Waterwise 4000 Countertop Distiller Features
Also available (sold separately):- Waterwise 4000 Glass Collector And Storage Bottle (Code 4070) - Waterwise 4000 Post Filters Cups (Code 4506)
- Kit contains:
- Glass collector bottle
- 2 carbon filter cups
- Waterwise 4000 Countertop Distiller is compact and portable in design
- Fully lined internally with seamless high grade stainless steel, even inside the top
- Distillate capacity: 6 gallons (22.7liters) in 24 hours
- Automatic shutoff after each 1 gallon cycle
- Rating: 120VAC/60Hz 800W
- Weight: 10lb
- Height: 15" (38cm)
- Diameter: 9" (23cm)
How does Countertop Distiller work?
This Waterwise product produces distilled water by using the oldest, most effective method of water treatment–steam distillation. When the Distiller is operating, the water temperature rises to 212° F (100° C), killing bacteria, cysts, and viruses that may be present. As boiling water converts to steam, it rises and leaves behind dead microbes, dissolved solids, salts, heavy metals, and other substances. Low boiling light gases that may be present are discharged through the gaseous vent. Steam is then cooled in the stainless steel condenser, turning it into distilled water which percolates through a final polishing coconut shell carbon filter to enhance quality by adsorption of VOCs (volatile organic compounds), then is collected in the borosilicate glass collection/storage bottle.
How to use the Waterwise Water Distiller?
- Set Distiller on a dry, level, well-supported, stable surface.
- Unplug fan cord from fan cord receptacle. Remove cover and set aside.
- Fill stainless steel tank to “FULL” line with approximately 1 gallon (3.8 liters) ordinary tap water. DO NOT OVERFILL. To avoid risk of spilling, use a pitcher to fill the boiler tank.
- Be sure filter cup is locked in place.
- Replace cover on boiler tank and plug fan cord into receptacle.
- Open the sliding cover on the collection/storage bottle lid and align opening under filter cup.
- Plug power cord into a properly rated, grounded outlet.
- Press reset button to turn on Distiller. Red indicator will light and fan motor will start.
- After about 30 minutes, distilled water will begin to fill collection/ storage bottle. When cycle is complete (approximately four hours for 1 gallon), Distiller turns off automatically. Wait at least 30 minutes before lifting or removing cover!
- Unplug power cord from electrical outlet.
- Discard first gallon of distilled water as it may contain some harmless matter from manufacturing and/or packaging.
- Rinse boiler thoroughly before refilling.
Waterwise 4000 Countertop Distiller User Guide
Waterwise Countertop Water Distiller - FAQ
1 year limited warranty