What does Convaid Rodeo Tilt Wheelchair Includes?
- One Piece Angle Adjustable Footplate
- One Piece Height Adjustable Push Handle
- Elevating Legrest
- 2-Point Positioning Belt
- 11.5 x 2.5" Rear Solid Tire
- 7.5 x 2" Front
- Zippered Pockets in Seat Bottom Upholstery
- Cordura Upholstery
- Tool-less Upholstery Removal
- Single Foot Activated Wheel Locks
- Quick Release Rear Wheels
- Closure Strap
- Suitable for children who cannot maintain thoracic, pelvic, or head position and/or balance against gravity for prolonged periods of time
- Adjustable seat depth provides 5 years of growth capabilities and extends chair life for a growing child
- Dynamic Positioning options of Convaid wheelchair promote increased sitting tolerance for maximum comfort
- 5 to 45 degrees of adjustable tilt
- Seat depth growth of 5"
- Silver powder coated frame
- Easy to fold for maximal portability
- Removable and fully washable special needs stroller
- Two frame options allow extensive seating possibilities
- Optional Individual Footplates are angle adjustable for optimum leg and foot positioning
- Transit option meets WC19 transport safety standards
- Adjustable 90 degrees to 110 degrees recline option opens the seat-to-back angle to provide postural relief
When to use Convaid Rodeo?
- Convaid Rodeo Tilt Wheelchair provides position change for children who cannot maintain pelvic, thoracic, or head position
- Stroller wheelchair provides position change for those who cannot independently shift body weight
- Provides appropriate position for children who are at risk for:
- Digestive complications: Tilt can be used to promote postures that reduce the risk of G.I. complications such as gastritis, gastric reflux, esophagitis and/or bowel impaction
- Postural hypotension: Tilt encourages blood flow above heart level in case of blood pressure drops
- Respiratory complications: Tilt can be used to promote thoracic and diaphragm extension
- Autonomic dysreflexia: Tilt of Convaid Pediatric Wheelchair allows the child to be brought quickly into an upright position to assist in lowering blood pressure
- Provides position change without the risk of shear forces (pelvis sliding)
- Provides position change while reducing the risk of extensor spasticity
What to buy with Convaid Rodeo Tilt Stroller
How to use Convaid Stroller Wheelchair?
Unfolding Convaid Stroller:
- Lay Convaid Rodeo Tilt wheelchair stroller down with seat facing upward.
- Unbuckle closure strap.
- Push in gray buttons on leg rest extensions and swing them out and upward until parallel with the ground.
- Open folded footplate and attach calf support to footplate with Velcro.
- Apply wheel lock.
- Push in gray buttons on push handle, and lift upward until handle is at a 90-degree angle with chair.
- Place foot on the caster tube and push against back tubes using both hands. Make sure the safety lock clicks into place by visual inspection on both sides.
Warning: Make sure the safety lock clicks into place. Two clicks will be heard. Look to see that safety lock pins are visible and fully exposed on both sides.
- Adjust push handle and footplate into desired position.
- If applicable, lower armrests, unfold lateral trunk supports and place seat cushion onto seat upholstery.
Folding Convaid Stroller:
- Before folding, front wheels of Convaid Rodeo Tilt Wheelchair should be in a forward facing position.
- Apply wheel lock by pushing wheel lock bar downwards.
- Position chair in a full upright position (not tilted or reclined).
Warning: Keep fingers free of folding mechanism.
If applicable, flip up armrest fold lateral trunk supports and remove seat cushion.
- Push in gray buttons on leg rest extensions, swing them upward until parallel with the ground. Detach the calf panel and fold up footplate.
- To disengage safety lock, grasp red levers and simultaneously squeeze them together with one hand. With the other hand hold top of push handle pulling towards you.
- Push chair downward into the folded position.
- Push in gray buttons on the push handle, and rotate handle back on to chair.
- Secure closure strap to hold the chair in the folded position.
- Push in gray buttons on leg rest, and rotate leg rest under chair.
- With a straight back, bend knees and lift chair.
Performing the Recline Function:
Recline Position -
- Rotate Push Handle downward: Push-in the Grey Push Buttons located on the side of the Push Handle, at the same time, rotate the Push Handle downward.
- Recline the seat back: Lift Push Handle upward to relieve the occupant weight. At the same time, pull upwards on the Recline Pull Loop, and recline the seat back to desired position.
Upright Position -
- To return seat back to upright position repeat steps 1 and 2. Push seat back up to bring upright, instead of reclining down.
The tilt feature allows for added comfort and/or convenience during feeding. To tilt, squeeze the tilt lever on the chair handle and push down. Release the lever when desired angle of tilt has been achieved.
Convaid Rodeo Tilt Wheelchair Manual
Instructions for Rodeo Attaching Foam Tray
Instructions for Rodeo Performing the Recline Function
Instructions for Rodeo Seat Depth Adjustment
Rodeo Tilt Wheelchair Specifications
|7" to 12"
||9" to 14"
||11" to 16"
Seat Back Height:
Seat to Footrest:
|7" to 13"
||8" to 13"
||9.75" to 15"
||12" to 17.5"
Seat to Floor (based on seat depth):
Seat to Back Angle:
|90° to 105°
||90° to 105°
||90° to 105°
||90° to 105°
Tilt (In degrees from vertical):
|5° to 45°
||5° to 45°
||5° to 45°
||5° to 45°
|Shoulder Strap Height:
||13" - 19"
||15" to 21"
||16" to 22"
||18" to 24"
||34"L x 21"W x 17"H
||34"L x 20"W x 17"H
||35"L x 22"W x 17"H
||34.5"L x 24"W x 17"H
Convaid Rodeo Warranty
Limited Lifetime Warranty All Convaid wheelchairs are backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. The warranty in the U.S. and Canada covers any part of a Convaid product that is found to be defective within the warranty period. Convaid will repair or replace these parts free of charge. Warranty service may be performed by an authorized service center or at the Convaid factory at Convaid;s discretion. The warranty applies to the original retail purchaser of the Convaid product.
Warranty Period in the U.S. and Canada:
Frame & X-Braces: Lifetime of original retail buyer (except CruisAire, Lite Rider & Vivo)
Frames and X-Braces for CruisAire, Lite Rider & Vivo: 5 years
Other components: 1 year
Fabric & webbing: 1 year
Planar seat and back: 5 years for hardware, 18 months for all other components
Sensiform cushion: 2 years
This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or damage caused by accident or misuse. Warranty applicable in the USA only may vary in other countries.
To exercise this limited warranty, the user should first obtain a Return Authorization Number from Convaids customer service. The product must be delivered charges pre-paid (UPS recommended) to the factory or to an authorized service center, together with a copy of the original invoice, the Return Authorization Number and a written description of the problem.
Convaid Rodeo Wheelchair Reviews