Features of Dakin's Quarter Strength Wound Cleanser
- Broad-spectrum antimicrobial wound cleanser
- Has two-year shelf life
- Second-lowest strength of Sodium Hypochlorite
- Non-irritating, non-sensitizing wound solution
- For wound management, use as an irrigant, cleanser, or the wetting agent for a wet-to-moist dressing
- The wound cleanser bottle is 16 ounces, and the ingredient is Sodium Hypochlorite.
Dakin's Solution Quarter Strength SDS
- Sodium Hypochlorite 0.125%
- Purified water
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Sodium Hydroxide
Frequently Bought Together
How to use Dakin's Wound Cleanser?
- Pour or apply to the affected area.
- For wound management, use as an irrigant, cleanser, or wetting agent for a wet-to-moist dressing.
- Apply once daily for lightly to moderately exudative wounds.
- Apply twice daily for heavily exudative or highly contaminated wounds.
- Protect surrounding intact skin with a moisture barrier ointment or skin sealant as needed.
- Store at room temperature (20-25° C / 68-77° F).
- May bleach clothing.
- Keep the container closed when not using.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Dakins 1/4 strength solution?
Dakin's solution quarter strength is a broad-spectrum antimicrobial cleanser that is gentle to the skin and effective against MRSA, VRE, other bacteria, viruses, molds, fungi, and yeast.
2. How long should you use Dakins on a wound?
Dakin's solution and gauze can be applied daily for multiple weeks until the wound can be closed by secondary intention, skin graft, or surgical closure.
3. How many times a day should you clean a wound?
Dakin's quarter strength solution should be used once a day for light-draining wounds and twice a day for heavy exuding wounds.
4. What are Dakin's solution ingredients?
The active ingredient in Dakin's wound cleanser is Sodium Hypochlorite.