Features of Cica Care Gel Sheet
- Smith & Nephew Cica-Care Self-Adhesive Silicone Gel Sheet is easy to use
- Durable, comfortable, and re-usable, ideal for day and night use
- Non-adherent outer silicone membrane
- Improves the appearance of scars
- Safe to use on children and adults, making it suitable for the whole family
- Conformable and durable silicone dressing
- Within 2-4 months, the scars can be treated, and their appearance can be improved permanently
What to buy with Silicone Gel Sheet for Scars
When to Use Cica-Care Silicone Gel Sheet?
Cica Care gel sheet can be used on different types of scars:
- Flat and pale: These, the most common scars, may start red or raised but naturally fade over time. CICA-CARE can help speed up this process.
- Sunken Scars: Most commonly caused by acne or chicken pox, and although sunken, some acne can remain red and raised.
- Stretched Scars: These scars are caused when the skin is stretched around a healing wound. Stretch marks caused during pregnancy are similar.
- Red, dark, or raised Scars: These are known by doctors and nurses as hypertrophic or keloid scars and can be treated with CICA-CARE.
How to use Cica Care Silicone Patches for Scars?
Take a look at the following 8 steps to effective treatment, and see just how easy it is to soften gently, flatten, and fade red, dark, or raised scars with Cica-Care.
- Wash your hands before use and gently clean the scar and surrounding skin. Thoroughly dry the area before applying Cica-Care.
- Peel the lid from the tray containing Cica-Care and remove the gel sheet
- Cut the sheet to the size of the scar with a pair of scissors, allowing a little overlap all the way around. Store the remaining gel sheet in a dry place, like the tray the gel came in
- Remove the printed plastic sheet to reveal the adhesive.
- Apply Cica-Care, adhesive side down, to the scarred area without stretching the strip. If your scar is in an awkward position, you may wish to use a light bandage or tape to keep Cica-Care in position. Do not hold the gel sheet too tightly to the skin, as this may irritate the scar and surrounding area.
- Cica-Care should be applied to the scar for 4 hours on the first two days of use. The application time should then be increased by 2 hours daily to enable your skin to get used to the gel strip.
- Clean Cica-Care twice daily with mild soap. Once you've cleaned the gel strip, rinse it well.
- Dry the Cica-Care strip with a non-fluffy towel before re-applying. Ensure the scar and surrounding area are washed too.
How to clean Cica-Care Silicone Patches?
- To remain fully effective, Cica-Care should be cleaned twice daily.
- During warm weather or increased physical activity, Cica-Care should be cleaned more frequently to maintain maximum contact between the gel strip and the treatment area.
- Cleaning Cica-Care is straightforward.
- Simply wash the strip with mild soap.
- Avoid using any other household cleaning products.
- To dry Cica-Care after cleaning, use a non-fluffy (lint-free) cloth.
- Before reapplying, clean your scar area too.
- For your comfort and convenience, Cica-Care can be removed for you to wash and bathe as normal.
Why choose Cica-Care Silicone Sheets for Scars?
Cica-Care Improves the Majority of Scars
- 42 people aged between 2 and 60 with red, dark, or raised scars were studied with Cica-Care.
- These scars also improved in condition, color, and texture, softening to make the skin more flexible.
- Only 12% of untreated scars improved after 2 months, with just 38% showing improvement after 6 months.
Cica-Care is Proven to be Durable
- A total of 31 patients aged between 18 months and 65 years old took part in this trial.
- The patients had either hypertrophic or keloid scars which are both types of red, dark, or raised scars.
- Patients were divided into two groups; one using Cica-Care and the other another type of silicone gel sheet.
- The results showed Cica-Care to be tougher in everyday use.
- In all, 69% of patients using Cica-Care wore the same strip for more than two weeks, compared to just 40% for the other silicone gel treatment.
- By being more durable, Cica-Care lasts longer and is, therefore, more cost-effective to use.