What does Convaid Rodeo Tilt Wheelchair Includes?
- One Piece Angle Adjustable Footplate
- One Piece Height Adjustable Push Handle
- Elevating Legrest
- 2-Point Positioning Belt
- 11.5 x 2.5" Rear Solid Tire
- 7.5 x 2" Front
- Zippered Pockets in Seat Bottom Upholstery
- Cordura Upholstery
- Tool-less Upholstery Removal
- Single Foot Activated Wheel Locks
- Quick Release Rear Wheels
- Closure Strap
- Suitable for children who cannot maintain thoracic, pelvic, or head position and/or balance against gravity for prolonged periods of time
- Adjustable seat depth provides 5 years of growth capabilities and extends chair life for a growing child
- Dynamic Positioning options of the Convaid wheelchair promote increased sitting tolerance for maximum comfort
- 5 to 45 degrees of adjustable tilt
- Seat depth growth of 5"
- Silver powder-coated frame
- Easy to fold for maximal portability
- Removable and fully washable special needs stroller
- Two frame options allow extensive seating possibilities
- Optional Individual Footplates are angle adjustable for optimum leg and foot positioning
- Transit option meets WC19 transport safety standards
- Adjustable 90 degrees to 110 degrees recline option opens the seat-to-back angle to provide postural relief
When to use Convaid Rodeo?
- Convaid Rodeo Tilt Wheelchair provides position change for children who cannot maintain pelvic, thoracic, or head position
- The Stroller wheelchair provides position change for those who cannot independently shift body weight
- Provides appropriate position for children who are at risk for:
- Digestive complications: Tilt can be used to promote postures that reduce the risk of G.I. complications such as gastritis, gastric reflux, esophagitis, and/or bowel impaction
- Postural hypotension: Tilt encourages blood flow above heart level in case blood pressure drops
- Respiratory complications: Tilt can be used to promote thoracic and diaphragm extension
- Autonomic dysreflexia: Tilt of Convaid Pediatric Wheelchair allows the child to be brought quickly into an upright position to assist in lowering blood pressure
- Provides position change without the risk of shear forces (pelvis sliding)
- Provides position change while reducing the risk of extensor spasticity
What to buy with Convaid Rodeo Tilt-in Space Wheelchair
How to use Convaid Stroller Wheelchair?
Unfolding Convaid Stroller:
- Lay Convaid Rodeo Tilt wheelchair stroller down with seat facing upward.
- Unbuckle closure strap.
- Push in gray buttons on leg rest extensions and swing them out and upward until parallel with the ground.
- Open the folded footplate and attach calf support to the footplate with Velcro.
- Apply wheel lock.
- Push in gray buttons on the push handle, and lift upward until the handle is at a 90-degree angle with a chair.
- Place your foot on the caster tube and push against the back tubes using both hands. Ensure the safety lock clicks into place by visually inspecting both sides.
Warning: Make sure the safety lock clicks into place. Two clicks will be heard. Look to see that safety lock pins are visible and fully exposed on both sides.
- Adjust the push handle and footplate to the desired position.
- If applicable, lower armrests, unfold lateral trunk supports, and place seat cushion onto seat upholstery.
Folding Convaid Stroller:
- Before folding, the front wheels of the Convaid Rodeo Tilt Wheelchair should be in a forward-facing position.
- Apply the wheel lock by pushing the wheel lock bar downwards.
- Position the chair fully upright (not tilted or reclined).
Warning: Keep fingers free of the folding mechanism.
Flip up the armrest, fold lateral trunk supports, and remove the seat cushion if applicable.
- Push in gray buttons on leg rest extensions and swing them upward until parallel with the ground. Detach the calf panel and fold up the footplate.
- To disengage the safety lock, grasp red levers and simultaneously squeeze them together with one hand. With the other hand hold top of the push handle, pulling it towards you.
- Push the chair downward into the folded position.
- Push in gray buttons on the push handle, and rotate the handle back onto to chair.
- Secure the closure strap to hold the chair in the folded position.
- Push in gray buttons on the leg rest, and rotate the leg rest under the chair.
- With a straight back, bend your knees and lift the chair.
Performing the Recline Function:
Recline Position -
- Rotate Push Handle downward: Push in the Grey Push Buttons located on the side of the Push Handle; at the same time, rotate the Push Handle downward.
- Recline the seat back: Lift the Push Handle upward to relieve the occupant's weight. At the same time, pull upwards on the Recline Pull Loop and recline the seat back to the desired position.
Upright Position -
- To return the seat back to an upright position, repeat steps 1 and 2. Push the seat back up to bring it upright, instead of reclining down.
The tilt feature allows for added comfort and/or convenience during feeding. To tilt, squeeze the tilt lever on the chair handle and push down. Release the lever when the desired angle of tilt has been achieved.
Convaid Rodeo Tilt Wheelchair Manual
Instructions for Rodeo Attaching Foam Tray
Instructions for Rodeo Performing the Recline Function
Instructions for Rodeo Seat Depth Adjustment
Convaid Tilt in Space Stroller Specifications
|7" to 12"
||9" to 14"
||11" to 16"
Seat Back Height:
Seat to Footrest:
|7" to 13"
||8" to 13"
||9.75" to 15"
||12" to 17.5"
Seat to Floor (based on seat depth):
Seat to Back Angle:
|90° to 105°
||90° to 105°
||90° to 105°
||90° to 105°
Tilt (In degrees from vertical):
|5° to 45°
||5° to 45°
||5° to 45°
||5° to 45°
|Shoulder Strap Height:
||13" - 19"
||15" to 21"
||16" to 22"
||18" to 24"
||34"L x 21"W x 17"H
||34"L x 20"W x 17"H
||35"L x 22"W x 17"H
||34.5"L x 24"W x 17"H
Convaid Rodeo Warranty
Limited Lifetime Warranty All Convaid wheelchairs are backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. The warranty in the U.S. and Canada covers any part of a Convaid product that is found to be defective within the warranty period. Convaid will repair or replace these parts free of charge. Warranty service may be performed by an authorized service center or at the Convaid factory at Convaid;s discretion. The warranty applies to the original retail purchaser of the Convaid product.
Warranty Period in the U.S. and Canada:
Frame & X-Braces: Lifetime of original retail buyer (except CruisAire, Lite Rider & Vivo)
Frames and X-Braces for CruisAire, Lite Rider & Vivo: 5 years
Other components: 1 year
Fabric & webbing: 1 year
Planar seat and back: 5 years for hardware, 18 months for all other components
Sensiform cushion: 2 years
This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or damage caused by accident or misuse. Warranty applicable in the USA only may vary in other countries.
To exercise this limited warranty, the user should first obtain a Return Authorization Number from Convaids customer service. The product must be delivered charges pre-paid (UPS recommended) to the factory or to an authorized service center, together with a copy of the original invoice, the Return Authorization Number and a written description of the problem.
Convaid Rodeo Wheelchair Reviews