Cica-Care Silicone Gel Sheets Features
- Smith & Nephew Cica-Care Self-Adhesive Silicone Gel Sheet is easy to use
- Durable, comfortable and re-usable, ideal for day and night use
- Non-adherent outer silicone membrane
- Improves the appearance of scars
- Cost effective
How Cica-Care Silicone Scar Sheets Works?
Cica-Care Gel Sheets is an advanced form of silicone contained within a gel sheet that provides a comfortable, convenient treatment for red, dark or raised scars. It has been widely used in hospitals by dermatologists and surgeons. The majority of red, raised and dark scars improve when Cica-Care is used.
Research into how Cica-Care works suggest that it may occlude the skin to hydrate the scar area. This means moisture is locked into the skin around the scar.
The effect of this is to make the scar tissue paler in color, closer to the natural color of your skin.
What to buy with Silicone Gel Sheet for Scars
When to Use Cica-Care Silicone Gel Sheet?
Cica-Care is designed to soften, flatten and fade red, dark or raised scars that have resulted from surgery, accidents, cuts and burns and injury to any part of the body, including the face.
Cica-Care can also relieve the itching and discomfort associated with red and raised scars. However, some injuries leave white scars that naturally fade away after time and Cica-Care is not suitable for use on these.
Cica-Care is for use on intact skin and must not be used on open or infected wounds or over scabs or stitches. See pack insert on instructions for use and in-use precautions. If uncertain consult a medical professional. Do not use ointments or creams under the gel sheet. In some cases a rash may appear, this has been attributed to either poor hygiene or the product being applied too tightly. If a rash appears to reduce product wear time, should it persist please consult your doctor. Do not use skin currently affected by acne.
How to use Cica-Care Self-Adhesive Silicone Patches?
Take a look at the following 8 simple steps to effective treatment, and see just how easy it is to soften gently, flatten and fade red, dark, or raised scars with Cica-Care.
- Wash your hands before use and gently clean the scar and surrounding skin. Thoroughly dry the area before applying Cica-Care
- Peel the lid from the tray containing Cica-Care and remove the gel sheet
- With a pair of scissors, cut the sheet to the size of the scar - allowing a little overlap all the way around. Store the remaining gel sheet in a dry place, like the tray the gel came in
- Remove the printed plastic sheet to reveal the adhesive.
- Apply Cica-Care, adhesive side down, to the scarred area without stretching the strip. If your scar is in an awkward position, you may wish to use a light bandage or tape to keep Cica-Care in position. Do not hold the gel sheet too tightly to the skin as this may irritate the scar and surrounding area
- Cica-Care should be applied to the scar for 4 hours on the first two days of use. The application time should then be increased by 2 hours a day to enable your skin to get used to the gel strip
- Clean Cica-Care twice daily with a mild soap. Once you've cleaned the gel strip, rinse it well
- Dry the Cica-Care strip with a non-fluffy towel before re-applying. Ensure the scar and surrounding area is washed too.
How long will it take Cica Care Silicone Sheets to work?
Treatment times vary from person to person and depends on the nature of the scarring. However, on average and if used correctly, you can expect the best results after 2-4 months.
At first, Cica-Care should be applied to the scar for 2 hours a day, building up by 2 hours a day to allow your skin to get used to the gel strip.
Cica-Care can be washed and re-used. Each strip lasts between 14 and 28 days, making it a cost-effective scar treatment.
How to clean Cica-Care Silicone Patches?
To remain fully effective, we recommend Cica-Care is cleaned twice daily. During warm weather or periods of increased physical activity, Cica-Care should be cleaned more frequently to maintain maximum contact between the gel strip and the treatment area.
Cleaning Cica-Care is straightforward. Simply wash the strip with mild soap. Avoid using any other household cleaning products.
To dry Cica-Care after cleaning, use a non-fluffy (lint-free) cloth and, before reapplying, clean your scar area too.
For your comfort and convenience, Cica-Care can be removed for you to wash and bathe as normal.
Why choose Cica-Care Silicone Sheets for Scars?
Cica-Care Improves the Majority of Scars
42 people aged between 2 and 60 with red, dark or raised scars were studies with Cica-Care.
These scars had also improved in condition, color and texture, softenting to enable the skin to become more flexible.
Only 12% of untreated scars improved after 2 months, with just 38% showing improvement after 6 months.
Cica-Care is Proven to be Durable
A total of 31 patients aged between 18 months and 65 years old took part in this trial. The patients had either hypertrophic or keloid scars which are both types of red, dark or raised scars.
Patients were divided into two groups; one using Cica-Care and the other another type of silicone gel sheet.
The results showed Cica-Care to be tougher in every day use. In all, 69% of patients using Cica-Care wore the same strip for more than two weeks compared to just 40% for the other silicone gel treatment.
By being more durable, Cica-Care lasts longer and is therefore more cost effective to use.