What does EasyStand Stander Frame include?
- (2) 5" rear locking casters
- (2) 5" front wheels
- Manual hydraulic actuator with handle
- Planar seat
- Flip-up kneepad
- Multi-adjustable footplates
- Transfer handles
- Black upholstery
- Black molded tray with chest pad
Know Your Easy Stand Evolv Stander
Benefits of standing with EasyStand Evolv Large Stander
There are many documented health benefits of standing including:
EasyStand Adult Stander BrochureEasyStand Evolv Manual
- Improve/maintain range of motion
- Decrease joint/muscle contractures
- Management of atrophy in the trunk and leg muscles
- Improve strength to trunk and lower extremities
- Decrease muscle spasms
- Promote proper muscle skeleton development
- Improve/maintain bone integrity/skeletal development
- Lessen/manage the progression of scoliosis
- Manage pressure (ulcers) through changing positions
- Improve bowel function and regularity
- Aid in kidney and bladder functions
- Strengthen cardiovascular system and build endurance
- Improve circulation
- Reduce swelling in lower extremities
What to buy with Standers for Adults
How is Evolv Sit To Stand Frame helpful?
- Positioning - The optimal standing position has been perfected in the Evolv standing frame. By strategically placing the pivot points of the stander in line with the body’s natural pivot points, options like the hip supports, lateral supports, and head support remain in place from sitting to standing, minimizing shear. When positioned correctly, the contoured seat provides a maximum over-center stretch for various body types. The Evolv also accommodates for hip and knee contractures through proper positioning of the footplates and optional independent knee pads.
- Accessibility and Independence - The Evolv’s open base makes independent transfers easier. A larger Transfer Seat or Rotating Seat can also be added to make transfers more manageable. To make standing pivot or lift assist transfers easier, an optional Swing-Away Front or Removable Back can be added. The user can independently achieve the standing position with the manual hydraulic actuator or optional push-button Pow’r Up Lift.
- Safety and Convenience - The Evolv standing frame provides a safe and supportive transition to standing. It allows the user to stand in three easy steps – adjust, transfer, and pump up. Both caregivers and users are more comfortable with the Evolv because of the safe and easy lateral transfer and supportive transition to standing. Don’t just take our word for it – see what others have to say about the versatility and convenience of the Evolv.
- Modular Design - Accommodates both users needing little added support and those who require significant positioning to go from sitting to standing. Over 60 different positioning options, developed with advice from therapists, can accommodate the most severe disabilities. Additionally, disabilities such as Multiple Sclerosis and ALS are progressive, and positioning options may need to be added over time. The modular design helps stand those with the most difficult positioning challenges.
Benefits of EasyStand Evolv Stander
- Safer - The three point system of padded knee pad, seat, and chest pad provides the individual with support in all positions from sitting to standing. Sit to stand also allows the user to ascend and descend at their own pace and the ability to stop anywhere between sitting and standing.
- Quick Use - For those that self-transfer, it is a quick lateral transfer, flip the knee pad down and you are ready to start standing.
- Assisted Transfers Made Easier - For those that require an assisted transfer, several options ease assisted transfers such as swing-away fronts, removable backs, transfer and swivel seats, as well as elevated rear legs that allow more flexibility when patient lifts are needed.
- Comfortable - Critical areas are padded so the knee pad, seat, back and front pad are always well cushioned. Roho seat cushions and knee pads are options for those with pressure management issues.
- Acclimated Standing - Newly injured and those that have not stood recently often need to acclimate to standing. Sit to Stand Stander allows a user to stop at any point between sitting and standing. This is also beneficial for those who have minor contractures in the knees and hips and allows them to be fully ranged out over time.
- Full Hip and Knee Extension - The Evolv enables full extension at the hips and knees for those with sufficient range of motion (ROM) and full weight-bearing on the long bones of the legs. For those with limited ROM, sit to stand provides an opportunity to stand in a partial weight-bearing position and potentially progress to full extension over time.
- Prepare for Exoskeleton Walking - According to regulatory approval of exoskeleton products, prior to using an exoskeleton walking device, users should be able to stand using an assistive standing device (e.g., EasyStand Evolv). Being able to stand comfortably for longer periods of time and getting a proper stretch, makes the Evolv the ideal partner for pre-walking needs before starting a walking program.
How to customize EasyStand Standing Frame?
- Mobile Option:
- Self propel the stander
- Features flip-away knee pad and push rims, drive wheel locks and enclosed chain drive mechanism
- Not available with independent knee pads or shadow trays
- Includes clear mobile tray 18"W x 19"L (46 x 48cm)
- Lift Mechanism:
- Power Up Lift - Brings the user to the standing position with the touch of a button. Includes light touch controller, rechargeable battery and charger, Linak actuator and an emergency release.
- Adjustable/Removable Actuator Handle - Removable actuator handle adjusts the distance of reach to actuator handle to meet user’s needs. Not available with Pow’r Up lift.
- Quad Grip Handle Extension - Attaches to the actuator handle for users with limited dexterity. Adjusts for various hand sizes. Not available with Pow’r Up lift.
- T-Style Handle - Attaches to the actuator handle for users with limited range of motion. Makes the first few pumps easier and descending more accessible. Adds additional 7" (18cm) in each direction. Not available with Pow’r Up lift.
- Seat Options:
- Transfer Seat - Provides larger surface for lateral transfers. 23"W at widest area x 21.5"L (58 x 55cm). May replace the need for a transfer board.
- Rotating Seat - Rotating disk is embedded in the seat to reduce shear while swinging the user’s legs into place. It rotates 90° to the left or right and locks in place.
- Seat with Roho Insert - Maximizes pressure relief using the benefits of Roho Dry Floatation technology. Insert is 7" x 12" (18 x 30cm). Replaces standard seat.
- Shadow Tray:
- Provides constant anterior support between sitting and standing, perfect for the individual with limited upper body support and allows standing in a partial weight-bearing position or stopping to rest/acclimate when needed
- It includes large, adjustable contoured chest pad
Easy Stand Stander Specifications
Approximate Height Range
Seat Depth Range (from seat pivot)
18" to 23" (41cm to 53cm)
Seat to Footplate Range (from seat pivot)
14" to 21" (36cm to 53cm)
Kneepad Depth Range (from seat pivot)
3.5" to 5.75" (9cm to 15cm)
19"W x 21.5"L
Standard Tray Size
21" x 24" (53cm x 61cm)
Tray/Chest Pad Depth Range(from seat pivot)
0" to 10.5" (0cm to 27cm)
Standard Tray Height Range(from seat pivot)
15.5" to 30.5" (39cm to 77cm)
Footprint (at widest points)
26.5" x 33.5" (67cm x 85cm)
Weight of Basic Unit
Standard Upholstery Color
Locking Caster Diameter
10° in 3 Increments
10° in 3 Increments
15° in 3 Increments
EasyStand Evolv Warranty
Altimate Medical Inc. warrants the EasyStand Evolv against defects in materials and workmanship as listed below:
- Steel Frames - 5 years warranty
- Hydraulic Actuator - 2 years warranty
- Upholstered components, plastic pads, rubber parts, painted surfaces, bearings and other parts not specifically identified above - 90 days warranty
Warranty on Electric lift option components is as follows:
- Actuator & Hand Pendant - 2 years warranty
- Control Box & Battery - 90 days
- Battery Charger - 90 days