dry location free from dust and direct sunlight
- Dampen a cloth with a disinfectant (e.g. 70% ethyl alcohol) and wipe clean
Vive Digital Thermometer FAQs
Q. Will the digital thermometer measure to one-hundredth of a degree?
The Vive Precision digital thermometer only displays accurate temperature readings to the tenth of a degree.
Q. Can I use a thermometer cover with the digital thermometer?
Yes! Disposable thermometer slipcovers work well with the Vive Precision digital thermometer.
Q. How long does the digital thermometer take before it gives an actual result?
The digital thermometer takes up to eight seconds to display an accurate temperature reading for oral readings, up to two minutes for axillary measurements and one minute for rectal measurements.
Q. Is the digital thermometer mercury-free?
Yes, the Vive Precision digital thermometer is mercury-free.
Q. Does the thermometer’s display screen light up?
The screen is not backlit, however, the screen is large and easy to read.
Q. Does the Vive Precision digital thermometer beep when it is finished?
Yes, the digital thermometer will sound a steady pattern of audible beeps when a temperature in the normal range is detected. It will sound a rapid pattern of beeps when a fever is detected.
Q. What type of battery does the digital thermometer need?
This digital thermometer requires one 1.5V AG3 alkaline battery or an LR41 equivalent.
Q. Will the thermometer automatically turn off after taking a temperature?
Yes, the Vive Precision digital thermometer is equipped with an energy-saving auto-off feature.
Q. Can this thermometer switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius?
Yes, the temperature readings can be displayed in either scale by holding the on/off button for three seconds when turning the thermometer on.
Q. How do I replace the thermometer’s battery?
When the low battery indicator is displayed, gently pull the battery cover off. Remove the old battery and dispose of it properly. Insert a new 1.5V AG3 alkaline battery or an LR41 equivalent with the “+” polarity facing up. Then slide the battery chamber back into place and attach the cover.
Q. Does the thermometer work to take temperatures under the arm?
Yes! This thermometer provides safe, reliable axillary, or under the arm, readings.
Q. Will this digital thermometer store the last temperature reading?
Yes, the last reading is stored and displayed when powered on for easy tracking.
Vive Thermometer Warranty
1 Year Guarantee