What does Polar Active Ice 3.0 Knee Cold Therapy Include?
- (1) 16-Quart cooling reservoir with 5 feet of insulated tubing, wheels and a retractable handle. It fits up to twelve 500 ml frozen water bottles, which can be used instead of ice and are reusable and convenient
- (1) High-efficiency pump: Provides steady, whisper-quiet, effective cold therapy
- (1) Patent-Pending Programmable Digital Timer: Set custom cold therapy on and off cycles
- (1) Knee Therapy Pad: Provides comfortable cold therapy to the knee and/or joint
- (1) 12-volt DC power supply
Polar Active Ice 3.0 Knee Cold Therapy Features
- Specifically designed to deliver drug-free pain relief after injury or post-surgery, when serious pain relief is required.
- Whisper-quiet, high-efficiency pump circulates cold water throughout the therapy pad
- Customize your cold therapy on and off cycles with the patent-pending programmable digital timer
- Our cooling reservoirs will hold more ice or frozen water bottles than competitors, which will lengthen the duration of cold therapy before needing to add more ice or swapping out your frozen water bottles. With twice the reservoir size allowing for twice the ice/frozen water bottle capacity as our biggest competitors, Polar Active Ice 3.0 will get you through the night.
- Try frozen water bottles instead of ice. Our large cooling reservoirs allow for the use of frozen water bottles which is an easy and convenient alternative to ice. They are reusable and can be easily swapped out with an extra set from the freezer once thawed, eliminating the need to drain melted water. This is also a big help for the caregiver. The 16-quart cooling reservoir holds up to twelve (12) 500 ml frozen water bottles
- Convenient on/off button on the programmable digital timer eliminates any potential danger from fumbling in the dark to plug-in or unplug your system
- The cooler lid on the system is hinged and snaps in place, keeping it properly sealed. No mess.
- The therapy pad is optimized to provide comfortable cold therapy to the desired body part while providing gentle compression. The insulated outer fabric directs maximum cold therapy to the target area
- Comfortable and easy to reuse time and time again; simply add ice and water to the cooler.
- High-flow, dry, quick-disconnect couplings allow for freedom of movement, if needed.
What comes into the Polar Active Ice 3.0 Cold Therapy System?
16-Quart Cooling Reservoir
- 13" x 17" x 14.5"
- Weighs 7.75 lbs. (without ice or water in the reservoir)
- Patent-pending programmable digital timer
- Timer cord is 32" from cooling reservoir to remote and 18.5" from remote to plug-in with power supply (50.5" total)
- 5 feet of attached insulated tubing
- 120/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz Adapter converting to 12 VDC for Active Ice System operation
Knee & Joint Therapy Pad
This therapy pad is used for knee and joint cold therapy.
- 12.5" x 10.5" with three (3) attached elastic belts
- TPU: 100% Thermoplastic Polyurethanes
- Velcro fabric: 100% Polyester Yarn
- Foam tubing: 100% Synthetic Rubber
What to buy with Hot/Cold Therapy Systems
How it works?
- CAUTION: Always begin with power supply unplugged. Do not turn on the system until all connections are complete and the insulated tubing from the cooling reservoir to the therapy pad is free from bends or restrictions, as this will restrict water flow through the system.
- Connect the therapy pad tubes to the Active Ice System tubes with the quick disconnect couplings. Be sure the tabs on the female couplings are pushed all the way down, then insert the male couplings into the female couplings. Couplings "click" when they are properly locked together.
- Open the reservoir and fill with clean, cold water to the water fill line in the cooling reservoir. Be sure water covers the pump in the reservoir. CAUTION: NEVER OPERATE THE UNIT WITHOUT WATER! This can cause pump failure.
- Completely fill the reservoir with ice to the water return flow tube located near the top of the reservoir.
- Plug the power supply into a wall outlet. Then plug the Programmable Digital Timer #DTP into the power supply. Finally, plug the programmable digital timer into the electrical jack on the plate side of the cooling reservoir. Ensure all connections are secure.
- If the optional Adjustable Temperature Flow Control was purchased, you will receive the programmable timer and temperature flow control (#DFT) instead of the #DTP. See included instructions.
- Programmable Digital Timer Instructions:
- When the system is set up and ready to turn on, push the center on/off button on the programmable digital timer.
- The system will immediately turn on and the LED display on the timer will quickly flash “off” then “10” then “on” then “10.” This means the timer is initially set to cycle 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off.
- Increase or decrease the “on” time by pressing the right (+) or left (-) button.
- Increase or decrease the “off” time by pressing the top (+) or bottom (-) button.
- The timer will cycle with the on and off times set until they are changed or the system is turned off by pressing the center on/off button.
- If it is desired to have the system on for a certain number of minutes then turn off with no cycling, then set the time off to “0.”
- As long as the timer is plugged in, the last setting on the timer will automatically come up each time it is turned on.
- If the timer is unplugged, the sequence starts over at number 2 above
- Caution: Always follow your healthcare provider’s directions in regards to treatment time, cycles and skin inspection.
- Lay the connected therapy pad on a level surface with the cooling reservoir and press the "on/off" button on the programmable digital timer. Water will begin circulating through the therapy pad and back into the cooling reservoir via the water return flow tube. Allow the system to run several minutes before securing the therapy pad to the target body part. This will ensure good flow through the system. Always ensure there is water flowing out of the return tube into the cooling reservoir.
- Use the elastic belt(s) with hook and loop tabs to secure the therapy pad comfortably on the target body part. (See “Therapy Pad Usage” section on page 7 in this manual for proper fit with elastic belts.) CAUTION: Always use an insulation barrier (such as a tshirt, leggings, cast padding or elastic bandage) between the therapy pad and the skin.
- When the water temperature has risen above the desired level, refill the reservoir with ice. (See steps ‘c’ and ‘d’.) Drain water if necessary.
- Confirm water is flowing out of the return flow tube at the top of the cooling reservoir when the system is on.
For detailed instructions, please refer to the Polar Active Ice 3.0 Knee Cold Therapy System User Manual
Care & Maintenance
- Empty and wipe out the cooling reservoir after each use
- When necessary, rinse cooling reservoir and insulated tubing with warm, antibacterial soapy water
- Once every 2 weeks, pour 16 ounces of Isopropyl (Rubbing) Alcohol in the reservoir with the ice and water while system is in use
- Allow the alcohol and water mixture to circulate through the system for at least 30 minutes
- Periodically check the pump filter sponge and clean it or replace it
- Do this by grasping the back of the pump and pulling the pump cover off
- Then remove the black filter sponge
- Clean and replace
Polar Active Ice 3.0 Warranty
If the unit is within its 180 day warranty period, it will be repaired or replaced with a new unit at no charge.